Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   ANIMALS on ONLINE AUCTION. LET's COMPLAIN! THANX! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17547)

meimei July 19th, 2005 09:39 AM

ANIMALS on ONLINE AUCTION. LET's COMPLAIN! THANX!

A new website has sprung up that AUCTIONS animals and animal goods.

Here is a direct copy of their FAQ:

[B]<<What items am I allowed to auction?[/B]
You may list for auction any [B]animal,[/B] animal products, animal food, animal housing, animal artwork, and animal accessories, provided its not a protected or endangered specie.>>

There is a new and very ugly trend to auction off animals. Unfortunately it must be legal since animal trading is allowed everywhere in the world, but ETHICAL? NO WAY!!! Let's complain to the online selling company and the domain owners. Just a short, generic but impactful letter to all is fine, I'm sure. I put together all the e-addresses ready to e-mail...and you KNOW what to tell them (politely because we are better than them, of course) :o) :

Below is info on who's who and what. Thank you for writing!

CHeers and thanks
MM

Luvmypit July 19th, 2005 02:32 PM

Good looking out.
i sent them an email . Short and sweet letting them know I will not be going to their site (never been ... hee hee ) if they do not remove live animals from their auctions.

Luvmypit July 19th, 2005 03:01 PM

Your ideology is warped and and your statements based without merit, or fact.

Thanks for not visiting again.

Jason Williams
Support

That is what I got back from each email I sent it too. I will now do some educating!

meimei July 19th, 2005 07:53 PM

They have an online forum

I created an account at ******* and posted my message on their
bulletin board.
I hope and pray that others follow suit.
You can see my message at:

I am sure they will remove it, but hey, every little bit helps.

Cheers
MM

Here is a copy of what I posted:
I take no pride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry folks.
I take no pride in being here.

I am appalled that this website, (which could be most useful), has chosen to allow the auctioning of live animals.

May you know it or not, you are only helping to contribute to the puppy mills, cat mills, ferret mills... anykind of mills. What can we expect next? The auctioning of bear's gall bladders?

The owners of this site should spend time doing ethical research as well as financial gain research. If they do, they might understand the horrors of what they are promoting. Thank God Ebay did! Maybe you could learn something from them.

I hope a law exsists out there somewhere that will let you see the light.
I will not spend one penny, nickel or dime to support this site.

Shame on all of you! I know I'm not alone in my feelings either.
MM

Tigger July 19th, 2005 08:40 PM

I apologize for removing your url pointers. The reason being that we do not wish to promote avenues to purchase a dog by auction online. Please if anyone would like the information PM the OP. Thanks very much.

marko July 20th, 2005 12:29 AM

The majority of this post has been stripped because it breaks our slander rules. Please reread the rules on this site.

OBVIOUSLY we don't support what they (the auctioners) are doing.

Please feel free to PM the OP for info on this matter.

Thanks

Marko