Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Podcast feedback (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Pets.ca - Podcast #1 - Comments GREATLY appreciated (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29287)

marko August 2nd, 2006 02:20 PM

Pets.ca - Podcast #1 - Comments GREATLY appreciated

Dear members,

Pets.ca has entered the world of podcasting (description below) and yours truly is the host of the podcast.

We'd like your BRUTALLY HONEST feedback (We can take it :D ) on this our first podcast.

How did it sound? Was it interesting? Is it something you like? How was the intro music? Was it too long? Too short? Did it take too long to download? How is my voice, a bit nasally? too low, too loud?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY - What are some topics that you feel we should cover for FUTURE podcasts?

Please give us as much feedback as possible as we feel this is another great way to connect with bulletin board members and Pets.ca visitors.

The podcast can be downloaded from here
[url]http://www.pets.ca/index-newsletter.htm[/url]

Here's a description of what a podcast is:
[B]What is a Podcast?[/B]
A podcast is simply an audio file that you can play on your computer or on an MP3 player such as an Ipod. You can think of a podcast as a recorded radio program that you download and then play whenever you want. Podcasts from Pets.ca will of course feature pet tips and other useful pet information. They will be approximately 5-20 minutes in length. Please note that podcasts do not 'stream'. They are downloaded in their entirety (so it takes a couple of minutes) onto your computer or MP3 player before they can be listened to.

Thanks as always,

Marko

Puppyluv August 2nd, 2006 02:41 PM

I like it thus far Marko. I'm a fan of podcasts, and tend to listen to odd ones (right now I'm "studying" for Mrs.G's Grade 9 final exams in England) but this one is good and Normal! I think it would be cool if in future podcasts, you answered someone's specific question, as well as your general info piece. Also, maybe a poll that people could respond to, and you note the results in the next one. The sound quality was really good.. except that theme song....uhh interesting choice...:p

marko August 2nd, 2006 03:45 PM

Thanks puppyluv. It took QUITE a while to make this first one, but the future ones should be easier.

[QUOTE] I think it would be cool if in future podcasts, you answered someone's specific question, as well as your general info piece. [/QUOTE]

Good suggestion: I think that that would work and would be easy to implement.....and a poll is also a good one.

Thanks much!

Prin August 2nd, 2006 03:58 PM

It was pretty good, but you need a better radio voice- you know, some enthusiasm sometimes (other than just for the word "fleas").:D And I wouldn't have noticed that it was nasal if you hadn't mentioned it.:D

All in all, a good download.:D

Oh, and where's Dave? What does he sound like? :clown:

mastifflover August 2nd, 2006 05:31 PM

Not bad at all Marko. I think it would be great to do one on adopting a rescue or shelter dog or cat. How to go about it, finding reputable rescues,finding a good fit for your family and most definitely training.

rainbow August 2nd, 2006 06:14 PM

I think it's good and you didn't sound nasaly to me at all. :highfive:

I'd didn't like watching the :crazy: images on the screen though. :D

[QUOTE]They will be approximately 5-20 minutes in length. [/QUOTE]

I personally think 5 minutes is long enough. Is there any way you can post the length of time of each podcast? ;)

Yanagi August 3rd, 2006 02:59 AM

Not bad, not bad at all... Like what Prin said, it'll probably be better with some enthusiasm.

marko August 3rd, 2006 06:49 AM

[QUOTE]Not bad, not bad at all... Like what Prin said, it'll probably be better with some enthusiasm.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that honesty, thanks.

Next show I'll try My Dr. Johnny Fever voice :D - No way I can do Wolfman Jack.

Prin August 3rd, 2006 01:27 PM

lol I was thinking maybe some very low background music, like the djs on the radio do... Only nothing too irritating.:D

glasslass August 3rd, 2006 04:16 PM

I think your voice is just fine. Very clear, easy to understand, good pace. Maybe a bit too soothing sounding.

Puppyluv August 3rd, 2006 05:05 PM

[QUOTE=Prin]lol I was thinking maybe some very low background music, like the djs on the radio do... Only nothing too irritating.:D[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I think background music on podcasts is confusing and annoying, just me though.

I agree with Glasslass, I liked your voice, and the only time it sounded nasaly was when you mentioned that it might.

Joey.E.CockersMommy August 5th, 2006 06:24 PM

hee hee Marko your voice is booming on my computer must be the sub woofer - how about some music too :D