Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bobby! Another newer rescue. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83524)

Koteburo February 26th, 2013 01:12 AM

Bobby! Another newer rescue.

My parent's house that I'm visiting is a mega multicat house hold. Some live here permanently, some are carefully re-homed.
Bobby started hanging around outside, hugry, friendly and loving. I left food and water for him outside.
Long story short one morning he came inside and he decided he wanted to live here. He put a little flag with a black paw in it and declared this his home. Funny thing none of the cats reacts violently to him or the other way around.
Later on I found out a woman near here rescued him but since he liked to wander someone called her but she just gave an excuse about the cat not wanting to be there with her. Funny thing he wants to be here and he barely likes going outside, only while I'm outside in the garden... BS
But AT LEAST she had the decency of deworming him and vaccinating him ;)
Bobby has a pair of very round eyes like 2 green sequins.
Here he is, the wonderful Bobby. Sweet, quiet and well behaved as in "I'm going to keep a low profile and they might keep me", at the same time so friendly.
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538293_10151463727225140_938199273_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/574725_10151469609620140_7851383_n.jpg[/IMG]

hazelrunpack February 26th, 2013 12:21 PM

He seems like a real sweetie!! :lovestruck: Do he and Bobandit get their names mixed up? :D

pattymac February 26th, 2013 01:33 PM

very pretty kitty. They know where they're really wanted!!

Koteburo February 26th, 2013 03:42 PM

Well... Bobandit is in Calgary and Bobby is in Mexico but Bobandit is the reason why Bobby is Bobby :laughing: reminded me of him and all.+
We're hands full with all these rescues plus the 8 regular residents.
Crazy cat people :crazy:

Barkingdog February 26th, 2013 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Koteburo;1054344]My parent's house that I'm visiting is a mega multicat house hold. Some live here permanently, some are carefully re-homed.
Bobby started hanging around outside, hugry, friendly and loving. I left food and water for him outside.
Long story short one morning he came inside and he decided he wanted to live here. He put a little flag with a black paw in it and declared this his home. Funny thing none of the cats reacts violently to him or the other way around.
Later on I found out a woman near here rescued him but since he liked to wander someone called her but she just gave an excuse about the cat not wanting to be there with her. Funny thing he wants to be here and he barely likes going outside, only while I'm outside in the garden... BS
But AT LEAST she had the decency of deworming him and vaccinating him ;)
Bobby has a pair of very round eyes like 2 green sequins.
Here he is, the wonderful Bobby. Sweet, quiet and well behaved as in "I'm going to keep a low profile and they might keep me", at the same time so friendly.
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/538293_10151463727225140_938199273_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/574725_10151469609620140_7851383_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

It is amazing how cats and dogs can tell what house is a safe haven for them. Bobby is cute. when I lived in California with a friend and her kids and my baby when left the back door open as it was so nice out. A small black dog walked into the kitchen walked around the room and found a spot on the floor and laid down then looked up at us as if to say I am home and she was ! We kept her and called her Mama Bear. And after Mama Bear walked into our life second dog came to our apartment . We end up taking in 4 dogs that needed help.

hazelrunpack February 26th, 2013 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=Koteburo;1054366]Well... Bobandit is in Calgary and Bobby is in Mexico but Bobandit is the reason why Bobby is Bobby :laughing: reminded me of him and all.[/QUOTE]

:wall: Yeah, I knew that they weren't together.... *sigh* I'm jus' gettin' old. Those memory cells keep dying on me! :laughing:

Koteburo February 26th, 2013 07:14 PM

hehe the Bobbies! Apart but together in my heart LOL so cheesy, super cheesy but true :laughing:

Mama Bear! That's such a cute name. I know! Doggies also have come right to my door. Gremlin appeared sick right next door, trembling during days that there was no Sun but only rain so we made shelter for him, fed him warm milk (I remember), bread, hot dogs (we weren't prepared and he needed something in his belly). My mom gave him medicine for the fever and after 2 nights he was outside our house... And he never left and we never let him go for like 11 years. He was the smartest dog I've ever met, all he needed was to talk. He was naturally trained, he followed commands, EVERYTHING. He was a stray mutt yet he was so smart he didn't even need training at all.
I loved him so dearly until one son of a /"%·( poisoned him when he was perfectly healthy. If I told you the horrible things that have happened to me due to people poisoning my cats and dogs. Devastating. One can never recover of that. We just keep going but it's irreparable.
Anyway we enjoyed many years of his company at least I have that. And well, that's a doggy that like Mama Bear came right to us.

Barkingdog February 26th, 2013 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=Koteburo;1054384]hehe the Bobbies! Apart but together in my heart LOL so cheesy, super cheesy but true :laughing:

Mama Bear! That's such a cute name. I know! Doggies also have come right to my door. Gremlin appeared sick right next door, trembling during days that there was no Sun but only rain so we made shelter for him, fed him warm milk (I remember), bread, hot dogs (we weren't prepared and he needed something in his belly). My mom gave him medicine for the fever and after 2 nights he was outside our house... And he never left and we never let him go for like 11 years. He was the smartest dog I've ever met, all he needed was to talk. He was naturally trained, he followed commands, EVERYTHING. He was a stray mutt yet he was so smart he didn't even need training at all.
I loved him so dearly until one son of a /"%·( poisoned him when he was perfectly healthy. If I told you the horrible things that have happened to me due to people poisoning my cats and dogs. Devastating. One can never recover of that. We just keep going but it's irreparable.
Anyway we enjoyed many years of his company at least I have that. And well, that's a doggy that like Mama Bear came right to us.[/QUOTE]

That is horrible about your dog getting poisoned! Someone cut Mama Bear and we had bring her to the vet . She had finally gotten healthy and some SOB tried to kill her because she was protecting our house. She was tough little dog and pulled through . My friend and I rescued a St Bernard that lived
across the street from us. The poor dog was a bag of bones and kept tied up outside all day. The owners where trying to made a 'watch dog' out the poor thing. My friend and I could not stand watching the dog be treated that way
so we just when over and took back our apartment and cooked a huge pot of food of the and had to treat one of his paw that had bad cut on it. Once we got the dog feeling better we found St Bernard rescue shelter and they took the dog to find him a good home. The dog owners never came to our place to get their dog back. I do not know why some people bother to get pet !

Koteburo March 8th, 2013 02:47 PM

How sad not being an unusual case.
Gremlin survived a poisoning before the final one before we moved but our kitty cats back then didn't make it. I was in highschool and after they passed one holding him in my arms trying to make him puke... All I could do is come back home for many, many days, go to my room and I would fall asleep all afternoon and I didn't want anything else but being alone, asleep or crying.
Gremlin survived though... And well... :wall:

But going back to Bobby heh he's doing great, sweet, good companion, he has HUGE claws so I think I'm going to have to trim them and he probably needs deworming because he farts a lot :yuck:

To add a brighter note here he is playing with Boris :p
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeyBLtcBy5k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeyBLtcBy5k[/URL]

Longblades March 9th, 2013 07:05 AM

Oh, he's black. My favourite colour. Cats just seem to know, somehow, where to go.

We found a Bobby too. A Manx, possibly purebred according to the Vet, and had all the unique body characteristics. He was grey and after we got to know him, after feeding him outside all winter, we discovered he was neutered and declawed. We found a home for him with a girl we checked out at her previous Vet clinic (I always ask for Vet references) and she changed his name to Stumpy. I think there was somebody named Bob in her family, as there is in ours, but Stumpy, yuck.

I hope your Bobby has a long, happy life with your parents. :) Look at that face. :)

Koteburo March 9th, 2013 05:16 PM

I don't take offense in an animal named like me or after me actually I'd like it. They are noble creatures :lovestruck: but I know lots of peeps don't like it.
So your Bobby found you as well and a fancy Bobby too :O . Our Bobby played the chimes today :p I'll post the vid later :)

Koteburo April 1st, 2013 10:07 PM

Gulp! In about 15 mins I'm going to the vet to pick up Bobby from his neutering surgery.
I've done this many times and I always get worried :o
Male surgery is not as hard as for females though and they recover faster because the procedure is more simple compared to the female spaying.
What scares me really is the anesthesia. I really dislike that thing but it's necessary.
Once one of our females almost died of hypothermia at home after a paw surgery. It was a horrific experience and due to anesthesia.
Anyways... Enough of bad thoughts! Bobby will be fine, happy and strong :p

hazelrunpack April 1st, 2013 11:31 PM

Best wishes for Bobby! Sending some :goodvibes: for a smooth recovery!

Koteburo April 2nd, 2013 12:16 AM

Thanks! He's still quite stunned but responsive at least. I was hoping to get him totally awake but the vet delayed the surgery :wall:
Well... As long as the recovery goes smoothly as expected :lovestruck:
Thanks for the good vibes. We need them :cloud9:

Barkingdog April 2nd, 2013 09:13 AM

How is Bobby feeling now, better I hope?

Koteburo April 2nd, 2013 11:24 AM

Anesthesia was very tough for him. He's still lethargic and he has no interest in drinking or eating. He can walk without stumbling now though.
We had to force some water into him and he has a very bad temper so you can imagine.
We're taking him to the vet in half an hour in case he needs fluids and in case of anything else.
By now he should at least be trying to drink and maybe grabbing a few bites but nothing at all. He did change rooms on his own though but my main concern right now is the lack of water since you're not supposed to feed them since the previous night and he had no water since yesterday morning ... Sigh...
I'll keep you updated.