Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   August challenge - Tails (stumps & nubs allowed) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43080)

rainbow July 30th, 2007 06:26 PM

August challenge - Tails (stumps & nubs allowed)

ONLY 1 1/2 days to think of an idea for August. :eek: Get your thinking caps on. :D

BusterBoo July 30th, 2007 06:52 PM

how about tails???? not sure if that has been done before? :shrug:

clm July 30th, 2007 08:53 PM

Good one for the cats....the keeshond puppies will be a challenge with those curly little piggy tails on their backs. :laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy July 30th, 2007 08:56 PM

Maybe I could try to braid the golden boys 's tails :laughing:

Frenchy July 30th, 2007 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=clm;457874]Good one for the cats....the keeshond puppies will be a challenge with those curly little piggy tails on their backs. :laughing:

Cindy[/QUOTE]

They have piggy tails ? :confused: That's it , you have to post pics of this !

Rottielover July 30th, 2007 09:13 PM

what happens to us non tailed owners :(. what about nubs all sizes

Frenchy July 30th, 2007 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Rottielover;457892]what happens to us non tailed owners :(. what about nubs all sizes[/QUOTE]

I guess we'll get to see Harley's a** :laughing: sorry , I mean bum. :D

BusterBoo July 30th, 2007 09:15 PM

My daughter has a (white) boxer......and Cruiser can make his little stump move a mile a minute! So.....even little stubbies/stumps/nubs should count.

growler~GateKeeper July 31st, 2007 01:47 AM

Tails sound good to me, no matter how long or short. :thumbs up

*off to see if I have any good tail pics* :D

clm July 31st, 2007 06:36 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;457877]They have piggy tails ? :confused: That's it , you have to post pics of this ![/QUOTE]

I'll have to soak their little tails so you can actually see them with out all that puffy fur hiding them. :laughing:
Some kees have very tightly curled tails, Baxters is curled but not super tight, Bentley on the other hand has a really tight curl to his. Getting pics should will be fun. It's a good challenge.

Cindy

rainbow July 31st, 2007 05:49 PM

[QUOTE=growler;457944]

*off to see if I have any good tail pics* :D[/QUOTE]

:eek: :D :laughing:

rainbow July 31st, 2007 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=clm;457969]I'll have to soak their little tails so you can actually see them with out all that puffy fur hiding them. :laughing:
Some kees have very tightly curled tails, Baxters is curled but not super tight, Bentley on the other hand has a really tight curl to his. Getting pics should will be fun. It's a good challenge.

Cindy[/QUOTE]

I love all their puffy fur. :cloud9:

Frenchy July 31st, 2007 09:04 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;458158]I love all their puffy fur. :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Me too but I really want to see the piggy tails ! :laughing:

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2007 10:33 PM

Sigh...we have tails galore here, but the big challenge for ol' hazel is getting into the challenge threads to post--they get so big so fast that her modem melts trying to download them! :eek: Sigh... But she'll :fingerscr and give it the ol' college try! :D

growler~GateKeeper July 31st, 2007 11:00 PM

Hazel :lightbulb: w/all those tails you'll have to try to get them sitting in a circle facing out w/all tails pointing inside the circle

[SIZE="1"]did that make sense to anyone other than me??[/SIZE] :crazy:

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2007 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=growler;458290]Hazel :lightbulb: w/all those tails you'll have to try to get them sitting in a circle facing out w/all tails pointing inside the circle

[SIZE="1"]did that make sense to anyone other than me??[/SIZE] :crazy:[/QUOTE]

Oh, ya, growler...like I'm gonna get them to sit quietly in a circle facing [I]any[/I] way! :laughing: You have overestimated the amount of training they have by about 6 dogs in a circle (I think I can manage [I]one[/I] dog sitting with his or her tail pointing...uh...to the center point of an imagined circle of setters :laughing:)

[SIZE="1"]does that make sense to [I]anyone[/I]...even to hazel???? :crazy: [/SIZE]

growler~GateKeeper July 31st, 2007 11:14 PM

but it would make a cute pic. :D

I'm sure you would have no problem finding *cookie holding* volunteers here to help w/sitting doggies :D

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2007 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=growler;458298]but it would make a cute pic. :D

I'm sure you would have no problem finding *cookie holding* volunteers here to help w/sitting doggies :D[/QUOTE]

Sigh...yeah, but you're all so far away! Around here, I can't even get anyone to approach the fence, much less come in and hold food close to the kyootles! :o

OC_Spirit August 2nd, 2007 10:43 AM

Oh if we do tails I have the most perfect picture!!!

Ford Girl August 2nd, 2007 01:45 PM

Dazy's tail still has a kink in it from her swimmers tail incindent, it may never be the same!!! LOL! But she sure does like to wag it, is this what it is for Aug..tails? Let me know and I will arrange a photo shoot, I'll have to book an appointment, she's very busy :laughing: :laughing: .

marko August 2nd, 2007 01:57 PM

Okay then! sounds good to me...going to change the threadtitle.

Let the posting begin:D

Thanks!

Marko

Rick C August 2nd, 2007 02:11 PM

One genuine Golden Retriever tail attached to a "rootin' around in the ditch" dog.

[IMG]http://www.goldentales.ca/P1130069_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]

Rick C
[url]www.goldentales.ca[/url]

Ford Girl August 2nd, 2007 02:26 PM

[QUOTE=Rick C;458904]One genuine Golden Retriever tail attached to a "rootin' around in the ditch" dog.

[IMG]http://www.goldentales.ca/P1130069_edited-1.jpg[/IMG]

Rick C
[url]www.goldentales.ca[/url][/QUOTE]

Oh, golden tails are the best (IMO hahah)...I hope Dazy's looks like that again some day! They told me to shave it to avoid swimmers tail. :sad: BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BusterBoo August 2nd, 2007 02:43 PM

Beautiful picture!!! and considering it is 42C today, that snow looks great too!!!

Rick C August 2nd, 2007 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=HarleyBuster;458913]Beautiful picture!!! and considering it is 42C today, that snow looks great too!!![/QUOTE]

You want to know what's strange about that picture? The horizon is actually straight.

A combination of various slopes angling in different directions and the fact the mountains are further away on the right than they are on the left PLUS the curve of the earth given the distances involved . . . . leaves a different impression on the eye.

And then there's the tail . . .

Rick C
[url]www.goldentales.ca[/url]

rainbow August 2nd, 2007 06:41 PM

Rick, I love the "butt in the air" tail pic. :lovestruck:

marko August 2nd, 2007 07:37 PM

Gorgeous as always Rick!
Mine to come this weekend...gotta get Ziglet outside for a good tail shot.

glasslass August 2nd, 2007 08:03 PM

Beautiful tail! The angle of the shot really shows it off with the gold & white separation of color. Glad you didn't shoot it from the rear! All we would see would be the cascade.

marko August 5th, 2007 10:59 AM

Ziglet's tail

3 Attachment(s)
Took these yesterday while l'il Ziggy was sniffin' around the backyard.

Where's everyone else's shots? :shrug:
Doesn't anyone else have fur kids with sweet tails? :sad:
We changed the title...nubs are allowed. :p

marko August 5th, 2007 11:00 AM

One more from Ziglet

1 Attachment(s)
What I little shedder he is...you can see some stray hairs....:D

Btw - we hate weeding as you can see. Everything natural :laughing: