Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dog in cage drowns after dumped into lake (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6317)

Shae August 12th, 2004 01:08 AM

Dog in cage drowns after dumped into lake

[url]http://www.nbc6.net/news/3644714/detail.html[/url]

MBRA518 August 12th, 2004 05:12 AM

OMG that's horrible - the part about him fighting to the end just about make me cry.

Hopefully something good will come of it and some person will feel sorry for one of these dogs and take them into a loving home after reading this.

sammiec August 12th, 2004 08:11 AM

WTF?!?! What the heck goes through the minds of these people!! :mad: That poor poor dog!! :( People don't understand or don't care that these animals have feelings and hearts (of gold). All they want to do is love and be cuddled and people throw them away like trash. Karma will get them...

Cinnabear August 12th, 2004 09:35 AM

:mad: This just turns my stomach. Poor dog. Now that is just too cruel. I hope they catch the person/persons.

meggie1425 August 12th, 2004 11:02 AM

Thats horrible!! :mad: It makes me mad how cruel people can be (espesially to helpless animals)! Hopefully they will find out who did this and give them the punishment they deserve!

heidiho August 12th, 2004 11:10 AM

OH my god,how could you,what a horrrible way to die.......People make me sick..........

Cactus Flower August 12th, 2004 11:18 AM

I passed over that post a dozen times. Promised myself I wouldn't read it.

The title was enough to devastate me, and your responses say it all.

Lump in throat here.

Babs August 12th, 2004 11:25 AM

Disgusting. I hope the poor thing had a microchip, and that criminal charges are laid to the registered owner.

coonlover August 12th, 2004 11:33 AM

poor soul

How could anyone be so cruel? I wasnt going to read it because these stories about cruelty can be soooooo upsetting. I just cant imagine how someone can be so heartless and mean. The part about having his teeth still clamped on the cage was heartbreaking. Poor soul didnt have a chance. He was probably thinking what did I do to deserve this...and I'm sure he did nothing. :( This makes me very sad.

Shae August 12th, 2004 12:27 PM

Babs...I doubt the animalwas microchipped. Why would the "owner" bother? If this is how he or she treated this poor creature....I can only imagine what his life was like when he was alive. OR....who knows, this could be some wacko who gets off on torturing random animals. I have many cases such as this on the animal rights discussion website I moderate. In fact, I have slowed down with my articles there as there are way too many and in turn so depressing and heartbreaking. It's never ending. It amazes me what human beings are capable of.

Sneaky2006 August 12th, 2004 01:27 PM

I can't read it either :(

Luba August 12th, 2004 01:57 PM

I didn't read it, the title suggests it all :(

Bugger heads (thats as bad as I can say w/o getting banned) though in my mind you know I think so much more!

TalonsMa August 12th, 2004 02:06 PM

omg...I have tears in my eyes right now :( How can people be so cruel...that poor dog :mad:

glasslass August 12th, 2004 03:02 PM

When you see what people do to their own children, it's not a big surprise what they do to animals. I'll never understand it! Never! Never! Never!

Again,

There is an old Indian legend that when you die, you must cross over the Rainbow Bridge into Heaven. All the animals you have encountered during your lifetime are there and it is the animals who decide who gets to cross the bridge.

I hope it's true!!!!!

chico2 August 12th, 2004 04:11 PM

I too did not read it,I try to stay away from things I can do nothing about,it's just frustrating and upsetting.
Now,if I knew who this person was,I would spend the rest of my life in jail :mad:
Hopefully there will one day be justice for all these poor tortured animals,I wish the owners all the bad things that could ever happen to them.

Terrie August 12th, 2004 05:30 PM

I feel the punishment should fit the crime.. only problem is, this person if caught will be slapped on the wrist and sent home..
My heart cries so much when I hear stories like this.. recently in the U.S.A. with the heat being in the triple digits, a dog tied to a post was barking ( he was without water or food) his owner wanted him dead, took some duck tape and wrapped his muzzle with it... he only got 6 months and community service .
Those two puppies are now in heaven romping happy with other puppy angels...
If only there was justice...

Writing4Fun August 12th, 2004 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=glasslass]When you see what people do to their own children, it's not a big surprise what they do to animals. I'll never understand it! Never! Never! Never!

Again,

There is an old Indian legend that when you die, you must cross over the Rainbow Bridge into Heaven. All the animals you have encountered during your lifetime are there and it is the animals who decide who gets to cross the bridge.

I hope it's true!!!!![/QUOTE]

Another sad thing is that studies have proven that people who mistreat animals like this are most often child and spouse abusers as well. If the authorities would realize this and increase the punishment for these types of crimes (i.e. throw this guy in jail for a loooong time), they'd probably be saving his kids and spouse a lot of grief as well (and possibly their lives!).

I've heard of the Rainbow Bridge, but I never knew the legend behind it. Here's praying it's true!!