Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rain rain go away... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84178)

CsqU4r3d June 20th, 2013 05:46 PM

Rain rain go away...

1 Attachment(s)
We want to go for a walk today

hazelrunpack June 20th, 2013 06:22 PM

Awww...rain is just no fun!!! Makes for a very cute pic, though!

Longblades June 20th, 2013 06:58 PM

LOL Cute photo.

My dog wants to know why your dogs can't go for a walk in the rain? :)

CsqU4r3d June 20th, 2013 07:11 PM

Yes rain is no fun....we have flooding and evacuations in many small towns and communities around Calgary and most of southern Alberta. The number No. 1 highway (our main trans Canada Highway) is washed out and closed in both directions about 50 miles west of Calgary...several low lying communities here in the city are now under mandatory evacuation orders. They are saying it will be worse than the floods we saw back in'05. I am thankful I live on high ground in an old neighbourhood built back when they knew how to build water drainage systems, In the 33 years I have been here we have only had water in the basement once, and that was after about 3 weeks of almost constant rain. I am sure the pups don't mind the rain they have been in and out all day, tracking mud and smelling like...well wet dogs!! Mom refuses to budge (Wuss!!):laughing::crazy:

pattymac June 20th, 2013 07:16 PM

Glad you're safe and on high ground!! Nice pic too!

Longblades June 20th, 2013 07:23 PM

Oh my gosh, I saw the flooding in Alberta on the news tonight, it's terrible. One video clip looked so much like one a few nights ago from India. And sounds like lots more rain to come.

Yeah, there's rain and then there is torrential downpour with dangerous conditions. We like a walk in the rain but in that? No way. Glad you are on high ground. Not High River. Our relatives moved to and from High River some years ago. Never occurred to me to wonder how that town got it's name before.

CsqU4r3d June 20th, 2013 08:01 PM

It is truly awesome what Mother Nature can get accomplished in less than 24 hours! We are only getting scattered showers now. But all that water that fell in the mountains plus the spring run-off is headed downstream straight to us. Alot of these rivers have not even crested yet. It is going to be an eventful next few days here in southern Alberta! :fingerscr:confused::ca:

hazelrunpack June 21st, 2013 08:19 AM

Stay safe, Cheryl! The pics coming out of the Calgary area are pretty scary.

I'm getting sick of rain, too--we've had another inch already this morning and we were already about 10 inches above normal for the year. :frustrated:

Jull June 21st, 2013 09:08 AM

Yesterday when I got home, in order for Bestia to go out and pee I had to kneel down a bit and follow him around with an umbrella :frustrated:

I hope this storm is now gone... this has certainly been an unusual year for us has in it? I think mother nature is getting pretty tired of everything we have done to her.