Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Foxy pics! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83666)

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:46 AM

Foxy pics!

3 Attachment(s)
Foxy pictures invasion! :D I hope you all enjoy these pictures of our babies. And sorry in advance for the overload of pictures!

The silver fox is Kai, the platinum fox is Tippy (grey and white in tuxedo markings), the Arctic fox in summer coat is Vixey and the marble fox is Kira (white with black back)... the other marble is her brother.

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kai as a baby (silver foxes are completely black when full born, the silver shades appear when they reach 3-4 months old and lighten up as the fox ages)

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Potato fox on the couch and dancing-with-the-dog fox :laughing:

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I love Kai's eyes :)

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
How pretty is Kira!

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:57 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Official appearance of Tippy the Platinum fox (vulpes vulpes specie)

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 02:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kai looked so ugly as a preteen... haha

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 03:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Vixey again! and look at Kai sleeping with Kira, aw.

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 03:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And here I'll stop (for the moment!) hehe

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
one last time.. potato Kai

Goldfields March 23rd, 2013 07:54 AM

My mind is so conditioned to looking at dog photo's that the first photo I glanced at(not necessarily the first you put up) made me think what a different looking dog. LOL. Aren't the brushes on their tails fabulous? While Kai has a very sweet expression and startling color, my favorite might be Tippy. Are they an animal that enjoys cuddling, or very aloof?

Dog Dancer March 23rd, 2013 10:05 AM

Very cute!

marko March 23rd, 2013 10:48 AM

Wow thanks for that pic explosion! :highfive:
Very cool eyes and masking pattern they have - so exotic looking.

Barkingdog March 23rd, 2013 12:02 PM

Some of the foxes that are in cages looks very trapped ard frighten. I feel real bad for all of the foxes . They belong out in the wild being wild animals not some lap dog!

Luccistar March 23rd, 2013 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;1055582]My mind is so conditioned to looking at dog photo's that the first photo I glanced at(not necessarily the first you put up) made me think what a different looking dog. LOL. Aren't the brushes on their tails fabulous? While Kai has a very sweet expression and startling color, my favorite might be Tippy. Are they an animal that enjoys cuddling, or very aloof?[/QUOTE]
Goldfields, I absolutely adore their white tip-of-tails too! It makes them stand out in my opinion. Foxes are somewhere between cats and dogs; while they're not as cuddly and affectionate as dogs, they're far from being as aloof as most cats are (I own both cats and dogs too, so I'm speaking by personal experiences). Foxes do like to cuddle, and often climb on you and gently nip your fingers to play! When you come home, a fox will be so excited it will start screaming of happiness, wag its tail like crazy and jump on you! However, once they calm down, they mind their own business (pretty much like cats) but they will come to you for a play if you call them! :) The relationship you can have with a fox is very different from a cat/human or dog/human relationship.

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1055602]Some of the foxes that are in cages looks very trapped and frighten. I feel real bad for all of the foxes . They belong out in the wild being wild animals not some lap dog![/QUOTE]
Those foxes were all meant to be killed in fur farms if it weren't for us. Would you rather see them be electrocuted and then skinned, or as someone's spoiled, beloved and respected four-legged companion? Plus, I don't see where they look trapped or frighten. None of them are in cages. Where do you see a cage? These foxes seek human attention, they're far from being wild and would not survive too long if they were dumped out in the forest.

Jim Hall March 23rd, 2013 08:43 PM

ahh i see so they are basically domesticated

Loki Love March 23rd, 2013 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=Luccistar;1055611]Those foxes were all meant to be killed in fur farms if it weren't for us. Would you rather see them be electrocuted and then skinned, or as someone's spoiled, beloved and respected four-legged companion? Plus, I don't see where they look trapped or frighten. None of them are in cages. Where do you see a cage? These foxes seek human attention, they're far from being wild and would not survive too long if they were dumped out in the forest.[/QUOTE]

I think I'd rather see them in some kind of animal sanctuary rather than trying to be someone's pet.. but that's just me :)

pbpatti March 23rd, 2013 10:54 PM

Would you be interested in telling us the story behind you rescuing these beautiful foxes? I also don't believe that an animal that is normally wild being domesticated but there is always a story that may need to be told. I am always open to new ideas.

Barkingdog March 24th, 2013 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=Loki Love;1055613]I think I'd rather see them in some kind of animal sanctuary rather than trying to be someone's pet.. but that's just me :)[/QUOTE]

I would go along with that as long as the sanctuary was not man made with fake trees etc.