Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Wildlife - squrriels, raccoons, skunks, opossums, groundhogs, etc. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   My husband has a new girlfriend ... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77651)

Claudia36oh June 27th, 2011 10:56 PM

My husband has a new girlfriend ...

3 Attachment(s)
lol...this doe, he calls her Bambie is without fail coming to my house every day, she peeks her head and big ears over the hill, looking in the window at hubby:laughing:, he spoiled her with food.

Sadie don't like her at all, guess she is jealous her daddy is feeding another girl, I know she has a fawn or two just right below in the woods, can't wait to see the little one/s

Claudia36oh June 27th, 2011 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One more

hazelrunpack June 27th, 2011 11:02 PM

She's looking mighty sleek and purrddy! Ours have finally shed their winter shag and are in their summer shine, too. :D

So what does your hubby feed her besides your bushes? :o :laughing:

Claudia36oh June 27th, 2011 11:09 PM

Oats, Apples, Corn, sometimes just plain bread she likes about anything:laughing:

Can you see in the third picture, there is a piece of bread flying..lol

hazelrunpack June 27th, 2011 11:16 PM

[QUOTE=Claudia36oh;1015713]Can you see in the third picture, there is a piece of bread flying..lol[/QUOTE]

:laughing: I wondered what that was! I figured it was just an odd glare from the camera. Didn't register it as a slice of bread till you mentioned it! :laughing: Too funny, Claudia!

Claudia36oh June 28th, 2011 12:40 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1015715]:laughing: I wondered what that was! I figured it was just an odd glare from the camera. Didn't register it as a slice of bread till you mentioned it! :laughing: Too funny, Claudia![/QUOTE]

I know I was laughing too...didn't know I caught the bread in flight :laughing:

Claudia36oh July 11th, 2011 12:48 AM

I seen her babies tonight and my camera was out of power..she has twins, they are too cute, will try to get a picture tomorrow :thumbs up

hazelrunpack July 11th, 2011 12:11 PM

Seems like a good year for the deer--I've been seeing a lot of twins!

Claudia36oh July 13th, 2011 11:24 PM

She has changed her times she comes..lol, now she brings her twins and they are sooooo cute to watch, still have not got a good picture of all of them, something always makes them run, my dogs :frustrated:, a car, somebody walking....I will succeed soon :D

hazelrunpack July 13th, 2011 11:44 PM

I hope so :fingerscr I wanna see the wee lil ones! :flirt: :D

Claudia36oh July 14th, 2011 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1017729]I hope so :fingerscr I wanna see the wee lil ones! :flirt: :D[/QUOTE]

I will get a picture...I promise...lol, she was out there tonight at 10 pm, well it's very dark out Bambi, how can I get you and those precious babies on a picture, please come in the morning:laughing:

Claudia36oh August 1st, 2011 12:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry took a while to get a picture of all of them, here they are...mom and twins

growler~GateKeeper August 1st, 2011 01:10 AM

How adorable :cloud9: Looks like one of them got scraped on a fence or something

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2011 08:21 AM

They're beautiful! :flirt: Scrapes and all. :D

What delightful neighbors you have, Claudia. :thumbs up Thx for sharing them!

We saw one of the local does grazing in the long grass out in front last night but she appeared to be fawnless. :shrug:

mikischo August 2nd, 2011 07:59 AM

Awe, those babies are just absolutely adorable!:lovestruck:

Glad you could get the pics.:thumbs up

marko August 2nd, 2011 08:37 AM

Wow so cute :)
- the fact that i so rarely get to see scenes like these is truly one of the cons of living in a large city. You are lucky!

Claudia36oh August 2nd, 2011 06:49 PM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1019628]How adorable :cloud9: Looks like one of them got scraped on a fence or something[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too, looks like it is healed what ever it was, I love to watch them play, there is actually another doe and one much smaller fawn that come too now, we must be popular...lol

growler~GateKeeper August 2nd, 2011 11:00 PM

They know who in the 'hood has the good stuff to munch on :D

Claudia36oh August 2nd, 2011 11:49 PM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1019847]They know who in the 'hood has the good stuff to munch on :D[/QUOTE]

yes they do, the one doe came up so close tonight I could almost pet her, they are getting very tame and don't care about the dogs in the window.

I probably have a heart attack if I get to actually pet one :laughing:

pattymac August 21st, 2011 01:12 AM

Nice pics!! Deer and Pronghorns are everywhere here! They don't seem to be too worried about people. The pronghorns graze on the hillsides, with people walking by, cars, bikes etc. One good thing with all the wildlife around, people don't drive very fast here!!

chico2 August 21st, 2011 09:11 AM

Absolutely beautiful:cloud9:
Whenever I see Deer,I think of hunters,i hope these beautiful little fawns will get a chance to mature:pray:

renegaderuby August 27th, 2011 06:17 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful. If you have some oatmeal flakes....you can give them those too..THEY LOVE THEM.
We had a fawn get abandoned somehow come into where I worked a few years back...she was very sweet...followed you like a puppy would. she loved apples, and oatmeal flakes the best. We also once gave her a orange slice...she looked up like..what is this...licked it , then went back to the oatmeal flakes.
Very happy that you are able to witness these gentle , beautiful creatures UP CLOSE.

PS: my husband says she is an older doe, at least five or six. She's long in the head, and the white around her face is how he can tell. she's an experienced mama, so she must REALLY trust you to bring her babies with her.

Claudia36oh September 5th, 2011 11:45 PM

[QUOTE=renegaderuby;1022414]Beautiful, just beautiful. If you have some oatmeal flakes....you can give them those too..THEY LOVE THEM.
We had a fawn get abandoned somehow come into where I worked a few years back...she was very sweet...followed you like a puppy would. she loved apples, and oatmeal flakes the best. We also once gave her a orange slice...she looked up like..what is this...licked it , then went back to the oatmeal flakes.
Very happy that you are able to witness these gentle , beautiful creatures UP CLOSE.

PS: my husband says she is an older doe, at least five or six. She's long in the head, and the white around her face is how he can tell. she's an experienced mama, so she must REALLY trust you to bring her babies with her.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I can accually hand feed them now, yes they still come and the fawns are getting big, noticed today they are starting to loose their dots, fading away :shrug:

Claudia36oh September 5th, 2011 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;1021661]Absolutely beautiful:cloud9:
Whenever I see Deer,I think of hunters,i hope these beautiful little fawns will get a chance to mature:pray:[/QUOTE]

Those little ones have nothing to worry about here, we are still considered in the city, so they can't touch them:thumbs up

renegaderuby September 7th, 2011 02:40 PM

Yes, they are losing spots, due to getting older. Its actually a good sign though. There are some people that argue getting them to trust you, and eat from your hand is "bad" that it tames them TOO much. But I'm on the fence about that. I think as long as they are not being "dependant" on you, and still forage in the wild, and go do "natural things'...its not a big deal.

Larimar October 6th, 2012 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=renegaderuby;1023408]Yes, they are losing spots, due to getting older. Its actually a good sign though. There are some people that argue getting them to trust you, and eat from your hand is "bad" that it tames them TOO much. But I'm on the fence about that. I think as long as they are not being "dependant" on you, and still forage in the wild, and go do "natural things'...its not a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I think they are absolutely beautiful creatures, and I think it is wonderful to see them so up close. As a wildlife photographer I spend hours patiently waiting for the right moment. I will add, at no harm meant to anyone, that baiting animals (feeding them) is harmful, not just because they grow to like humans, but because the population spikes and gives the go ahead for culling. When people increase food, they increase population where the wild resources really can't handle it..and so the hunters take over and end up killing the wild "pets" we loved so much. In truth, all animals will control their own populations but with human interference it is a vicious cycle. Feeding also disrupts their migration into natural Yarding areas for the winter, which are much more important for their survival than most people realize. A good idea for those who want to attract deer without leaving food on the ground for them, plant the vegetation that will attract them. Can do the same with birds, by planting certain flowers that attract certain species. :) Beautiful photos and I hope they all live happily, long lives :)

Sylvie October 7th, 2012 11:08 AM

Great pictures

Although there are plenty of deer around here, I hardly ever see any. There is no hunting here but I still hear the gun shots. :cry: Does not make me happy.

Larimar October 7th, 2012 12:20 PM

Sylvie, yikes. I hate poachers. In my area a lot of the people who work to stop that sort of thing, well, their jobs were all cut and I find it so sad. I have to believe in karma...

Yella September 18th, 2019 05:25 AM

How beautiful she is!