Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Go Flames! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4449)

Bill & Bob May 20th, 2004 01:10 PM

Go Flames!

So, for you Albertans out there (and you and I both know who you are!), congrats from Lotusland. You kicked our butts out of the playoffs, but this is the first time a Canadian team has been in the playoffs since Van's run in 1994! So, you get my cheers for the rest of the run! GO FLAMES!

One thing I will say is that you've got one of the classiest captains in the NHL. Iginla's a pretty young guy, but I'm always impressed by his poise and demeanor.

I think it's great that they are using Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire as a celebration song. Love the man in black. Every time I hear that song "hurt" it almost brings a tear to my eye.

chico2 May 20th, 2004 03:58 PM

I agree Billy-Bob,Go Flames Go!!! Although a"never give up hope,year after year"Leaf Fan,I am proud of the one Canadian team making it this far.
Let's just hope Tampa Bay has enough strength to finish the nasty Flyers!!

Bill & Bob May 20th, 2004 05:47 PM

Strictly for financial reasons, I'm hoping that Philly beats the Lightning. Although a CAL/PHI cup series would be amazing to watch. Both physical teams with strong work ethic.

Catt31 May 21st, 2004 08:24 AM

WHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! This city is on fire!!! It is unbelievable the fan support and craze that is going on!! The news hardly shows a 1/4 of it!! About every 3rd car has at least 1 Flames flag on it, almost EVERY house has a poster or something in its window, and people NEVER take their jerseys off!! Gross I know!! I finally had to tell 2 of my students to wash their jerseys before they wear them again!!! :eek:

And of course you've all probably heard about the RED MILE, or booby mile as it is more affectionately called!!! LOL (they don't show THAT on the news!!)

Iginla is amazing!! I'm thoroughly impressed with the entire team!! Kipper is so focused and driven I'm amazed that he lets anything get in his net!! Craig Conroy is my fave!! He is up and coming and a very very good little player!! I just heard he made it on the team for the world cup!!! Whooo hoooo!!!!

Anyways, its nice to see the whole country supporting us!! Will be an INTENSE series especially if Philly makes it!! Cheer loud for our boys in red!!! :D

Bill & Bob May 21st, 2004 12:45 PM

I heard about the 'booby mile' thing the other day. Some guy on the Canucks message board got banned for posting pics. Very funny. I also heard that the Calgary message board had to be shut down for a while because people were posting.

Go Mardi Gras!

chico2 May 23rd, 2004 07:35 AM

Yeah!!!!!The Flyers are done,cooked,finished :D :D
Go Calgary Go bring the cup home!!!!