Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hi all (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12332)

BigDogLover February 19th, 2005 01:20 PM

Hi all

Hi,

My name is Dar(short for Darcy) and my love for animals attracted me to this wonderful haven for discussion. On most days you'll find me arguing on the Mensa site or some other IQ club(I think I appreciate this one most). I may appear stoic and pompous at times, but I really don't mean it, it's just part of my nature. With proper nurturing from my new found pals in the pound I'm sure this beast will be tamed.

Woof Woof,
Dar.

Tobias the wonderdog

twodogsandacat February 19th, 2005 03:03 PM

Welcome Dar

1 Attachment(s)
Well we aren't all Mensa members and sometimes we don't seem to care to much about spelling but that don't matter none. Welcome. Here's a recent family photo.

BigDogLover February 19th, 2005 03:12 PM

*smiles* Nice picture, can't wait for the baby pics. Would that be Dalton or Google that you are holding?

Dar.

twodogsandacat February 19th, 2005 03:46 PM

Neither. I just thought I couldn't waste this picture. It was originally titled 'Alabama Wedding Photo'. Funny if you don't live in Alabama.

Then again it's probably better than a real photo of me.

Bugsy February 19th, 2005 03:49 PM

Omg.. lmao :D Score: 2 for Twodogsandacat! What a great window for that shot :thumbs up

Welcome to the board bigdoglover :p

lezzpezz February 19th, 2005 03:51 PM

Hi all

Oh thank heavens! I was sitting here absolutely flabbergasted by this picture and trying to think of something positive to say about the "lovely" couple without offending anybody! I am so glad it's not you and your "billybob" and now I can laugh outloud! Too funny! And on the other hand, a very sad statement, right down to the ciggy in the pregnant bride's hand :p

Bugsy February 19th, 2005 04:06 PM

Twdogsandacat

I forgot about this email... until now! See what happens when you open a window! :D

[url]http://www.lilligren.com/Redneck/[/url]

twodogsandacat February 19th, 2005 06:02 PM

But what if it was me and Dalton and my lovely bride\sister?

Thanks for holding back LeezerPeezer and thanks for that link Bugsy.

Having just got back from Georgia I recognize a few of those boys (not the relatives BTW). I will tell you though some of them have hearts as big as the sky. Of course I didn't understand half of what they said so maybe they weren't that nice after all. Still they talk purty.

TWilson9498 February 19th, 2005 06:11 PM

Although I AM from Alabama... I can say it is a fitting picture for the half of Alabama who live down long dark scary dirt roads, marry their cousins, ect.... It reminds me of a few people I have seen walking down the interstate around here... Pretty scary! ;)

CyberKitten February 19th, 2005 06:41 PM

Although I do have a great sense of humour (I think, haha), I think we'd probably remind ourselves that there are people with problems such as those expressed in the photo - poverty for one - in every jurisdiction in North America.

It reminds me though of the many people who have pets and claim financial problems as a reason for not neutering or spaying them.

Welcome Darcy or Dar!

BigDogLover February 20th, 2005 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=CyberKitten]Although I do have a great sense of humour (I think, haha), I think we'd probably remind ourselves that there are people with problems such as those expressed in the photo - poverty for one - in every jurisdiction in North America.

Welcome Darcy or Dar![/QUOTE]

Yes there are people like this, fortunately though, Jerry and Maury are providing a joint effort in preserving the redneck way.

Thanks for the warm welcome,
Dar.

chico2 February 20th, 2005 08:46 AM

TDAC,Oh boy....I'm glad it's not you in the picture,I was stumped for anything good to say :evil: The Rottie is nice though!![img]http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage13/18.gif[/img]

TobsterMom February 20th, 2005 10:48 AM

My Golden is named Tobias! I like you already!

BigDogLover February 20th, 2005 11:02 AM

Thanks tobster, you may be the only one who likes me! lol.

Dar.

twodogsandacat February 20th, 2005 11:32 AM

So far so good...

[QUOTE=BigDogLover]Thanks tobster, you may be the only one who likes me! lol. Dar.[/QUOTE]

Make that two for now.

BigDogLover February 20th, 2005 11:45 AM

*smiles* Thank you.

This is Bowtie:

glasslass February 20th, 2005 07:25 PM

Bowtie is verrrry classy!

BigDogLover February 20th, 2005 07:32 PM

He's always crashed out between Mommy and Daddy, he also thinks the kids are his sibs. El Gato está loco.

Dar.

chico2 February 20th, 2005 07:50 PM

Bowtie is a beautiful kitty,no wonder he thinks he's very special and they are all a little loco at times :crazy:

Copper'sMom February 20th, 2005 07:57 PM

Welcome to the board Darcy!! :crazy:

twodogsandacat--that pic is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDogLover February 20th, 2005 08:04 PM

Thank you Copper's mom and Chico2.

The fatter of the two black and tan is my baby.
Dar.

The babies.

ScottGoodburn February 20th, 2005 08:16 PM

welcome

Welcome guys, have fun

Karin February 20th, 2005 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=BigDogLover]Hi,

My name is Dar(short for Darcy) and my love for animals attracted me to this wonderful haven for discussion. On most days you'll find me arguing on the Mensa site or some other IQ club(I think I appreciate this one most). I may appear stoic and pompous at times, but I really don't mean it, it's just part of my nature. With proper nurturing from my new found pals in the pound I'm sure this beast will be tamed.

Woof Woof,
Dar.

Tobias the wonderdog[/QUOTE]

Mensa my [i]posterior[/i]!

People who brag about having something, rarely do "have it". People who indeed "have it"..do not advertise.

My brother, Dan, was once a member of mensa. He quit because they bored him to death. I do not understand his intellect but I do know how lonely he is, we were raised together afterall. I also know he is far to busy (and it would bore him more..) to be on a webboard.

Being smart as he is...he has to keep busy.

Iggette February 21st, 2005 05:22 AM

Hey, Darcy Welcome aboard :crazy:

Nice pup pic :)

Carina February 21st, 2005 08:02 PM

[QUOTE=BigDogLover][url]www.epiq.gr[/url] We not only meet Mensan status, we surpass it.
QUOTE]

Nobody is impressed, or even cares. :)
Do tell about your impending puppy! I asked on the designer breeds thread. I have a friend here who pretty much knows the whole CN Dobie scene. What kennel is your little one out of?

happycats February 21st, 2005 08:37 PM

What are those things around thier tails ? :eek: (picture of puppies)

Carina February 21st, 2005 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=happycats]What are those things around thier tails ? :eek: (picture of puppies)[/QUOTE]

Dar took the pictures away! :(
Darn. Taking your toys and going home?

happycats February 21st, 2005 08:51 PM

AWWW Carina did you scare bigdoglover away ??

glasslass February 21st, 2005 08:59 PM

I took another look at the picture before it was removed. Looked like rubber bands? I know they do that to sheep, but not puppies! What breeder does this? :confused:

Jackie467 February 21st, 2005 09:17 PM

glasslass, i never saw the pictures but what i understand is they were dobies correct? (not that it matters what kind of dog) I have heard of breeders banding dogs tails instead of having the surgury but in my oppinion and it's only my oppinion i think this is increadibly crule and it often takes days for the tails to fall off. a dobie (or any dog for that matter) should have it's tail docked surgically at about 3 days old before there is feeling in it. if done after this point it is really painful for the dog. and if you band the tails it is very easy for them to become infected. this practice makes me irate :mad: .