Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Meg if you're lurking or anyone else (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63942)

aslan July 7th, 2009 09:49 AM

Meg if you're lurking or anyone else

Hey guys, My sisters cat Lucy, maybe five years old is sick. Before anyone ask's she is on the way to the vet right now. About a week ago Lucy off and on started drooling, then she added in this odd position like she was trying to poo. Suddenly yesterday she started having seizures. She as of late lastnight has been having seizures one after the other. She is an indoor cat, no rodent poison down. I cleaned the carpets about a month ago and my sis again on the weekend. We both have read the label for safety. No change in the kitty litter. I have done work there lately but only paint and plaster used. My sister is in a mess worrying because of how quickly it set in that it's a tumor. I'm hoping for epilepsy. Any other idea's would be greatly appreciated. Meg if you're lurking, how quick did Peaches epilepsy set in.

aslan July 7th, 2009 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oh this is lucy

hazelrunpack July 7th, 2009 10:07 AM

She's a beautiful girl! I hope she's better soon :grouphug:

When will your sister be back with an update?

Dog Dancer July 7th, 2009 10:08 AM

Aslan, Lucy is beautiful. I sure hope she is okay and that whatever is ailing her is easily treatable. :pray: Get better quickly Lucy.

aslan July 7th, 2009 10:11 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;797876]She's a beautiful girl! I hope she's better soon :grouphug:

When will your sister be back with an update?[/QUOTE]

she is kinda cute eh...

the appt was for 11:30 but sis was taking her when i was on the phone with her. Hoping they would take her immediately seeing the seizures. I offered to walk down and meet her there, but that seemed to upset her more. She says its like one side is paralyzed durring the seizure and the other is paddling away. I think she's thinking the worste right now.

Mat&Murph July 7th, 2009 10:11 AM

Awww :goodvibes: for Lucy!!! She is adorable

Love4himies July 7th, 2009 10:20 AM

:pray: for Lucy, she is beautiful. :lovestruck:

Winston July 7th, 2009 11:05 AM

Aslan has this happened more than once? If not I am wondering if she could have chewed on a cord and got some kind of a shock? other than something she has gotten into I can only think of epilepsy..From what I have heard it is controllable and Meg has done a great job with Peaches!!

Good Luck...Hugs for Lucy!

ancientgirl July 7th, 2009 12:32 PM

I hate to suggest this, but could she have had a stroke? I hope not. She's a little beauty.

krdahmer July 7th, 2009 01:37 PM

:pray::goodvibes: for Lucy and your sister.

aslan July 7th, 2009 02:46 PM

Ok the update... I did walk down to meet my sister just as she was leaving the vets. She was on her way to the emergency clinic in Oakville. Lucy is being kept there for a couple days, they have her hooked up to an iv, and cathater(sp) they've taken blood and given her phenebarbatol. Now we just wait. I got to see the actual seizures, poor baby.

Winston, it seemed to progress over the last few days, she went from being aloof to being super cuddle kitty. Drooling badly, then the seizures started. The vet did some neurological tests and said she's still in there so hopefully not alot of damage is done. Next will be a cat scan, no pun intended.

Mat&Murph July 7th, 2009 03:50 PM

Do they know when tests results come back???? :grouphug: to sis and :goodvibes for Lucy

aslan July 7th, 2009 04:14 PM

i think they said tomorrow, hard to hear with sis asking me what she should do. definately heard chaching alot. $270 to see the neurologist, iv and blood. $400. a day to stay there, if she needs MRI another $2500. Playing it by ear. I told her i'd help no matter what she decides.

chico2 July 7th, 2009 04:32 PM

Aslan,:grouphug:to your sister,I know she must be worried sick:sad:
Talking from experience with my son,drooling was often telling me a seizure was coming.
Lucy is a beautiful kitty,hopefully it's nothing worse than epilepsy,it's bad enough,but can be controlled and she's just a baby at 5 yrs old,Peaches beeing a great example:cat::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:for Lucy and your sister:pray:

breeze July 7th, 2009 05:21 PM

:goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes: for lucy get better little one.

and :grouphug::grouphug: for your sister

Love4himies July 7th, 2009 05:48 PM

Thanks for the update, aslan.

Sending some :goodvibes: :goodvibes: and some more for good measure :goodvibes: for Lucy.

:grouphug: for your sister and her family.

ancientgirl July 7th, 2009 05:51 PM

Aslan, I hope she can be helped!:pray:

dogcatharmony July 7th, 2009 06:01 PM

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sending my thoughts and prayers........hope they can find out what is wrong.

And she is a beautiful kitty.......

hazelrunpack July 7th, 2009 07:59 PM

:goodvibes:

:grouphug:

Hang in there, Lucy!

lUvMyLaB<3 July 7th, 2009 08:12 PM

aww sweet kitty! I hope and pray for a good outcome! Kitty is so lucky to have a good mommy and auntie!

growler~GateKeeper July 7th, 2009 11:09 PM

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: Lucy :goodvibes: she is beautiful :lovestruck:

[QUOTE=aslan;797867]Meg if you're lurking, how quick did Peaches epilepsy set in.[/QUOTE]

Aslan - Peaches already had seizures before she fostered him and then adopted him [url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=496572#post496572[/url]

TeriM July 7th, 2009 11:22 PM

Thinking lots of good thoughts and wishes to Lucy and her family.

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

:grouphug:

aslan July 8th, 2009 03:08 PM

Little update...Lucy is still having seizures so they have increased the amount of phenobarbitol she is getting. They still haven't given us an answer as to what is wrong and last i heard blood results hadn't come in yet.

Growler thanks for the link.

bendyfoot July 8th, 2009 03:09 PM

:sad:Poor kitty. :goodvibes::fingerscr:grouphug:

ancientgirl July 8th, 2009 03:11 PM

I hope you get some good news soon.:pray:

hazelrunpack July 8th, 2009 03:12 PM

I hope they figure it out soon! :fingerscr How much longer will it be on the blood results, do they know?

aslan July 8th, 2009 03:14 PM

I didn't ask my sister when the results would be in, she's a little upset and not focusing the best. If i hadn't been with her she would have left her bank card at 3 seperate places. I thought they said sometime today, but i'm not positive. We're going out to dinner, and probably to see furry butt after.

hazelrunpack July 8th, 2009 03:19 PM

I hope they come back today--the waiting is the worst. Dinner is good--get her mind off things.

I hope Lucy is much improved by the time you see her tonight! :goodvibes:

14+kitties July 8th, 2009 03:23 PM

Was hoping to read better news today. Hang in there. Hope bloodwork comes back soon. :fingerscr:goodvibes:

aslan July 8th, 2009 03:26 PM

i just wish we had the answers so we can decide what to do. Everything i've read concerns me it's not epilepsy, since its apparantly rare in cats. Can't think of anything she could have poisoned herself with. We've checked every wire we could see and nothing.