Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reporting a post (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4149)

Chany April 30th, 2004 06:19 PM

Reporting a post

Luba's reporting a post!! Luba's reporting a post!! Caught ya!!OMG now I really am ROLFALMAO. I agree with you earlier you are 6.LOL You guys can obviously dish it out but can't take it very well can you?
OMG I agree Karin this has been a very enlightening and saddening day. Now I am acting just as childish. But I guess my point has been made loud and clear. Typical bullies!!
I'll let it go sorry Karin. I usually respect my elders :rolleyes: , I guess I got a little wound up with all of this bs. and Me with no shovel.

Luba April 30th, 2004 06:23 PM

Yes I have!

I'm actually requesting a thread to be closed.

This is not a personality or personal conflict with 'you' Chany as much as you would love it to be.

It's ironic that you thought your post was bad enough to have it reported, so you went to look to see if someone was going to report a post.

Petty and childish rants aren't benefitting anyone.

Karin April 30th, 2004 06:26 PM

Thank you.

Chany April 30th, 2004 06:34 PM

Actually I was checking to see Who's online and there you were. I'm sure not that long ago you guys were complaining about you getting reported on. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Sorry Karin! I'm really trying here!!! :rolleyes:

Missy April 30th, 2004 06:35 PM

wait...don't hold back...tell us how you really feel...

Chany April 30th, 2004 06:37 PM

Who are you? Are you a new member of the posse?lol

Karin April 30th, 2004 06:53 PM

What's all this "Sorry Karin" bs? No apologies needed here. (except maybe my grammar)

Smooches to ya'all's...that's southernese!

Really, do not try the lip gloss! Or do not fill a pepper shaker in front of an open window on a windy day...take my word for it, you do not want to go there!

Live and learn.

chico2 May 1st, 2004 08:46 AM

Oh Chany,take a pill,or two :D
I just finished reading about litter-critters and road-apples,was planning on having something to eat and here you go again,like picking on people don't you...chill!! :D

Chany May 1st, 2004 08:58 AM

This was yesterday Chico in the heat of the moment. As far as the pills they could have been handed out here long before me.
Oh yes I've noticed you guys sure can dish it out but you can't swallow very well. Pictin said it best this morning. I couldn't care less who you people are or what you do that makes you so great but no sorry I won't back down from you.
BTW you're not very imaginative with your arguements. I like picking on people? No just a certain few who've had it a long time coming. Who have I been unjustly ignorant with, Karin, Catt, cmt,woodbyter? Nope because none of these people are ignorant either.
However I can stand up for myself. I've noticed you guys aren't used to that.
Suck it up!! As far as the pills, recommend them to some of the others as well as yourself and I'll get in line. :D

Bill & Bob May 1st, 2004 01:05 PM

Wow, this is really going somewhere positive. Let's start a hostile thread to rat someone else out. Nice job. I'm sure that the road to making this site better and more positive is paved with anger and passive aggressive comments. No no Bill, this is a battlefield, where war has been declared. I'm waiting for someone to tell me that if I don't like the thread I shouldn't read it. Just so you know, you have to surf through this crap to find out whether it's worth reading or not. I'd rather watch paint dry.
Ok little soldier, don't you back down. You show 'em their whatfor.
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit crass here myself. Sorry about that. Just don't understand why a site that's about pets has to look like a human battlefield with warning shots being fired overhead.
Actually, I'll take your advice afterall.
See ya.

Luba May 1st, 2004 03:13 PM

This is self explanatory.

April 2nd, 2004, 10:35 AM
Chany
Senior Member Join Date: Mar 2004

Reporting Posts?

A couple of times now I've checked "Who's online" and seen guest- reporting a post. Who are they reporting to and why?

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3766[/url]

Chany May 1st, 2004 08:14 PM

No apologies necessary Bill ;) . Yes you are seeing me at my worst, and yes I have always stuck up for people who are getting picked on.
But I agree this is going nowhere and I definitely will not back down but I'll let it go for now, however if any of that little group has some more digs, I'll be coming back. Then I suggest you maybe explain to them how they should shut up for a while. Deal?
Luba, I so could have something else to say right now but I'll leave this with WHATEVER!!! :rolleyes:

Luba May 1st, 2004 08:29 PM

Pathetically lacking intellect!

'Sticking up for people'

Your demeanor has nothing to do with that and you know it!

Chany May 1st, 2004 08:43 PM

Uh Bill did you want to comment or can I continue????

Bill & Bob May 2nd, 2004 12:03 PM

What else can I say... Just as in many wars we see around the world, another cast stone will simply result in another cast stone. Regardless as to who's throwing them.
I've been trying to be a bit of a moderator, but it's getting really lame doing so with no peace being the result. In some situations, maybe peace just isn't supposed to be there.
Like I said yesterday, I guess I'll continue to take yours or whoevers advice it was and just not bother looking at these threads. I find it very hard not to say something in effort to resolve differences, but I also think perhaps I should just stay out of fights I'm not involved in. At least I hope I'm not involved in any since I have never liked taking sides in situations like this.
Anyhoo..... I'll mind my own business.
I didn't even like the idea of responding to this thread because it just pushes it back to the top.
Whatsay we just let this thread cascade downwards for today? Why can't I just shutup....Stupid brain.

Luba May 2nd, 2004 02:29 PM

Very logical approach and I agree.

Karin May 2nd, 2004 02:34 PM

I agree also.

woodbyter May 2nd, 2004 03:52 PM

There is no right or wrong in most situations

I would like to add just a couple of observations since this thread seems to have developed a Lazarus or Phoenix like ability to rise from the dead/ashes.
I don't see anyone as being right or wrong in these threads, just persons trying to share experiences - possibly learn and comment on what they perceive others saying. We all only evaluate what we perceive other's saying by our knowledge and experiences and what they have told / taught us.
Our board has an open and diverse membership, and as such we cannot afford to react to every comment and call out those with whom we seem to be at odds or not agree with. It doesn't always mean the other person is wrong. IE: Some animals can be adequately cared for outside as long as they are loved, protected from the severe elements, given a place they are comfortable and provided fresh food and water and medical attention as needed.
I have read a couple of recent comments that may work. If you can't read what other's say and leave it alone, then it may be best to not read that thread.
If you must comment and incite possible verbal mayhem, then hopefully others will leave it alone. It is hard to fight with no opponent.
I have no stake in how we all get along. I read almost every post - some I do not totally agree with but I have not read any post I thought was absolutely wrong.
There is a moderator on this board and whether you agree with their application of moderation and letting the board pretty much seek it's own level is again a personal choice. At least no one has asked for a choice of weapons and paced off for a duel.
That's my little opinion and I'm sticking to it.
WB

melanie May 2nd, 2004 05:26 PM

just gotta add my 20c worth. on a board like this we are not looking at each other talking, using expression and gestures, this is how humans generally communicate and this behaviour also aids how we recieve the message. without these gestures, hand movements, eye contact ect. one often misses the context of a message especially when we all come from such diverse places, what an australian finds funny may just be downright offensive to someone in a different social context. i know myself that in posts i have been a little smarty pants, just trying to make people laugh, but at times this expression has not been recieved the way it was intended and i just looked like a cow.
also often the reply posty may just be short and to the point, a direct answer to a Q, eg 'my dog is bleeding' reply 'take to vet'. some people find these messages rude but missed the context. not to mention that it is proven that peoples behaviour changes on the net, it is easier to be cheeky to someone you will never see or meet.
and Luba, we love you, you have proven time and agian to be extrememly knowledgable of many aspect animal and we all appreciate and respect you for this, and hey, some of us are just naturally great and fantastic, i think luba is and i definatly know i am. now lets play nice ;)

Karin May 2nd, 2004 05:53 PM

I beg all here to focus..why are we here anyway? We found this board through the hearts of our beloved fur friends, four legged room mates or companions..no matter what we call our pets they are ingrained on our very soul. Pity the person who never has known the the comfort of a pet.

This board should be self governing. This is a gift that can be taken away.

Respect is due to the people who put this together, I am sure they do not want squibbles and spats so large they feel the need to baby sit us..

Echo's of peace everyone..to quote a dear friend.

Luba May 3rd, 2004 11:08 AM

Melanie thats very sweet of you to say. I thank you for that and am really very touched at your lovely gesture!