Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   This is a little morbid, but..... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9036)

Loki November 3rd, 2004 08:05 PM

This is a little morbid, but.....

Just thinking out loud here.
I was thinking about how the very people that Bryant chose to ignore, are the same people that will be forced to put the dogs to sleep- should the ban happen. If they were to keep count, the Liberals would have alot of explaining to do on election day.( Espescially since experts told them not to do this.)

Imagine if there was a web-site, that documented the fate of each of the shelter dogs, after the Ontario ban. How would the government react?
Would the liberals still risk it? Would just the threat of such a site, be enough?
Would it make other governments think-twice before attempting this stupidity?

Sorry, if I got a little dark there guys.
Hopefully, we'll beat this thing anyways!

seeker November 3rd, 2004 11:10 PM

I think even though it is a bit morbid . The idea of a website dedicated to this is a good idea . Everyone in Ontario must know about this and be reminded of the way this breed over any other is mistreated . It would shed some light to the public as to why there are dog attacks in the first place .
The information I have says that 30% of the people in Ontario own dogs . This legislation affects everyone of those people on the basis of rights due to the search and siezure clause . That is alot of votes and what many of these "first time elected liberals might be forgetting is that in order to collect the lucrative politians pension they must serve for 6 years , meaning they must win their riding in the next election . Fat Chance !

Dukieboy November 4th, 2004 09:15 AM

Well, you could start with the City of Toronto, Animal Shelters because its really not clear what they have been doing with thier pitbulls for the last month. They have managed to keep things pretty quiet. They have pitbulls in thier lost link but not up for adoption. What are they doing with them? Aren't they jumping the gun? The Bill is still just proposed Legislation, not law so what are they relying on to justify thier current policy?

sammiec November 4th, 2004 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Dukieboy]Well, you could start with the City of Toronto, Animal Shelters because its really not clear what they have been doing with thier pitbulls for the last month. They have managed to keep things pretty quiet. They have pitbulls in thier lost link but not up for adoption. What are they doing with them? Aren't they jumping the gun? The Bill is still just proposed Legislation, not law so what are they relying on to justify thier current policy?[/QUOTE]

Whish Shelter are you referring to? I know of some that are still adopting out dogs...

Dukieboy November 4th, 2004 09:48 AM

I am referring to the City of Toronto, Animal Services which is not to be confused with SPCA or the Toronto Humane Society. There are four I think.

Here is the link:

Check out dogs for [B]adoption [/B] and dogs [B]lost[/B]

[url]http://w3.toronto.ca/animal_services/index.htm[/url]

sammiec November 4th, 2004 10:09 AM

Do you know how long those dogs have been listed on the site as lost?? They must have a certain protocol about dogs that are picked up as strays.. if that's the case.
They are beautiful dogs... but you're right, it does seem a little fishy when they can pin point the age of a dog to the month when it's "lost"... :sad:

Dukieboy November 4th, 2004 10:16 AM

I don't know. I just know they stopped posting pits for [B]adoption[/B] more than a month ago. Like, overnight. There were about 7 one day and then only 1 the next which was a boxer/pit mix. and that was the last pit ever posted for adoption. They have recently changed thier site to include [B]lost[/B]

pitbulliest November 4th, 2004 07:00 PM

Animal services is full of poop...I live like 5 minutes from Animal Services in Etobicoke...and let me tell you this..I've been in there a few times and have looked over the dogs that are up for adoption...when I went in the last time..there were mostly labs and a few german shephard mixes....guess what they were all labelled as on the papers that are clipped to their cages? PIT BULL..PIT BULL MIX..PIT BULL..PIT BULL..PIT BULL MIX...

GAWD..these people don't know their head from their azz...

Akeeter November 5th, 2004 11:54 PM

LOL!! I gotta get on Search & check their web site..

A lot of shelters might try to fudge the other way..this is bizzarre!