Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cat Poo Buffet at Grandma's House (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=10074)

Ling December 3rd, 2004 01:35 PM

Cat Poo Buffet at Grandma's House

Gross! Pup is on vacation at Grandma's house (got picked up on Wednesday night) and we were informed last night that she apparently just LOVES cat poop! She has 3 cats so it's a huge buffet for her. Not only does she eat the logs, but also digs, and digs, and digs... (sigh) I didn't speak to BF's mom, but asked him to ask her to watch Ling a bit closer. That much poop can't be good for her especially after her bad tummy just getting better. Oh I could just imaging how full her belly must be...
Good thing that she doesn't like the doggy poop! A whole backyard filled with 3 dogs worth of dropping! Other than that - she's having the time of her life! Doesn't sound like she misses me, but I miss her though...
Only two more days then I get to see those floppy ears and her whole rear end wagging! No kisses though - bleck!

Lucky Rescue December 3rd, 2004 03:20 PM

They need to keep the litter boxes out of the dog's reach. If they use scoopable litter, this can and will impact in the dog's digestive tract.

Iggette December 3rd, 2004 04:13 PM

Hubby calls them breaded turds...*gross* :sick: But Ursa used to that all the time. Buddy thank god has not got the taste for them but we had a hard time keeping him from the Goose Poop :sick: :p

The title of this thread had me in stitches.........my hubby can be weird sometimes....your title reminded me of a pic he took one morning.......the cat pooped in the kitchen and hubby put a knife and fork beside it and took a pic :rolleyes: ......

chico2 December 3rd, 2004 04:25 PM

Iggette,that is funny :crazy: But I can imagine the clumping litter must be dangerous for a dog,the way it can clog up your drains,what would it do to a dogs insides?

Ling December 3rd, 2004 04:41 PM

I'm pretty sure that she has the loose stuff but I'll call her tonight for an update and maybe see if she can maybe put up a bit of a barrier to prevent the dogs from getting at it. Not only gross, but I know mine will gorge herself on it and most likely make herself sick. I know one of hers like to eat it too - last time we housesat I think we scared her in the act as there was a sprinkle covered log right on the front landing... looks like she was brining it upstairs to enjoy and she dropped it when she heard us coming... I'm hoping that she has already thought of something though. If not it's gonna be hard to be firm with her - BF mom, works at the SPCA, has 3 dogs of her own... while I only have 4 months of experience and research with my one floppy eared pup :-)
And Iggette LOL about the knife and fork pic - that's something "weird" my BF would do. Kind of an odd sense of humor... Do you still got it? Scan and post?

Karin December 3rd, 2004 06:57 PM

What dog cannot resist litter fritters?

Lucky Rescue December 3rd, 2004 07:41 PM

The only way to stop this is to keep the litterbox out of reach.

Cat food is loaded with protein, so the poop is very very appealing to dogs, and the majority of them will chow down in the litterbox.

Karin December 3rd, 2004 09:18 PM

Very gross too, I may add. Then the big smooches come on...and butt breath.

Dogs that eat from the buffet will gain weight rapidly too. Like LR said..it is based on a high protein diet. Litter fritter raiders are usually walking coffee tables on paws.

Not good....

Iggette December 4th, 2004 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This thread has me in tears from laughing...... :D
from litter fritters to poo buffet.....I just can't stop laughing :D
This is gross but you asked ling so here it is enjoy.....rotflmao and pmp :crazy:

Rainy December 4th, 2004 10:15 AM

OMG!! That's just so.so...wrong!! Gross too LMAO :eek:

Iggette December 4th, 2004 10:29 AM

yes I know hubby has such a sick sence of humour doesn't he?.....lol

Rainy December 4th, 2004 10:32 AM

Yes!! Although a humour is what I enjoy most about people! Never a dull moment. ;)

Bugsy December 4th, 2004 11:00 AM

Ew, ew, ew... :eek:

glasslass December 4th, 2004 11:28 AM

EWW! Was that really kitty kandy? Puss-Puss does more like the miniature tootsie rolls - about 3 at a time.

Iggette December 4th, 2004 01:22 PM

Lmao :D ........

Kitty Kandy,

Litter Fritters,

Breaded Turds,

Poo Buffet,

Anymore? :p

Bugsy December 4th, 2004 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[B]You forgot my favorite... LMAO :D[/B]

Karin December 4th, 2004 04:58 PM

I can see now my diet will work if I hang our here more often. I have a very tough GI system after working with animals for so many years...but I am fragile in other areas. Mainly poop eaters & hurlers will have me hurling along side...induce vomiting because of suspected poisoning...1 bucket for the patient, 1 for me. I get the job done ..in between mouth & brow wipes though. I have gotten better at this somewhat...