Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   14+,i am overwhelmed,thank you mf... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73238)

chico2 October 22nd, 2010 11:45 AM

14+,i am overwhelmed,thank you mf...

1 Attachment(s)
the mail-man just delivered another precious gift from 14+,i of course burst in to tears by the sheer kindness and thought-fullness of you and the beautiful wood-plaque of rocky.
you are a wonderful artist and a beautiful human being,thank you,thank you:grouphug:

Love4himies October 22nd, 2010 11:50 AM

It's beautiful :lovestruck:. She is so talented :lovestruck:

Chris21711 October 22nd, 2010 11:52 AM

Beautiful gift Chico, definately something to be treasured :cloud9:....what I would like to know is....where does that woman find the time :o

BenMax October 22nd, 2010 11:53 AM

How beautiful.:grouphug:

14+kitties October 22nd, 2010 11:59 AM

Wow! That got there fast! I only mailed it yesterday. I am so glad you like it. :grouphug: I am hoping it helps heal in some small way.
Working on these pieces is actually a little cathartic for me. I think about the loves that have passed and the love they gave, or give if they are still with us. This week it has been very helpful to me. So thank you chico. :grouphug: You have helped me more than you know.

Rgeurts October 22nd, 2010 12:48 PM

What a beautiful gift!! 14+, that is amazing! The best gifts always come from the heart :lovestruck:

My father commissioned an artist to do an oil painting of Thorin for us. It was a Christmas gift several yrs ago. It hangs over one of the fireplaces :)

Masha October 22nd, 2010 01:19 PM

This is so very beautiful. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift!! 14+ you are very talented and kind!!

Dog Dancer October 22nd, 2010 01:33 PM

14+ strikes to the heart again. What a wonderful and kind person you are. To say nothing of talented. So many hearts are healed with your kind gifts Gerri.

rainbow October 22nd, 2010 01:42 PM

WOW .....what a beautiful tribute to Rocky. :cloud9:

Look at all the detail there is with him sitting amongst the plant leaves .....absolutely amazing work, 14+ :thumbs up and you are truly a very special caring person. :angel:

hazelrunpack October 22nd, 2010 02:14 PM

Absolutely gorgeous work, 14+!! As usual! :cloud9:

Magicwildwolf69 October 22nd, 2010 02:49 PM

wow that is beautiful:cloud9: you are such a wonderful person 14+. :grouphug:

chico2 October 22nd, 2010 03:38 PM

14+,you are simply an amazing young lady and i am so glad i joined this forum years ago to get to know so many wonderful people,who feel just like i do.

together with the first piece of art i recieved,i will treasure my sweet rockys pic forever and always.
you managed to capture his special look and although i am still in the crying stages because of losing him,i feel you honored his memory for me:grouphug:

krdahmer October 22nd, 2010 09:08 PM

Oh it's beautiful....and just perfect....Rocky in his catnip...:lovestruck:

luckypenny October 22nd, 2010 09:25 PM

Gorgeous :cloud9:.

TeriM October 23rd, 2010 12:09 AM

That is just wonderful :cloud9:.

shannon1233A October 23rd, 2010 07:48 AM

OMG 14+, I've just spent a long time looking at all the beautiful pieces of art you've so generously sent your friends. You truly are a very gifted artist, have you ever thought of supplementing your income by taking orders or advertising? I'm sure you could make a fortune to help with your many kitties!

14+kitties October 23rd, 2010 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone. Rocky was a special boy. He deserves a special memorial.

[QUOTE=shannon1233A;961116]OMG 14+, I've just spent a long time looking at all the beautiful pieces of art you've so generously sent your friends. You truly are a very gifted artist, have you ever thought of supplementing your income by taking orders or advertising? I'm sure you could make a fortune to help with your many kitties![/QUOTE]

Thanks shannon. :o I have thought of that. In fact it 's been mentioned here often. I have told members all they have to do is pm me and we can talk. ;) The problems with me taking orders are my kitties and work. Well, the kitties aren't problems but you know what I mean. It does not leave me a lot of time to work on these pieces. Right now I do them at my leisure at night while watching TV. Some pieces can be done quite quickly. Some pieces take up to 50 hours to burn. If I was a tad more organized I could probably do one or two a week. Right now I'm lucky to do one every few weeks. :rolleyes:

diandpat October 23rd, 2010 10:42 AM

WOW!!! That is just gorgeous! How sweet of you to offer such a generous gift to Chico which will bring her so much happiness and comfort.

Great great piece of art! I always loved the pics of Rocky sprawled out in the catnip too :laughing:

chico2 October 23rd, 2010 03:35 PM

actually he is not in his cat-nip,in the pic he is laying in his favorite spot,under the birdbath and the greenery is the vine that we planted there,but either way,it's beautiful..i'll cherish it forever:cat:

Sylvie October 23rd, 2010 03:46 PM

14+ that is so beautiful.

You are a good friend. :grouphug:

cpietra16 October 23rd, 2010 05:29 PM

wow...you are indeed very talented 14+:thumbs up

14+kitties October 23rd, 2010 06:35 PM

Thanks ladies. :grouphug:
I didn't think it was his nip. I was trying to remember the exact spot where the picture was taken and thought I remembered the bird bath and Rocky's liking to lie under it. :cloud9:

Love4himies October 23rd, 2010 07:01 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;960844].what I would like to know is....where does that woman find the time :o[/QUOTE]

I know, I am amazed too

[QUOTE=chico2;960893]

you managed to capture his special look [/QUOTE]
She is an absolute genius, the one she did of my sweet Rose is a spitting image of her, especially the eyes. It hangs in my office where I can look at her all day and I am always amazed at how she captured the eyes.

14+kitties October 23rd, 2010 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;961226]I know, I am amazed too

She is an absolute genius, the one she did of my sweet Rose is a spitting image of her, especially the eyes. It hangs in my office where I can look at her all day and I am always amazed at how she captured the eyes.[/QUOTE]

Ha!! I have to get off Pets now and get to work or the next one won't be getting done for a long time!! :oThen I am taking some time to do a picture of owls for one of the gals at work for a belated wedding gift. She collects owls.

The eyes are the hardest part to do. I sometimes spend hours getting them just so. I keep hoping I did them right. It's nice to know I do occasionally. :thumbs up

marko October 24th, 2010 08:44 AM

way to go 14+, beautiful gesture and image :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen October 26th, 2010 06:49 AM

Oh my 14+ that is absolutely beautiful!! It looks just like Rocky! What a beautiful lady u are 14+!

Chico, that must of touched your heart so deeply. :grouphug:

14+kitties October 26th, 2010 08:59 AM

Thanks TQ and Marko. Every time I do one of these and it's posted here I see things I would love to be able to change to make it better. But it's too late. The pics are out of my hands. I hope I don't ever hurt anyone's feeling by doing a picture for them. :fingerscr

Chris21711 October 26th, 2010 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;961946] I hope I don't ever hurt anyone's feeling by doing a picture for them. :fingerscr[/QUOTE]

HUH.........:confused:

14+kitties October 26th, 2010 10:53 AM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;961961]HUH.........:confused:[/QUOTE]

I just meant if the pain was too fresh when I do one of a pet who has passed. That's all mf. :D

Chris21711 October 26th, 2010 11:02 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;961964]I just meant if the pain was too fresh when I do one of a pet who has passed. That's all mf. :D[/QUOTE]

I cherish the one you did of Cocoa....you know where it sits on my wall, next to a pic of my beloved Tina :lovestruck::lovestruck:

:sorry: to Hi-jack Chico :o