Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   My best friend has passed away... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=23264)

cutiepi1226j January 23rd, 2006 10:43 AM

My best friend has passed away...

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had in avery long time. I woke up about 7:30am and smelled something funny, of course I knew it was diarrhea. So, I had my boyfriend go downstairs and let my dog Cookie outside, while I cleaned up the mess. He yelled up for me and told me to come down stairs now, so I did. There was my Cookie, she could barely stand and she was swaying back and forth and finally just fell down. I layed with her on the floor has her breathing became very labored and told her everything was going to be okay. She became very agitated, jerking back and forth, so we moved her to the couch, where she calmed down with her head on my lap, and took her last breath. It all happened so fast, I had no time to process anything. She was the best friend anyone could have, how to you go on with out that anymore? I swear I still hear her, and everytime I think I do, it makes it that much worse. I miss her.............

Rottielover January 23rd, 2006 10:49 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. You will always have those happy memories. She is now peaceful and happy at the bridge.

susieqt January 23rd, 2006 11:31 AM

Oh, how awful for you and your dog! Not knowing what killed her must be the worst. I am truly, truly sorry to hear your bad news. The only comfort I can say is that at least your dog wasn't alone when she passed.:sorry:

Beaglemom January 23rd, 2006 12:43 PM

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a beloved family member. Even though it may not seem like it now, it does get easier with time. Everytime I've lost one of my precious pets, I still felt their presence days later. I would still expect them to greet me at the door when I came home. This is part of the grieving process. Eventually, the good memories will flood your mind and replace the sad ones.:grouphug:

Prin January 23rd, 2006 02:07 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss! It's so hard when they die unexpectedly like that. It does get easier, especially if you have another animal to help you through it. There's a void left when an animal leaves and in my opinion, it can only be filled by another animal (humans just don't do it...).:grouphug: :grouphug:

gottahavepets January 23rd, 2006 06:30 PM

:grouphug:
Know you're not alone and that you still have the memories to keep and she is now at peace.
:grouphug:

jesse's mommy January 23rd, 2006 06:32 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.

Frenchy January 23rd, 2006 07:29 PM

Like the others,I am too,so sorry for your loss,it must be very hard.Try to think about the good memories.And feel free to talk about it,it helps.

doggy lover January 23rd, 2006 07:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, it happening so quickly must have been a shock to you. I use to think that I seen my dog Travis after he passed away in different places that normally were his favorite. I think its is normal, and maybe a little of us wanting to see them. Who knows maybe its their spirit letting us know that they are ok.:angel:

rabx5 January 24th, 2006 08:20 AM

I am so....

very sorry. I know how you feel and it sucks.

My deepest sympathy to you and your family over the loss of Cookie.

Jodi

Luvmypit January 24th, 2006 03:11 PM

Oh I am so sorry for your loss.

Unfortunantly most of us here know all too well.

I hope you feel better soon!

Shamrock January 24th, 2006 04:57 PM

Oh, I am so sorry for your terrible loss. My heart goes out to you, a devastating thing to happen.:grouphug:

PunkMaister January 25th, 2006 05:43 PM

God I know how awful you must feel right now and I'm really sorry.:sorry: It is true what they say that over time it will get a bit better...
Finding this place months after I lost Kenny which was also my best friend has helped me a great deal and I hope it does the same for you...
God bless...

Cool Surfer January 29th, 2006 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=gottahavepets]:grouphug:
Know you're not alone and that you still have the memories to keep and she is now at peace.
:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Hi friend,
Very sad to hear this. Pl dot feel alone in this. :sorry: