Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Hazel Run Winter Olympics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=59539)

rainbow January 11th, 2009 02:36 AM

Oh thank goodness....I'm so relieved to hear that Mr. Cosell is not trying to reincarnate himself into one of Hazel's personalities otherwise madame rainbow would have had to channel in Don Cherry. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2009 10:40 AM

:o

[size=1]Psssstttt...rainbow....who's Don Cherry? :o

hazel doesn't get out much... :o[/size]

rainbow January 11th, 2009 02:51 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;729850]:o

[size=1]Psssstttt...rainbow....who's Don Cherry? :o

hazel doesn't get out much... :o[/size][/QUOTE]

If you don't watch hockey games then you won't know him. He is the very outspoken commentator on Coaches Corner who wears very flambuoyant clothing. :D

rainbow January 11th, 2009 02:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics in case you've seen him on the news as he is quite well known ...

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2009 03:00 PM

How flambuoyant? :D That's so [I]not[/I] us so I'm glad madame rainbow would have to be the one that channels him. :laughing:

I don't recall ever seeing a hockey game on TV other than at the Olympics. Our local stations don't seem to carry them. :shrug:

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2009 03:01 PM

I like his little buddy! :dog: :laughing: Ooooo...a rainbow plaid on the right, there!

rainbow January 11th, 2009 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;729979]I like his little buddy! :dog: :laughing: Ooooo...a rainbow plaid on the right, there![/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have any problems trying to channel him in then. :laughing:

His little buddy is named Blue and she is often seen with him and is just as well known. They even have their own pet insurance company. :rolleyes:

[url]http://www.cherryblue.ca/[/url]

chico2 January 11th, 2009 04:30 PM

rainbow,was Cherry not the coach for Boston Bruins at one time,but that could be before you were born:laughing:
Personally I do not really like him,he's a bigot and a loudmouth,but he does love his dog,even was helping to stop BSL,so he must have good qualities.
Also,he really loved his wife Rose:rip:

otter January 11th, 2009 04:35 PM

Me thinks I took a wrong turn somewhere... weren't we talking about HRP Olympics :D:laughing::crazy:

(I just couldn't resist :laughing::laughing:)

Frenchy January 11th, 2009 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=otter;730030]Me thinks I took a wrong turn somewhere... weren't we talking about HRP Olympics :D:laughing::crazy:

(I just couldn't resist :laughing::laughing:)[/QUOTE]

Yes but how cool would it be if we could get Don Cherry to comment on the next HRP Olympics ? :D

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2009 04:57 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;730032]Yes but how cool would it be if we could get Don Cherry to comment on the next HRP Olympics ? :D[/QUOTE]
Works for me! :thumbs up But only if he brings Blue. :D

otter January 11th, 2009 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;730032]Yes but how cool would it be if we could get Don Cherry to comment on the next HRP Olympics ? :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;730043]Works for me! :thumbs up But only if he brings Blue. :D[/QUOTE]

:thumbs up

I bet if we get that network coverage we were looking for he'd be there! or maybe we get Cherries first and that'll guarantee us network time :D

:cool::cool::cool:

Frenchy January 11th, 2009 05:15 PM

[QUOTE=otter;730046] or maybe we get Cherries first and that'll guarantee us network time :D

:cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

And Hazel could write her book (finally) and have infomercials in between competitions to sell them ! :thumbs up

we could call it "the setters network" !

hazelrunpack January 11th, 2009 05:15 PM

Think either the networks [I]or[/I] this Cherry guy will want to come out to the boonies of WI? :laughing:

rainbow January 11th, 2009 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;730026]rainbow,was Cherry not the coach for Boston Bruins at one time,but that could be before you were born:laughing:
Personally I do not really like him,he's a bigot and a loudmouth,but he does love his dog,even was helping to stop BSL,so he must have good qualities.
Also,he really loved his wife Rose:rip:[/QUOTE]

LOL, Chico....you keep forgetting that I'm almost as old as you .......I will be 61 this March. :D

Yes, he used to coach the Bruins and before that was a hockey player (I think he even played for the Bruins). He has also coached Team Canada and another hockey team but didn't last long there.

I think his TV appearances on Coaches Corner are all show and actually alot of the comments he makes are true. He is probably a really nice guy ....he must be since Rose and Blue were the most important part of his life.

rainbow January 11th, 2009 06:36 PM

Here's everything you wanted to know about Don Cherry :D ......

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cherry_(ice_hockey[/url])

rainbow January 11th, 2009 06:39 PM

:sorry:

Btw, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, Hazel, so will put it back on track by saying I still am looking forward to the adventures of Cerberus and Sally going to the Olympics. :D :goodvibes:

angeldogs January 11th, 2009 07:39 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;730043]Works for me! :thumbs up But only if he brings Blue. :D[/QUOTE]

I heard a few years back Blue went to the rainbow bridge and with the bsl laws he wasn't able to get another.i don't know if thats true or not.maybe some else will know for sure.

hazelrunpack January 18th, 2009 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=rainbow;730123]I still am looking forward to the adventures of Cerberus and Sally going to the Olympics. :D :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

angeldogs, I've put the foster Olympics in the continuing adventures of the "New Foster at Hazel Run..." thread [URL="http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57565&page=10"]here[/URL]. Starts at post 278.

And rainbow, when the men-in-white-coats come lookin' for me, I'm going to point them here so they see it wasn't entirely all my :crazy:ness this time. :laughing: I would have remained perfectly sane (:angel:) if you hadn't made the suggestion... :p

rainbow January 18th, 2009 01:23 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;733605]

And rainbow, when the men-in-white-coats come lookin' for me, I'm going to point them here so they see it wasn't entirely all my :crazy:ness this time. :laughing: I would have remained perfectly sane (:angel:) if you hadn't made the suggestion... :p[/QUOTE]

Ummmmm.....somehow I don't quite believe that. :laughing:

But I'm sure glad I asked for a "Cerberus & Sally at the Olympics" story cuz it was one of your best. :highfive:

We absolutely have to find a way to get your story telling talent noticed. :fingerscr :goodvibes: