Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What kind of BREED do my cat have in her??? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1198)

Katty April 6th, 2003 07:33 PM

What kind of BREED do my cat have in her???

Hi, I have a beautiful cat named Shorty Blackwell. When she was born, she was all white, but had a faint tint of grey on the tips os her ears and her tail. Gradually these colours on her ears and tail grewe darker. Now she is almost 5 yrs. And she has dark markings around her bottom legs, a grey and black tail, grey and black ears, a mix of grey & black throughout her back and sides, and around here nose, is an orangy, yellow colour. Also she has Bright blue eyes. If anyone knows, please drop me a line!!!!:)

pethouse June 13th, 2003 11:37 PM

siamese kittens are born pure white and then develop their color points over the next three weeks after birth, getting more and more color as they age. normally, their bodies darken with age, but usually not into multi colors on their bodies. most siamese mixes are solid black, but the white at birth and the blue eyes definitely sound siamese. you may have a mix, doesn't sound like a purebred siamese.

TrillKikiLucky July 9th, 2012 02:10 PM

im not sure what breed my cat lucky is....

2 Attachment(s)
so last year in January i found this stray cat she wandered into my garage after being chased. i live in a desert so it was probably a coyote or more. i put up flyers for someone to claim her but no one ever did. instantly i became attached so i was relieved that they never did. she is a very happy cat and incredibly vocal. i thought she was a Siamese given her coloring and her eyes but when you Google pictures of the breed they always have skinny faces and she does not. but she fits the personality. then i was watching cats 101 and they showed a birman cat and i was like interesting this could be her. so i googled that and the trait for one is white paws, which she has. i'm no expert in breeds, i just would like to know what breed she truly is.
[ATTACH]77871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77872[/ATTACH]
i inserted two pictures a close up of her beautiful face and then one showing her more full length and a paw (all four of her paws look like that)

Barkingdog July 9th, 2012 03:26 PM

[QUOTE=TrillKikiLucky;1042804]so last year in January i found this stray cat she wandered into my garage after being chased. i live in a desert so it was probably a coyote or more. i put up flyers for someone to claim her but no one ever did. instantly i became attached so i was relieved that they never did. she is a very happy cat and incredibly vocal. i thought she was a Siamese given her coloring and her eyes but when you Google pictures of the breed they always have skinny faces and she does not. but she fits the personality. then i was watching cats 101 and they showed a birman cat and i was like interesting this could be her. so i googled that and the trait for one is white paws, which she has. i'm no expert in breeds, i just would like to know what breed she truly is.
[ATTACH]77871[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]77872[/ATTACH]
i inserted two pictures a close up of her beautiful face and then one showing her more full length and a paw (all four of her paws look like that)[/QUOTE]

She is beautiful!!

[url]http://www.catchannel.com/breeds/b_landing.aspx[/url]

here is a link of cats breeds

TrillKikiLucky July 9th, 2012 11:32 PM

thank you. she is my lucky little stray haha. the website was helpful :D

ownedbycats July 10th, 2012 09:40 AM

Try looking up Ragdoll cats. They also have those white paws, and if I am remembering correctly, were crossed with Siamese to get the points.

Barkingdog July 10th, 2012 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=ownedbycats;1042856]Try looking up Ragdoll cats. They also have those white paws, and if I am remembering correctly, were crossed with Siamese to get the points.[/QUOTE]

When I lived in Northern Calf. I had a friend that had a black and white female cat and she got pregnant by a black cat. When the mother cat had her kittens one of them looked just like a Siamese cat! And no one had a Siamese cat. I was told black cats have Siamese in them. That kitten had all the marking of a Siamese cat, we where very surprised to see it in a littler of black kittens.

TrillKikiLucky July 11th, 2012 04:25 PM

that is very weird to hear about the Siamese in a litter with black kittens. thanks for the information all.

Barkingdog July 12th, 2012 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=TrillKikiLucky;1042926]that is very weird to hear about the Siamese in a litter with black kittens. thanks for the information all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah we thought it was really weird too. The kitten had the crooked tail too.