Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just thought I'd tell you.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72457)

chico2 September 7th, 2010 01:36 PM

Just thought I'd tell you..

You all know how much I loved my Rocky,but watching him the last week,deterioate rapidly,was totally heartbreaking.

He had his last meal last thursday,could not eat anything after that.
He would drink water,only to vomit bright yellow bile.

After his last tests,his kidneys were fine,however,as I was told today,his liver was greatly extended and the probably cancerous tumor on his Para-Thyroid was huge,preventing him from swallowing food.

I was in doubt,like I guess we all are,whether I did the right thing,my wonderful vet,assured me,nothing more could have been done for Rocky.
He passed in my arms,no pain no suffering,very peaceful...I think he knew,as my tears fell on his beautiful head.
OMG,how I will miss him...

quincymycat September 7th, 2010 01:51 PM

I am so, so sorry Chico...:grouphug:

RIP beautiful Rocky :cry: :candle:

Love4himies September 7th, 2010 01:56 PM

Oh chico, I am just bawling at my desk. I know how special Rocky was and I know that your heart is hurting so bad. I wish I could take the pain away, but as you know only time will.

We all love our pets, but some are just a bit more special, like Rocky was to you and Snowball to me. You must be just devastated :grouphug:

Rocky is at peace now and he thanks you for giving him such a wonderful life. I am sure if he could talk he wouldn't want to see you sad.

How are Chico and Vinnie handling it?

JanM September 7th, 2010 02:01 PM

My heart goes out to you, Chico. He is resting in peace :rip:

14+kitties September 7th, 2010 02:30 PM

I just found this poem. Maybe it will bring a little peace. :grouphug:

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

loopoo September 7th, 2010 02:33 PM

my heart goes out to you, rocky was loved, and he is at peace now feeling that love :angel2:

Dog Dancer September 7th, 2010 02:49 PM

Chico2, how well you loved your boy. Rocky will never forget. 14+ you always come up with the most wonderful poems.

chico2 September 7th, 2010 04:20 PM

14+,another wonderful poem,thank you:grouphug:

L4H,Rocky was the big brother when I got Chico,he was only 1 year old at that time,but took Chico under his wing.
It was the same with Vinnie,Rocky took care of him while Chico hated Vinnie and still does.
They have known for a while that Rocky was very ill,Vinnie even gave him a few licks,I think animals know when another is sick.
Chico seemed a little confused when we brought home an empty carrier,but they seem ok,a little concerned that mom is crying so much..

Thank you every one else for your kind words:grouphug:

JennieV September 7th, 2010 05:10 PM

Awww Chico... :(
I am sooooo sorry to hear about Rocky. You have done what you needed to do and gave him peace. And he thanks you for it and will see you at the Bridge, you know he will...
:rip: little big guy...
:candle:

free September 7th, 2010 07:09 PM

so sorry chico

Masha September 7th, 2010 08:35 PM

Chico, I am so so very sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your family :grouphug:

Rocky :candle:

Tundra_Queen September 7th, 2010 09:25 PM

chico, I'm so very sorry to hear about Rocky's passing. :grouphug: I know how much u loved him. He was a very lucky boy to have u as his Mom. You did all that u could do for him and he knew how much u loved him. :(

:rip: Dear Sweet Rocky.

RobinH September 7th, 2010 09:45 PM

Chico,
My heart goes out to you and your family!! These precious members of our families are here for too short a time! May your heart mend as you recall all the loving and happy memories and know he is in a peaceful place!

chico2 September 8th, 2010 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you all,this is how I'll remember my boy,curious,protective of"his"backyard,loving and caring...

BenMax September 8th, 2010 10:48 AM

Chico2. This is such a beautiful picture. I feel so badly for you and I wish you peace Dear Friend.:grouphug: X 1,000,000,000.

happycats September 8th, 2010 12:33 PM

OMG Anita, I am so, so very sorry for your loss.
Rocky had the best and most loving home a pet could ever have, I'm sure he's smiling down on you warmly for giving him all that you did :angel2:

RIP sweet Rocky :candle:

otter September 8th, 2010 12:56 PM

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
if only there was a better way to get a huge hug to you!

I'm so sorry chico :cry:

:rip: dear Rocky... be free :angel2:

TeriM September 8th, 2010 01:13 PM

I'm so sorry Chico, I know the brutal pain of watching them slip away from us.

That is a wonderful picture of Rocky :angel:.

krdahmer September 8th, 2010 02:03 PM

I'm so glad when he left he was in your loving arms....really nothing more fitting for such a lovely boy, than to leave surrounded by enormous love:angel:. Send a hug to hubby too, as I'm sure he is also heartbroken.:grouphug:

chico2 September 8th, 2010 03:32 PM

I am sorry girls,I am starting to sound like a broken record,but I miss him so very,very much.
Dahmer,hubby was with me to the vet,but Rockys last moment was with me,I closed his beautiful eyes and told him I love him.
Hubby has been a great support,even when out of the blue I burst in to tears,he understands.
I promise I won't write anymore,because all of you know how difficult it is...thank you:grouphug:

14+kitties September 8th, 2010 03:50 PM

Grief has no time line Anita. You know that. If you need to talk and let it out you know you can with us. Who else understands like we do? :grouphug: It truly helps to talk about your feelings. Rocky was your boy. Still is your boy.
It's been about 4.5 months since I had Brownie pts. There are days it hurts so bad all I do is cry when I think of him. But slowly there are days when I feel him flit through my thoughts quickly. Then he's gone again for a while. It's like he's here saying "It's ok Mom. I love you." I'm quite sure Rocky would say the same. :grouphug:

maneater September 8th, 2010 03:59 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your cat:cry:. :candle::rip:

cpietra16 September 8th, 2010 06:05 PM

OMG Chico....My heart goes out to you.....OMG...what a lose. I am so sorry. I know how much love you had for Rocky. I am glad he crossed over while he was in your arms. Those loving arms are the last image he will need to cross over...
Rocky.... between Ozzy, Bailey and Crunchie...you'll have a great group of friends to play with....protect the garden up there sweetie...:cloud9:

I'm sorry Chico...I know you'll miss him. It will be hard. :(

joeysmama September 9th, 2010 09:05 AM

I'm so sorry !! :( You're a brave mommy to do what you did for Rocky! My heart goes out to you.