Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Birds (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   The Pack took pictures of birds for Chris... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66935)

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 04:49 PM

The Pack took pictures of birds for Chris...

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][I][B]...and now they won't stop barkin' till I post them.

Or was that Chris who was barkin' at madame hazel to post them? :p

Anyway, Chris, here ya go:

The Sheriff snapped this shot of Chickadee after a successful raid of the feeders.
He's hoping that this photographic evidence of Thievery will hold up in the Hazel Run Courts
so he can finally bring this Perpetrator of Perloinery to justice! :dog:
[ATTACH]60053[/ATTACH]

Cole was more successful with Mourning Dove--MD didn't dare come out of the tree
till the Sheriff took his Posse and went inside. Neither did Goldfinch.
[ATTACH]60054[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]60055[/ATTACH][/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

rainbow November 22nd, 2009 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852492]

Or was that Chris who was barkin' at madame hazel to post them? :p

[/QUOTE]

Yep ....that ol' girl is always barking at someone. :laughing:

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Grace set up a blind at the SW corner of the basement yard and she and
Brier lay in wait, camera ready, for some action at the feeders.

Mama Downy checked out the feeder from the sumac.
[ATTACH]60056[/ATTACH]

Seeing nothing too dangerous, she finally flew in for a meal.
[ATTACH]60057[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60058[/ATTACH]
Grace and Brier snapped away furiously while she ate.
She was none the wiser about having had her picture taken when she finally flew off.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

rainbow November 22nd, 2009 04:56 PM

Great pics ....you get such a lovely variety of birds. :cloud9:

rainbow November 22nd, 2009 04:57 PM

Awesome shot with the suet cake. :thumbs up

rainbow November 22nd, 2009 04:58 PM

I have a feeling you're not finished yet so I'll come back later. :D

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 05:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Grace and Brier gave each other a high-paw slap and ran off to celebrate.
It was Princess~Queen Cass who noticed that Papa Downy was hanging around in the bushes,
showing off his lovely red cap.
[ATTACH]60060[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]60059[/ATTACH]

Blue Jay stopped by to see if the feeders were full, so Her Majesty snapped his pic, as well.
[ATTACH]60061[/ATTACH]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

rainbow November 22nd, 2009 05:03 PM

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]WOW .....[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]those pics are awesome. :cloud9: [/COLOR]

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 05:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][B][I][CENTER]Siskin scouted the area from the safety of the pines, then brought his buddies down for a snack.
[ATTACH]60062[/ATTACH]

Pesky Red Squirrel had similar designs on the feeders...
[ATTACH]60063[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60064[/ATTACH]
...and when PR Squirrel charged the small flock on the ground, Siskin ended up back in the pines.[/CENTER][/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 05:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]King Ember took over from the Princess~Queen because her paws were getting tired.
It's no mean feat to hang onto the heavy camera with paws, y'know! :frustrated:

His Majesty sat very quietly under the suet feeder and soon was able to snap this shot of Red-Breasted Nuthatch.
[ATTACH]60065[/ATTACH]

In the pines nearby, White-Breasted Nuthatch lusted after the luscious suet...
[ATTACH]60066[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]60067[/ATTACH]
...and finally swooped down to chase off Red-Breasted Nuthatch and claim the prize!

The Pack hopes you enjoyed these pictures, taken 'specially for you, Chris :thumbs up
and requests that you let the Hazel Run Mama know when you need another feathery fix.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]The End
:D[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 05:20 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;852500]I have a feeling you're not finished yet so I'll come back later. :D[/QUOTE]

But it only took about half an hour for 15 pics! :highfive: I think that might be record, specially since the connection shut down for a short time while I was typin'. :o

Glad you enjoyed the pics. (I hope Chris does! :fingerscr) I still want some good pics of blue jays--they are really spooky this year for some reason. :shrug: This one was from pretty far away and it was pretty hazy today, so it looks foggy. :frustrated:

I might have to wait for the pileated woodpeckers till next spring when they're displaying on the power poles, but I want to get some of them, too. :D

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;852495]Yep ....that ol' girl is always barking at someone. :laughing:[/QUOTE]
:laughing:

Well, to be honest, she only barked once this time, but I thought I'd get on it right away. The rest of the week is going to be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif[/img]

Chris21711 November 22nd, 2009 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852509]

The Pack hopes you enjoyed these pictures, taken 'specially for you, Chris :thumbs up

[COLOR="Purple"]I did, very much so, please thank the Pack for me :D[/COLOR]

and requests that you let the Hazel Run Mama know when you need another feathery fix.

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]The End
:D[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852513]:laughing:

Always, I love seeing them, you know that Hazel, they are really good and clear to look at :)

Well, to be honest, she only barked once this time, but I thought I'd get on it right away. The rest of the week is going to be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. [img]http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif[/img][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]That ol' girl in BC is always mean to me...thanks for defending me.....It takes almost a week to get ready for Thanksgiving my dawg woman what are you gonna feast on :eek:[/COLOR]

Chris21711 November 22nd, 2009 06:22 PM

I have no idea how my post showed like it does......damn cyber-gods, I hope you can figure it out :rolleyes:

Love4himies November 22nd, 2009 06:27 PM

Great pics, Hazel :cloud9:. I love watching the birds that frequent my feeders too, as does Jasper and Sweet Pea :evil:

growler~GateKeeper November 22nd, 2009 09:10 PM

Awesome shots Hazel so clear & they look like you're right beside all the birds. :thumbs up

Do you get Towhees in your area too? We have them here, the female Downy's feathers reminded me a little of a Towhee

14+kitties November 22nd, 2009 10:04 PM

Wow, those pups of yours take some wonderful pics!! I need to borrow them for a while. :rolleyes: :cloud9:

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;852529][COLOR="Red"]It takes almost a week to get ready for Thanksgiving my dawg woman what are you gonna feast on :eek:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
It's not the feasting...it's the cleaning. :o hazel is, to be perfectly honest, a horrible housekeeper. She tries to clean once a year, before the holidays, when the in-laws come to dinner. :p

[B]L4H[/B], you need to give Jasper and Sweet Pea a camera when they're out there! :laughing:

We do get towhees here, [B]growler[/B], but not this time of year. They nest here, then move south for the winter months. I'm thinking about borrowing Grace's blind so I can get some pics of them in the spring. :D

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;852624]Wow, those pups of yours take some wonderful pics!! I need to borrow them for a while. :rolleyes: :cloud9:[/QUOTE]
I think they'd be distracted by all the kitties... :laughing:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it would be total chaos. :o :D

14+kitties November 22nd, 2009 10:23 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852631]I think they'd be distracted by all the kitties... :laughing:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it would be total chaos. :o :D[/QUOTE]

I would agree! Total chaos! It truly would be raining cats and dogs!! :eek: Maybe I will just borrow the one that is best around kitties. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 10:33 PM

That would be madame hazel, sans goggies :D

14+kitties November 22nd, 2009 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852644]That would be madame hazel, sans goggies :D[/QUOTE]

Well. What you waitin' for? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. Thanksgiving to be over.............
Then I can expect you. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack November 22nd, 2009 11:03 PM

By the time Thanksgiving is over, I'll likely be in great need of a vacation! :o Sooooo tempting... How many hours away are you from here, do you suppose? :whistle:

rainbow November 23rd, 2009 02:25 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;852510]

I still want some good pics of blue jays--they are really spooky this year for some reason. :shrug: This one was from pretty far away and it was pretty hazy today, so it looks foggy. :frustrated:
[/QUOTE]

I loved that pic....the blue jay looks awesome in the grey of the trees. :cloud9:

[QUOTE=Chris21711;852529][COLOR="Red"]That ol' girl in BC is always mean to me...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

But you always start it. :rolleyes:

And, I still owe you one. :p

[QUOTE=Chris21711;852530]I have no idea how my post showed like it does......damn cyber-gods, I hope you can figure it out :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:whistle: ....good weekend. :laughing: