Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Bunduk almost electrocuted himself....twice!!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51491)

onster April 16th, 2008 12:53 AM

Bunduk almost electrocuted himself....twice!!!

Im writing this after a frantic run around the house unplugging whatever wires I didnt have enough crittercord (tubing) to cover the wires with (im waiting for my next shipment)...

So my mom, toronto bro and myself were watching some tv in living room....I was on the couch and Bunduk went behind the couch, Onnie plopped himself down on floor at the end of the couch (so he could still keep watch on Bunduk)

Enter: Bunduk hisses/yeowls/ unearthly noise

I literally jumped off the chair and looked behind me there was Bunduk and Onnie...I [I]assumed[/I] Onnie got up and beat Bunduk up and so "sssst" (my hiss, lol) Onnie leave him alone!

Both of them look at me kinda confused and we move on :confused:

I explain to my mom and bro that Bunduk is in some sort of power struggle with Onnie over who's boss and so theyre beating each other up lately (thanks all who gave me that explanation!)...all is well.

Once again unearthly scream/hiss/yeowl. Once again I jump up, once again Onnie is near Bunduk and bunduk looks like this :eek:.

This time Im more firm with Onnie "that's enough now :frustrated:, shoo!".

My mom asks bro if he has something on the stove :shrug: no ...we dont smell anything, he gets up to check..nothing..more tv (my mom's nose is ridiculously sensitive)

Onnie then plops himself infront of the couch and starts peeking under it to look @ bunduk who is stil behind the couch. At this point im thinking what the heck is bunduk so obsessed with behind the couch anyway!?!?!

There is Bunduk chewing on the wire of the lamp that lights up my mom's painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He pretty much eloctructed himself twice hence the yeowling, Onnie is innocent and my mom was smelling that!!!! :eek:

So yes...thats my story of the night. I didnt wrap up that wire specifcally because its thick and he's a thin wire kind of guy....so anyone with chewers be carefull!!!! I used to say i wish hed get a small shock so it would teach him not to chew but clearly he will still keep chewing!!!!! Thank God I was there and I caught on eventually.

woweee....just to add to my exam stress :crazy: *oh bunduk*

growler~GateKeeper April 16th, 2008 01:05 AM

:grouphug: glad you were there :eek:

Oh Bunduk you [I][COLOR="Red"]MUST[/COLOR][/I] stop! :yell:

Dracko April 16th, 2008 02:28 AM

OMG! I am so glad none of mine are wire biters. I would be so worried.

I admit I had to chuckle at your "he's a thin wire type of guy..." :o

clm April 16th, 2008 05:31 AM

I've got one cat that's a wire chewer too. She leaves them alone if I spray them with bitter apple, just have to remember to do that once a week.

Cindy

Jim Hall April 16th, 2008 09:10 AM

bundunk is gonna use up all his 9 lives verrryy quickly i cant beklive he got a jolt and still chewed on the wires

ancientgirl April 16th, 2008 11:35 AM

And here poor Onnie was probably trying to tell him to be careful...

Bunduk is seriously obsessed. Vlad was a wire chewer when he was little, but I fixed that with some spray that's like the bitter apple stuff. None of the others are too interested. Now and then Maks and Kiska go behind the TV but I clap my hands loud and they usually respond.

I used to also try double sided tape with Vlad. He didn't like the stickyness of it so maybe that will help with Bunduk the mad cable kitty:D

Frenchy April 16th, 2008 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=onster;580626]

He pretty much eloctructed himself twice hence the yeowling, [/QUOTE]

Have you ever dropped him on his head when he was a kitten ? :confused:

Not too sharp there Bunduck :laughing:

Love4himies April 16th, 2008 11:47 AM

Was Bunduk an electrician in a previous life? You would think he would have learned from the first jolt, silly kitty. Good thing he has his looks :laughing:

Frenchy April 16th, 2008 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;580760] Good thing he has his looks :laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing:

ancientgirl April 16th, 2008 11:58 AM

Is Bunduk a natural blond?:D

Love4himies April 16th, 2008 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;580772]Is Bunduk a natural blond?:D[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing:

rainbow April 16th, 2008 12:42 PM

Awwww....poor Bunduk. :grouphug: Hopefully he will learn after all this. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

krdahmer April 16th, 2008 12:59 PM

Out of curiousity where do you order those covers from.... I'm always paranoid about the kitties chewing wires and have water bottle trained them, but would feel better when I'm away if they were covered. I've been nervous about that ever since National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation... one of my faves, and the cat with the xmas lights under the couch! Thank goodness Bunduk didn't get a shock like that!:eek: Little stinker... and he still went back for more! :rolleyes: And don't worry the longer you have cats, the better you'll get at decifering the meows etc.... I know now which ones are ouch he's hurting me, mom he's annoying me, pay attention to me....etc etc. And I don't even have to be in the room to know exactly which one of the six it is too!:D

rainbow April 16th, 2008 01:24 PM

Here's where you can get the electrical cord covers from...

[url]http://www.cabletiesandmore.ca/cordcovers.php[/url]

onster April 16th, 2008 01:39 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing: U guys crack me up.

I swear when I figuired it me and mo were laughing soooooo hard, gasping for breath I even told him it confirms my suspicion that his mom dropped him as a baby :laughing:

The thing is after all this, i sat down again to watch the rest of the show with my mom and then Bunduk climbed onto the tv stand and well it was an arab show and arabs, like italians, wave around their hands like crazy when they talk, so there was bunduk swatting at the tv trying to catch the guys fingers!!! He literally did this for half an hour..I wanted to get the camera but I knew if I got up he'd come after me....

lol i always used to wonder if he actually watched the tv. :crazy:

LOL hahahaha im seriously laughing here by myself, u guys dont understand hes really really slow, i mean i shouldnt laugh but.. :laughing:

Jim Hall April 16th, 2008 01:44 PM

awww a mentally challenged kitty poo rbun now everyone is going ro make fun of him

onster April 16th, 2008 01:44 PM

oh and about the cord covers u have 2 options:

crittercord and chewsafe, i believe the link rainbow gave (thank u!) is for chewsafe. I ordered and tried both, IMO chewsafe is the better product. Ill write a review in the appropriate section when i have time, but basically a) its cheaper b) it comes in longer sections so you can cover long wires in one go without having to have gaps c) its slightly thinner and thus less cumbersome to deal with (easier to slit things inside etc) and d) it is infused with the smell but to a less toxic degree...i.e. with crittercord think I may pass out in the computer room (sooo many wires), not so much with chewsafe.

But in terms of doing what they are supposed to do (prevent chewing) they work equally as well. Bunduk has licked the covers but not really chewed them yet.

Oh and as for bitter apple, he likes the taste :confused: or he doesnt mind it. Im forever tasting that :yuck: when it acidently gets on my hands but he doesnt mind at all. Maybe he zapped his taste buds? :shrug:

onster April 16th, 2008 01:46 PM

lol jim, i discussed this with jiorji b4...

i think hes slow enough that he wont realise im making fun of him so its ok :p:laughing:

I know im so mean :sad: bad mommy. :sad:

onster April 16th, 2008 02:02 PM

He's so ashamed

3 Attachment(s)
poor baby...all of us making fun of him, now he doesnt want to show his face anymore (bunduk's equivalent of walking around with a paper bag on his head)
[ATTACH]35628[/ATTACH][ATTACH]35629[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]35630[/ATTACH]

tehe :D...

anyways back to the books for me :sad:

rainbow April 16th, 2008 02:09 PM

[B]Onster,[/B] if you don't stop making fun of Bunduk I'm going to come and take him away from you. :laughing:

chico2 April 16th, 2008 04:42 PM

OMG what a crazy little kitty he is,but OMG he's so darn cute:lovestruck::lovestruck:

ancientgirl April 16th, 2008 05:47 PM

Can you guys imagine the trouble Bunduk and Phoozles Alley could get into?:laughing:

hazelrunpack April 16th, 2008 08:05 PM

Ah, poor Bunduk. Always the Adventurer! :rolleyes: Silly little kitty!

I hope your wire-protectors arrive quickly! :eek:

growler~GateKeeper April 17th, 2008 01:00 AM

Glad the cutie-pie is feeling okay after his zapping :rolleyes:

Funny how they "hide" & leave their tail sticking out :crazy:

btw how come you never told us to vote for Bunduk/Hazel on pet idol [url]http://petidol.ca/vote_1622.pet[/url] :frustrated: I've already voted :lovestruck:

rainbow April 17th, 2008 01:13 AM

:eek: How could you not tell us??? :eek:

I just voted for Bunduk too. :lovestruck: :fingerscr

chico2 April 17th, 2008 06:08 AM

Me too,but he only has 3 votes:sad:

aslan April 17th, 2008 06:16 AM

haha joys of 3 e-mail addresses, have to give the little guy a boost up he's starting late.

Love4himies April 17th, 2008 06:25 AM

Got to vote 3 times.

Tommysmom April 17th, 2008 08:03 AM

Voted here too, twice... what a cutie:lovestruck:

onster April 17th, 2008 09:35 AM

lol awwwww thanks guys

hehehe i didnt tell anyone cuz i did it on a whim and it wasnt the clearest picture. Also I went into to full exam mode right after so i didnt really have time to vote myself, hence my poor baby had no votes :sad: Plus I was actively voting for Maggie ;) I know if i put some effort in and sent out an email now I could get him like a 100 votes but...people already think im the crazy cat lady :laughing::crazy:

but thank u guys!!! :D At least I can tell him he got some votes, lol. I was gonna have to keep him away from the computer with his no votes :rolleyes:

i have to go him a bath now, he has poop stuck to the tail!!! the glorious tail :eek: I tried to get it off with wipes but just not working...sorry bud. Sometimes u just have to curse alll that flooof, the poopies get embedded :p:laughing::wall:

Jim Hall April 17th, 2008 09:43 AM

GOOTTA TRIM THAT BUTT sriously had a long hair meezeer mix that gpoot trimmed abobout once a month esp in the cold months .

onster April 17th, 2008 09:47 AM

but i like his floof...its a bit of love hate relationship :D:laughing:

trim it just with scissors?

onster April 17th, 2008 09:48 AM

y especially in the cold months? :confused:

Jim Hall April 17th, 2008 10:36 AM

yup scissirs just around that area make a nice escape route

Love4himies April 17th, 2008 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=onster;581161]

i have to go him a bath now, he has poop stuck to the tail!!! the glorious tail :eek: I tried to get it off with wipes but just not working...sorry bud. Sometimes u just have to curse alll that flooof, the poopies get embedded :p:laughing::wall:[/QUOTE]

I purchased professional quality hair sissors for Puddles and Jasper, they work really well to cut the fur.

chico2 April 17th, 2008 04:03 PM

Every time I read about that little guy,I have to laugh,OMG what a little troublemaker he is and now he has to have a bath...oh no:laughing:
Vinnie has a lot of fluff around his privates,I just wait until it dries:yuck:and the brush it out,I find it gets messier if you try a wet cloth.
I have never in my life with cats,had a cat that chews wires,Bunduk must be really special:laughing:

onster April 17th, 2008 05:55 PM

I tried wet tissue but then I just ended up with tissue bits in the fluff :o so then I tried a wet towel (sorry mom) but still didnt work....but he ran away from me and into the bathub :evil: muahahahahah.........except now I have all these scratches ...:eek:

It definately would be easier to let it dry but then he might smear it somewhere and since he's mostly on the beds thats kinda gross :yuck:

oh and i had no idea cats could have behavioural issues b4 bunduk, boy did i have a wakeup call :eek::D:crazy::laughing:

onster April 17th, 2008 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;581232]I purchased professional quality hair sissors for Puddles and Jasper, they work really well to cut the fur.[/QUOTE]

do u mean hair human hair scissors or pet grooming?

Thing is i did try to clip some of bunduks fur before when he was younger (always had diarhea) but it was so hard to cut :shrug:. I have a pair of scissors meant for cutting human hair :thumbs up

TeriM April 17th, 2008 06:33 PM

Silly bundak, stay away from those cords :eek:.

I shave my cat Fred's butt every few months. I have a set of pet clippers and just carefully reduce the hair volumn around his but down to about where his belly meets his legs. You can't really even notice that the fur is missing but it sure makes for a cleaner butt area :D.

Jim Hall April 17th, 2008 08:08 PM

didnt know cats could have behavioral issues ? girl have you been lucky

We had gotten the siamiase mix a pretty close clip and when it grew where it was interfering we would take a very sharp hair scissors and cut it back

IT really wasnt that hard and it relly didnt look that different at all