Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Rudy...needs a home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74214)

cpietra16 December 26th, 2010 12:04 PM

Rudy...needs a home

1 Attachment(s)
This little guy showed up at my friends doorsteps...cold, and hungry. He is probably around 2 or 3years old....We think his front left toe is broken because he limps, and he isn't neutered. He is so skinny you can see his ribs. He's So sweet though...you can take a bone right out of his mouth. Can anyone help! He seems to understand french and is very well behaved.

14+kitties December 26th, 2010 01:00 PM

:grouphug: to your friend for taking him in. So sad he is out on his own at this time of year. So cold outside. I hope he finds his home soon. :fingerscr

cpietra16 December 26th, 2010 01:35 PM

Just wanted to add that my friend can not keep him and may have to send him to the SPCA; she is leaving for NY for the holidays and needs to find a foster at least until she gets back.
I do feel uncomfortable with cats going to the SPCA just because there are so many and usually are put down, however not sure how lucky dogs are at the SPCA? do you think he will be safe?
...and they have tried to find the owner, but my friend feels that this dog has been mistreated ..his collar was almost in his skin it was so tight.

rainbow December 26th, 2010 03:46 PM

Oh my, the poor boy. :( :grouphug:

I hope someone will be able to help. :fingerscr

rainbow December 26th, 2010 03:55 PM

Cpietra, I just emailed luckypenny to ask her to reply as she would be the best person to ask. Well, BenMax too but she went to her fiancee's for the holidays.

I'll also send LP a pm in case she logs on here before checking her emails.

luckypenny December 26th, 2010 04:54 PM

He will certainly be safe at the Montreal SPCA. Yellow Labs with great temperaments are always in demand. They also work with many reputable/responsible rescues.

What did your friend do to try to find his owners? Was he scanned for a chip? I have to caution to be extremely careful when assuming a dog has been abused/mistreated. A dog could be naturally skittish, shy around strangers, or fearful of certain noises/objects because he/she is not used to them. This dog could also have been recently adopted from another family or from a pound/shelter...or he could have been on the run for a while now. His family could be distraught looking for him :shrug:.

cpietra16 December 26th, 2010 06:11 PM

The dog is not skittish, my friend said that his collar was so tight, almost like they never removed it since he was a small dog...I know they asked around the area if anyone lost a dog and went door to door. It looks like the dog has been on his own by how he looked when they found him.
As for a chip...not sure. The only thing they are sure about is his temperment...very good and he is intact...

cpietra16 December 26th, 2010 06:17 PM

Just got a message from my friend and they found him a home...not sure if it is temp. or perm. I will call her later and ask more questions.

rainbow December 26th, 2010 06:41 PM

Glad the dog is safe :thumbs up ....keep us posted. :fingerscr

BenMax December 27th, 2010 10:29 AM

Please let me know the status. If required we can get him into a rescue in Ontario.

hezbglad December 27th, 2010 07:04 PM

You can also contact rosie's animal adoption or animatch.ca, both take in abandoned/lost dogs and keep them until they find a home.