Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New rescue. arrived about 1 1/2 hour ago (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83183)

Koteburo January 4th, 2013 03:20 PM

New rescue. arrived about 1 1/2 hour ago

Hi guys
I'm still visiting Mexico and I get no rest. My parents found a kitten at the market
He's alert and responsive, eyes clear (just with sleep and some dirt) and ate but he's dirty, exhausted and I can see he's in some pain, not enough not to eat but enough to cause him a constant spasm, except when he sleeps. Right now he's deeply asleep and at ease. It's past 1 pm and I'll be taking him to the vet at 4.
I've been told he was hit by a bicycle earlier, his condition is not critical at the moment and there are no visible injuries however I am concerned and have him warm in a big carrier resting behind closed doors and keping an eye on him until we go to the vet.
Please send all your good thoughts this way so we can pull him through this. My first concern is his health and once that's clear we'll find him a home.

God I'm so worried. I love them always at first sight.

sugarcatmom January 4th, 2013 05:54 PM

Aww, what a big heart you have! Thank you for looking out for the little guy, and my fingers will be crossed that there's nothing serious going on with him. :fingerscr

Dog Dancer January 4th, 2013 06:13 PM

Koteburo, bless you and your parents for caring for this little soul. I'm sure with your love he'll pull through fine and then wind up in a furever home. :pray::goodvibes:

Winston January 4th, 2013 07:18 PM

Sending all my positive vibes and prayers for him. Bless you for taking him and keep us posted....:grouphug: :thumbs up

Koteburo January 4th, 2013 07:33 PM

Thank you so much.
We're back from the vet. He didn't find anything severe except he has a lot of worms and some constipation (yes, again) the shaking or spasm could be due to the constipation. He told me to wait with the deworming medicine and that might help him go poop if not he'll be on lactulose. The little guy is so dirty he needs a bath, but not today, too soon, too much stress.
The kitten's about 3 or 3 and a half months.
He just ate again. I'm giving him small meals to prevent any reaction I don't know when was the last time he ate so better safe than sorry.
I'll keep focusing on the positive and we'll get through this, the cow and me and then his furever home.
I'll keep you posted.:goodvibes: :pray: ♥

angeldogs January 4th, 2013 09:28 PM

Thats good everything went well at the vet other then having worms and constipation. Poor thing that age and on his own.he's lucky to have found a wonderful caring human.

Koteburo January 4th, 2013 10:01 PM

Now I'd like to ask you for a tip, this time for me.
I worry a lot, seriously, a lot. I try to remain as calmed as possible however inside me there's this whirlpool of worry that thinks what if this, what if that.
My little cow kitteh here is stable however I always worry so, so much.
How can I handle this a bit better?
I know there is no way not to worry at all. I care so much about them it wouldn't be possible but a way that it's not so extremely hard on me.
I've seen a big share of pain and terrible things so now I am so wary.
Right now I think there's something telling me it'll be all right but at the same time I feel as if someone was squeezing my heart inside a fist.
Last time when the other rescued kitten (she's still here and doing excellent) got sick I couldn't eat, barely slept and my heart was always extremely heavy.
I think I need help to learn how to handle this better than what I do now.
Any ideas?

angeldogs January 4th, 2013 11:38 PM

[QUOTE=Koteburo;1051802]Now I'd like to ask you for a tip, this time for me.
I worry a lot, seriously, a lot. I try to remain as calmed as possible however inside me there's this whirlpool of worry that thinks what if this, what if that.
I know there is no way not to worry at all. I care so much about them it wouldn't be possible but a way that it's not so extremely hard on me.
Right now I think there's something telling me it'll be all right but at the same time I feel as if someone was squeezing my heart inside a fist.
Last time when the other rescued kitten (she's still here and doing excellent) got sick I couldn't eat, barely slept and my heart was always extremely heavy.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way when it comes to my animals.or not mine or things in general. You need to find a way to release the stress and worry.exercise,meditation etc.I try to exercise and have more fun. in 2011 when i was down south on a load and thought i was having a heart attach and was in a hospital in springfield mo.even the doctors thought i was having or had a heart attack and after all was said and done heart was fine.it was all caused by extreme stress and worry.

You need to take care of yourself as well.it scared the crap out of my family and friends.

Koteburo January 5th, 2013 04:44 PM

Thank you angeldog. I tried breathing deep from my belly today in the morning but I do know I need to implement some meditation and exercise to deal with my apprehensiveness.

Today our little cow is very playful and with a healthy appetite. Last night he sort of pooped but it was more gas than poop. Also caused by the parasites and the deworming meds.
Anyway we've realized HOW LOVING is is, extremely sweet and grateful.
He'll be out for adoption as soon as he finishes his deworming treatment.
I introduce to you...
Etienne Jr.! (One of my greatest cat loves has been my cat Etienne and he was a cow cat as well hence the Etienne Jr.)

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407778_4782133665040_1709583247_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/196958_4782024342307_694644669_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/385293_4782024582313_365837347_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318006_4782024462310_288678121_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/580506_4782024942322_626798102_n.jpg[/IMG]
Keep those good vibes coming Etienne Jr. and me need all the best thoughts and intentions we can get so we can place him successfully and soon in a responsible home.

pbpatti January 5th, 2013 05:21 PM

Sending good wishes to you for a calmer time. I am a TTouch Practioner for companion animals but the technique works for people also. Breathing is the biggest thing, we hold our vreathe without even realizing what we are doing.

I am attaching a description of how to do Heart Hugs, these will help to calm you. Try it. Good luck and thank you for looking after this beautiful kitten.

[url]http://en.tellington-ttouch.org/content/ttouch-heart-hugs-step-step[/url]

angeldogs January 5th, 2013 06:39 PM

Your welcome and what a super cute face.i dont think there will be any problem finding a forever home for Etienne jr.

Koteburo January 8th, 2013 04:43 PM

I'm going to give the TTouch a first try today :) Never heard about it before but sounds like something I could certainly use and my animals as well.
I also started with an exercise routine. Nothing too harsh since I'm out of shape but a bit of cardio and toning. Hopefully thatīll bring many benefits including helping with anxiety for my animals.

Barkingdog January 8th, 2013 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=Koteburo;1051802]Now I'd like to ask you for a tip, this time for me.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

yoga is a great way to help with stress . I love the the little black dot on the kitten nose.

marko January 9th, 2013 08:00 AM

You have the hugest heart koteburo :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:
Such a cute kitty!

Koteburo January 12th, 2013 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1051993]yoga is a great way to help with stress . I love the the little black dot on the kitten nose.[/QUOTE]
:lovestruck:Me too :laughing:

And I love all the cowness haha he's getting bigger and stronger every day.
He got a home with my brother's gf as soon as she comes back fromFinland in February. Im so happy for my little cow

pattymac January 12th, 2013 07:48 PM

oh he is adorable!! He's got a permanent hat!! Is he a bit cross eyed!? :)

Barkingdog January 12th, 2013 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=pattymac;1052136]oh he is adorable!! He's got a permanent hat!! Is he a bit cross eyed!? :)[/QUOTE]

It looks like he is trying to see what that black dot on his nose is!
I was thinking that too if he was a bit cross eyed. That is his Mickey Mouse hat!

Koteburo January 13th, 2013 10:22 PM

Yeah, he'slightly crossed eyed and I think that gives an innocent expression to his face. As I type this I have him cuddling with a loving ginger tabby (Boris) on my lap and Yoshimi on my side. We're all warm and cozy :p
Little black dot for the win.

hazelrunpack January 19th, 2013 10:01 PM

What awesome news, Koteburo, and what a little sweetheart! He's a very lucky little kitty to have joined your family! :cloud9:

Koteburo January 21st, 2013 01:02 AM

Pic of our little cow taken yesterday while taking his daily sun bath :cloud9:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/32157_10151388597710140_495120582_n.jpg[/IMG]

pattymac January 21st, 2013 01:36 AM

I love his little black toes!!

hazelrunpack January 21st, 2013 11:31 AM

:lovestruck:

pbpatti January 21st, 2013 11:50 AM

Thanks for the updated pictures, she is a real beauty! Did the Heart Hugs help with your anxiety?

angeldogs January 21st, 2013 07:50 PM

Looking all cute happy sun bathing

Koteburo January 22nd, 2013 12:05 AM

Yesh! What a cutie he is. It's going to be so tough the separation for me, from the cow, the dinosaur (Thelma) and the Tepic crew (in Mexico) My 18 year old goddess, Yoshimi, Misty, Fibrizo, Latis, Boris, Saburo, Santi. I plan on coming back in less than a year but last time I took too long and I lost Etienne, Rui and Paye and I can't recover from that couldn't even say goodbye.
My senior Hilda I'm thankful for every day we get to spend with her and with some luck we'll get to share a couple of more years. She's an oak.
Anyways the very thought of leaving them again brings tears to my eyes (they're in good care though) so I better keep practicing the heart hugs, it has helped. I was so worried what if this, what if that with the kittens but the heart hugs have helped :)

marko January 22nd, 2013 08:26 AM

awww what a sleeping beauty.

growler~GateKeeper January 23rd, 2013 12:38 AM

Etienne Jr. is so adorable :lovestruck:

The colour pattern (like tabby is a colour pattern) he has is called Van. Where the cap, ears, tail & a spot or two on the body is coloured & the rest of the body is white.

My late cat Mischief was a Siamese mix she had Van Calico colouring :lovestruck:

Koteburo January 23rd, 2013 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1052612]Etienne Jr. is so adorable :lovestruck:

The colour pattern (like tabby is a colour pattern) he has is called Van. Where the cap, ears, tail & a spot or two on the body is coloured & the rest of the body is white.

My late cat Mischief was a Siamese mix she had Van Calico colouring :lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Love learning new things about cats :3

Koteburo January 31st, 2013 06:25 PM

[B][SIZE="5"]Thelma the Dinosaur and Etienne Jr. The Cow 3 days ago. They're great pals.[/SIZE][/B]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/74161_10151404175870140_1182533101_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/64927_10151404231610140_1407660021_n.jpg[/IMG]

Barkingdog January 31st, 2013 07:54 PM

QUOTE=Koteburo;1052490]Pic of our little cow taken yesterday while taking his daily sun bath :cloud9:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/32157_10151388597710140_495120582_n.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:cloud9: He look like he has settle in very nicely , he is a really pretty cat.
I did not see the photo of your two cats sleeping together , that is really sweet.