Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New Grand Dawg (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83530)

Dee-O-Gee February 26th, 2013 10:22 PM

New Grand Dawg

3 Attachment(s)
As I do not have any Grand "human" children yet, I'm so pleased to introduce my newest Grand Dog "Layla" to our family.

Layla was adopted by my daughter and son-in-law from a shelter in Virginia and is a Great Pyrenees. Once they adopted her, she was scheduled the next day for her spay. While the operation was successful, the director of the humane society pulled my SIL aside to advise she tested positive for heart worm. :(

The shelter will be covering all the expenses to remedy the heart worm treatments but they have to wait 3 weeks until she heals from her surgery.

So far, she's having a great time in her new forever home with her best girlfriend, Zoey.

Without further adieu, here's Layla:

[ATTACH]79153[/ATTACH]

Layla with her cone of shame and Zoey having a little play

[attach]79150[/attach]

Snuggle time. They blend so well now. :cloud9:

[attach]79151[/attach]

Jull February 27th, 2013 09:07 AM

What a beautiful baby! :cloud9: I am sure she will get better soon :thumbs up

hazelrunpack February 27th, 2013 10:36 AM

She's gorgeous! I hope the heartworm infestation isn't too bad! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

How old is she?

marko February 27th, 2013 10:42 AM

Congrats D-O-G! She's a beaut :highfive:
Time to crack open a bottle of bubbly :D

Dog Dancer February 27th, 2013 01:12 PM

Oh she's beautiful! I sure hope the heartworm treatment goes well for them. :goodvibes: She's a lucky pup.

Sylvie February 27th, 2013 09:02 PM

What a cutie. Congratulations. Looks like they will be the best of friends.

Dee-O-Gee February 27th, 2013 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1054409]

How old is she?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"][I]She's 7 months old Hazel. Read up on heartworms and it take 6 to 7 months before larvae matures into adult heartworm so we're hoping that the results are just the onset of the infection and can be remedied quickly. :pray:
[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=marko;1054413]Congrats D-O-G! She's a beaut :highfive:
Time to crack open a bottle of bubbly :D[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"][I]Gonna save the bubbly (or a few beers) when they visit back in Canada. It'll be an interesting household with the Grand Dawgs, Gryphon, Mollie, Bella and Kitty all under 1 roof! :wall:[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1054422]Oh she's beautiful! I sure hope the heartworm treatment goes well for them. :goodvibes: She's a lucky pup.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"][I]Thanks DD. She's truly beautiful and couldn't of landed in the arms of better people. :angel:[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Sylvie;1054442]What a cutie. Congratulations. Looks like they will be the best of friends.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="red"][I]Thanks Sylvie. Zoey and Layla hit it off immediately and are so blessed with each other. My daughter and her husband take them where ever they go and love to hike and walk so Layla will be in heaven and able to use her double dew claws! :thumbs up[/I][/COLOR]

Dee-O-Gee February 27th, 2013 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Jull;1054402]What a beautiful baby! :cloud9: I am sure she will get better soon :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jull. We're all thinking positive and once Layla recovers from her surgery, she'll be able to fight these little heart worm varmints! :evil: