Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Loving homes needed for 5 babies (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8562)

hunnybunns October 22nd, 2004 03:43 PM

Loving homes needed for 5 babies

4 Attachment(s)
In the summer, my neighbors abandonned their pregnant cat. I took her in, and she had two beautiful babies, Tubby and Thumbies. They are now 14 weeks old. Before I could get mommy to the vet, she disappeared. I found her last week pregnant again. I was able to clean her up, and I am making sure she does not get out, so she and her new babies will be safe. Last week, a friend found a mommy cat with 3 new kittens(maybe a week or two old), caught them, and brought them to me. The mom, I do believe was a housecat, because although she does not like to be touched, she uses the litterbox most of the time, and doesn't hide from my dogs, or other cats. I do not dare touch her kittens, but they look like they are healthy, and she seems to be taking good care of them. I already have 4 cats of my own(3 were found outside) and 2 dogs. In the past, I have been able to find good homes for the cats I have taken in, but I have been trying for weeks, without success. I have grown very attached to the older babies, and want to make sure they go to stable loving homes, where they will be sterilised, and kept inside. If we didn't have 11 cats with more on the way, in a 51/2, I would gladly keep them all. Unfortunately, I can't. I desperately need help finding homes for the babies, and moms.

Joelle October 22nd, 2004 03:58 PM

Hunnybunns,

Where are you located? That might help..since alot of people on this board are from all over the place. Also, you might want to add your email so people can contact you! :D

Good Luck finding a home for all your beautiful babies!!!! :p

Joelle

Lucky Rescue October 22nd, 2004 06:50 PM

Thank you for being so generous and kind, and trying to clean up the mess left by irresponsible morons who should have only pet rocks!!

As you know, every rescue is overloaded with kittens. If you can send me pictures of them, I would be happy to put them on my Petfinder site.

Also make up posters with pics, and put them in every pet store, vet office, etc. Do not offer the kittens FREE.

You can send the pics to me or post them here.

[EMAIL]laurent376@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

I see that you are in Montreal, but yes, we need an email addy.

hunnybunns October 22nd, 2004 07:22 PM

I am in Montreal, Verdun actually, and can be reached @ [email]hhunnybunn68@msn.com[/email] as this is my home email. I have to find someone with a digital camera to take pictures of them. I will post photos as soon as I have them.

The newborns are going to go to vet tomorrow, as they each only have one eye open, and the other eye on all of them look oddly shut. Will the mother cat be upset that I am taking her kittens? She let me touch them earlier, and i don't want to push it, but I am worried about their eyes. Should I take her in the carrier too?

Lucky Rescue October 22nd, 2004 07:48 PM

I would take mom too - she probably needs a checkup as well and maybe deworming.

The eye thing is pretty common - they may have a little infection under the lids. The vet may give you a solution to put on them.

I had a litter of kittens with a very malnourished mother cat, and they all had eye infections. Their eyes didn't permanently open until they were over a month old.

Again, THANK you. We will try to help you in any way we can.

p.s. I grew up in Verdun and know how horrendous the cat problem is there. :mad:

hunnybunns October 25th, 2004 08:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've added photos of Tubby and Thumbies on the original posting. They are both about 15 weeks old, very healthy, loving and playful, although a bit moochy. Tubby is the bigger grey male, with slight striping on his tail. Thumbies is the smaller black female. She has extra thumbs on her front paws, and six toes on each of her back feet. They are both extremely sweet little furballs, and need a good home. They have already been taught not to scratch furniture, not to nip fingers, and not to steal food. They are used to other cats and dogs, and like people. They were taken in by a friend, but she returned them after a day only because of allergies. If you are interested in taking them, you are making a lifelong commitment to caring for and loving them.

I am adding photos of mom2's kittens, as I can now handle them. They are approx. 3 weeks old, two are solid black and one is grey and white. They will also need homes, as will the mom, who I will keep and spay until a good home can be found. They have been to the vet, and are healthy(I got drops for their eyes, which are now open).

Mom1 had her litter of kittens(3) and they are on the small side. I think they were early, but are feeding, as mom spends most of her time with them.