Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anyone have experience with HP LaserJet P2035 Printers? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58922)

hazelrunpack December 9th, 2008 02:20 PM

Anyone have experience with HP LaserJet P2035 Printers?

My old LaserJet 6L just died of old age :rip: and I'm in the market for a new printer. The P2035 looks good on paper, but it's a new model and there are no reviews from users on the site yet. Anyone here ever use one? What did you think of it?

If I order today, I can get one for $180....

aslan December 9th, 2008 02:23 PM

i haven't used that model but both of my printers are lexmark and never had a problem. Ink cartridges are way expensive tho so buy refill kits.

Diamondsmum December 9th, 2008 02:36 PM

Thats a good printer. BUT seeing the minumum specs to run worrys me..

from the HP site:

[QUOTE]Microsoft® Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, Server 2003: 512 MB RAM; 350 MB available hard disk space; Windows Vista®, 32/64: 512 MB RAM, 350 MB available hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, USB port[/QUOTE]

Your PC has 512 of ram.. I IMHO think your pc being slighly older will have issues tho..

BUT an excellent price for it. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack December 9th, 2008 02:58 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! :thumbs up

I have a Lexmark, too, aslan...but I need a laser printer for publications. Curious about the refill kits, though--I go to a cartridge recycling place and they do it for me. :D I've heard the refills are a pita...is it difficult to do?

DM, if I ran the printers one at a time, with only one USB'd in at a time, do you think my PC would have an easier time of it?

aslan December 9th, 2008 03:02 PM

easy easy easy, it comes in a kit, drill a little hole in the top of the cartridge, or atleast the black. fill syringe to proper amount and fill. i find the colour is easier to pop the top right off so you can see each color to fill then tape the lid back on, i have filled mine way more than they say you are supposed to be able too, used to print labels for the dvd cases.:D

Diamondsmum December 9th, 2008 03:07 PM

It could very well end up like that Hazel.

That printer will "hog" pc memory (RAM) so you might have to limit what your also doing on the PC whilest printing.

hazelrunpack December 9th, 2008 03:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up, aslan! :thumbs up I may try that next fill time! :D

[QUOTE=Diamondsmum;709857]It could very well end up like that Hazel.

That printer will "hog" pc memory (RAM) so you might have to limit what your also doing on the PC whilest printing.[/QUOTE]

I have to limit what I'm doing on the PC whilst I'm printing now, so I guess it won't be a big change. :laughing: [SIZE="1"]*sigh* hazel hates technology[/SIZE]

Diamondsmum December 9th, 2008 04:05 PM

PSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Buy memory (RAM):thumbs up

Good luck with it Hazel lools like a great printer.

hazelrunpack December 9th, 2008 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Diamondsmum;709934]PSSSSSSSSSSSSST

Buy memory (RAM):thumbs up

Good luck with it Hazel lools like a great printer.[/QUOTE]

Can't afford it. With Cole's bill tomorrow, we'll be up above $1000 in vet bills this week alone. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the new printer won't impact performance much more than the old one did. :fingerscr