Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can you tell it's getting warmer out? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75295)

14+kitties February 15th, 2011 03:46 PM

Can you tell it's getting warmer out?

2 Attachment(s)
:rolleyes: It's beautiful here today with most of the snow melted off the roof of the "big house" so that's where the kitties are. When I snapped the pic most of them had moved off but Spare Cat, Trey and Ajax were still enjoying the sun. Jupiter was deciding if he wanted to join them. Venus was watching from her enclosure and I can see MiniMo looking out the window of the house.
[ATTACH]72198[/ATTACH]
On the other side there is Li'l Bit on top of the grey's enclosure. Calysta is watching from her high up perch. Spazzy is sitting on the corner of KittyMcKat's home and Tinker is wandering along down on the ground.
They are all loving the fact that it is getting warmer! So is Mommy. :D
[ATTACH]72199[/ATTACH]

Love4himies February 15th, 2011 03:56 PM

Awwwww, kitties enjoying sunshine beams :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9:

It's freezing here today, but by Friday it is suppose to be 9 degrees :thumbs up :D

14+kitties February 15th, 2011 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;985825]Awwwww, kitties enjoying sunshine beams :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9:

It's freezing here today, but by Friday it is suppose to be 9 degrees :thumbs up :D[/QUOTE]

They just said on the news that we may reach double digits by Friday. :eek: It would be a record breaker. :fingerscr Kitties won't want to go inside at all!!

Goldfields February 15th, 2011 06:44 PM

They do look happy to be in the sun. :) Are the trees as well as the "big house" all enclosed, 14+? A good playground if so.
Do cats gets thicker coats in cold countries, like dogs or ponies do? Photo's on this forum always bring odd questions to my mind like that. I assume they might coat up heavily like other animals do when a cold Winter is near.

Tundra_Queen February 15th, 2011 08:45 PM

14+ awwwww what pretty kitties soaking up all that sun!!

dogcatharmony February 16th, 2011 09:15 AM

kitties just love the sun. I had all three of mine fighting the dog for the small patch of sun in the dining room yesterday.

Love4himies February 16th, 2011 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;985850]They do look happy to be in the sun. :) Are the trees as well as the "big house" all enclosed, 14+? A good playground if so.
Do cats gets thicker coats in cold countries, like dogs or ponies do? Photo's on this forum always bring odd questions to my mind like that. I assume they might coat up heavily like other animals do when a cold Winter is near.[/QUOTE]

All her kitties are kept safe & sound.

Oh yes, cats can get quite a thick coat in the winter if they are allowed to roam outside.

pattymac February 17th, 2011 12:30 AM

From the pics it looks almost like they can get outside the fence? They certainly must be enjoying the view from up top!

diandpat February 17th, 2011 08:30 AM

Awwww...so sweet :lovestruck: What a great set up you have for them all. They really do have everything they need.

It has been warm here too and "my" feral cats have been entertaining Ziggy and Zuzu on the back deck too. They do love the sun! Hopefully no more deepfreezes for a while. I can't stand thinking of all the minous stuck outside when it gets so cold.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

14+kitties February 17th, 2011 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=pattymac;986161]From the pics it looks almost like they can get outside the fence? They certainly must be enjoying the view from up top![/QUOTE]

I know. From the angle I took the pics it's a bit deceiving. The surrounding fence is actually about 12 feet or so away from where they are on their perches. No danger of them getting out. But then again they don't show any signs of wanting out. ;) They would be climbing the fence and trying to butt their way out of the top part if they truly wanted out. They don't even climb the trees behind them to try to escape. The trees are used for scratching and for shade in the summer.

[QUOTE=diandpat;986187]Awwww...so sweet :lovestruck: What a great set up you have for them all. They really do have everything they need.

It has been warm here too and "my" feral cats have been entertaining Ziggy and Zuzu on the back deck too. They do love the sun! Hopefully no more deepfreezes for a while. I can't stand thinking of all the minous stuck outside when it gets so cold.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Di. :grouphug: Watching the kitties playing is one of my greatest joys. They are quite entertaining for everyone. I would imagine Ziggy and Zuzu are both loving their free entertainment. We are supposed to go down to minus temps at night next week again but not like the ones from a couple of weeks ago. Good thing my kitties have their nice warm houses to go into.

BTW - I love your signature remembering Ginger and Hobo. I hate you have to have it though. :grouphug:

Dog Dancer February 17th, 2011 05:53 PM

14+ what great pics. Of course kitties and sunshine go together don't they. You don't have problems with kitties wanting to escape - isn't it the other way? They all want to join you!

Rgeurts February 17th, 2011 06:28 PM

What great piccies 14+!!! They look so content to soak up some of that sun! I, however, am jealous :frustrated:
It's -17 (our high!! :eek:) and supposed to be even colder tomorrow!!!
I'm :sick: of winter :yell::mad:

krdahmer February 17th, 2011 06:53 PM

aw nice that the gang is out enjoying the mild weather! :lovestruck: