Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet Stories - anecdotes - jokes (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Tennis ball and the sheet (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73121)

pbpatti October 15th, 2010 11:46 AM

The Tennis ball and the sheet

I want to tell you a story about Sasha's last swimming weekend. This was before her surgery... She loves her toys and balls..

I was doing some trailer cleaning and pulled out two sheets that I use to cover the couch and the bed, I shook them out, Sasha was off her leash and playing with a tennis ball I thought how fun it would be to have her try to get the ball out from under the sheet. The first time she was able to get it out the second time she took off with the ball and sheet in her mouth and started running with it. Absolutly hilarious her pulling this sheet around the area, then she got hot and had to go to the water...yep with the sheet and ball in her mouth down she goes gets wet and pulling the sheet around in the water with her. Before I could get the camera she was up and running again, I got the sheet and hung it out to dry. At least she brought the sheet back out of the water with her I did not have to go fishing for it. She makes me laugh......patti

Dog Dancer October 15th, 2010 02:00 PM

That sounds so funny, too bad you didn't have the camera ready. Did you not have to wash the sheet after she dragged it back to you though?? And yes, thankfully you didn't have to go fishing.

rainbow October 15th, 2010 02:43 PM

LOL ....that would have been a hoot to watch. :laughing:

Chase does that with his ball and the throws that are on the couch ....wonder if it is a goofy lab thing? :D

Dog Dancer October 15th, 2010 02:58 PM

Actually I didn't make the goofy lab connection, but Halo does that too with her toys. She'll have a toy on the floor and she'll bury it in the throw rug that she lays on and then she kicks the rug all over the house while trying to throw the toy around. It does sound like a goofy lab event!

rainbow October 15th, 2010 03:03 PM

Yep, they're always trying to entertain themselves and we're the lucky ones that get to enjoy it too. :D

Love4himies October 15th, 2010 05:38 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I wish you had a camera, that would have been a hoot to see.

pbpatti October 15th, 2010 05:55 PM

It was sooooo funny to watch, I ran to get the camera to try and catch her dragging the sheet up the bank but missed the chance. When she got to the top of the bank I did not want to take a chance that the goof will take it back down to the water and leave it there for me to fish out. Yes had to bring the mucky sheet home to wash before using again.

Maybe next year we will try it again.....:crazy:

Love4himies October 15th, 2010 06:04 PM

You know she won't do it when you have a camera in your hand :laughing:

Sylvie October 16th, 2010 07:35 AM

They sure do keep us laughing. Wish you had had a camera handy :laughing:

My boy Stoney GSD used to like to bury his tennis ball. He would bury it in anything, the leaves outside the brush that I was getting ready to burn, his blanket in the house. He never tried the sheets, thank goodness. :laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack October 16th, 2010 10:48 PM

LOL She thinks big!! So far, the biggest thing the Pack has decided to drag around was a towel I'd put down in front of the door to soak up mud from paws. It ended up down under the pines where the grass doesn't grow, soaking up a lot more mud that it was intended to :frustrated: