Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Peony raids and other fun gardening stuff... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=78018)

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 03:45 PM

Peony raids and other fun gardening stuff...

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie thinks peonies smell mmm-mmmm-nice...
[ATTACH]75184[/ATTACH]

...and taste even better!
[ATTACH]75185[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"]"Macie, step away from the peonies!!!!"

"You, too, Grace!!!!"[/SIZE]
[ATTACH]75186[/ATTACH]
"Aw, shucks, Ma! Yer no fun!"

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 03:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]"This iris looks delish, too! I'm gonna taste it!"
[ATTACH]75187[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75188[/ATTACH]
"Better not, Grace. Mom will be mad!"

[ATTACH]75189[/ATTACH]
"Hmmmm...this one is dead! Maybe we can eat that?"

[SIZE="5"]"Get away from those flowers, you two!!!"[/SIZE]

"Awwww, Mom!"
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 03:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"]Meanwhile, back at the kennel garden...

[ATTACH]75190[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75191[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"]"Ms Macie!! What are you doing over there!?"
[/SIZE]

"Oh. Nuthin', Mom!"
[ATTACH]75192[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 03:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="5"]"What happened to my peonies!?!?!"[/SIZE]

[ATTACH]75193[/ATTACH]
"No clue, Mom!" :o

[ATTACH]75194[/ATTACH]
"Peonies? What peonies?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]The preceding peony raid was brought to you by
the Hazel Run Pack
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

chico2 July 23rd, 2011 03:56 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:soooo funny Hazel,they could eat my flowers any day!

breeze July 23rd, 2011 03:59 PM

maybe they think that they are :evil:evil aliens come to take over "their" land..
AND the pack must stop them from invading..

yup.. takes another look... yup

that's what it looks like in my eyes..:D

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;1018929]:laughing::laughing::laughing:soooo funny Hazel,they could eat my flowers any day![/QUOTE]

They would, too! :p :D

[QUOTE=breeze;1018931]maybe they think that they are :evil:evil aliens come to take over "their" land..
AND the pack must stop them from invading..

yup.. takes another look... yup

that's what it looks like in my eyes..:D[/QUOTE]

:eek: You may be on to something there, breeze! The Pack is only trying to keep me safe. :lovestruck: They love their Mum. :cloud9:

:laughing:

Goldfields July 23rd, 2011 09:17 PM

Well, how could you stay mad at such beautiful dogs? The petal on the lip was a dead giveaway. LOL. Gee, the irises and peonies look lovely together, Hazel, or they did. Are any surviving?

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 09:18 PM

They're all still lush and green, but the blossoms are, alas, spent...or eaten! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper July 23rd, 2011 11:18 PM

Macie :lovestruck:

:laughing: Love the look on Gracie's face :laughing:

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018925][ATTACH]75188[/ATTACH]
"Better not, Grace. Mom will be mad!"[/QUOTE]

hazelrunpack July 23rd, 2011 11:29 PM

That one cracked me up, too, growler! She gets such a sly look when she's about to get into trouble! :laughing: It's a dead giveaway. :D

Dee-O-Gee July 24th, 2011 01:02 PM

Don't ya know that flowers are enriched with vitamin D?

Vitamin D = Dogs! :D :lightbulb:

Great story line for great photos, Hazel.

Always a treat. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack July 24th, 2011 03:01 PM

I always get my minimum daily requirement of Vit Dog :angel: :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed the raid, DOG! :D

Dog Dancer July 26th, 2011 10:46 AM

Hazel, yet another fabulous story and pics. I was laughing out loud at the end of the series, the petal in the mouth is a dead giveaway! :laughing: Your pack obviously keeps you guys fully entertained. So beautiful always.

hazelrunpack July 26th, 2011 10:55 AM

Thanks, DD. And I think I might have found a hollyhock survivor in the garden! :eek:

Dog Dancer July 27th, 2011 12:06 PM

Hey, now that you say that I realize I don't have any hollyhocks in my yard this year!! What's with that? Do they die off after a year or two? I thought they just kept coming back year after year.

hazelrunpack July 27th, 2011 12:17 PM

I don't know. :o This is the first one that's ever survived long enough to get more than 3 inches high... :p Are they biennial, maybe? Foliage one year, bloom the next, then reseed? Some of my rudbeckia seem to be like that--the black-eyed susans seem to only show up every second year :shrug:

Dog Dancer July 27th, 2011 01:33 PM

Well I googled hollyhocks and I didn't even know there were two different kinds. Guess I'm going to have to seed the beds again. Now that I know they're missing I miss them! But I also saw several notes that said people's dogs were digging up the bulbs and eating them and getting very sick, so be careful HRP. They didn't seem to think they were toxic, but they do apparently upset tummies quite badly.

CsqU4r3d July 27th, 2011 02:42 PM

Love the last shot...sitting there all demure and proper like "who moi?":crazy::laughing::laughing::D

hazelrunpack July 27th, 2011 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1019279]I also saw several notes that said people's dogs were digging up the bulbs and eating them and getting very sick, so be careful HRP. They didn't seem to think they were toxic, but they do apparently upset tummies quite badly.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Thx for the warning! It's in the fenced garden so should be okay, but once in a blue moon there's a break-in. I'll add it to my list of things to check once the perps have been removed from the restricted area. :)

[QUOTE=CsqU4r3d;1019286]Love the last shot...sitting there all demure and proper like "who moi?":crazy::laughing::laughing::D[/QUOTE]

They're all just innocent :angel:s, aren't they? :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee July 27th, 2011 09:08 PM

Hollyhocks like Foxgloves are Biannual flowers. They have green foliage one year and bloom flowers the next.

I had Hollyhocks years ago and the flowers came the next year but nothing after that. This year, I planted foxglove with large blooms so I'll have to see if anything happens to them next year. Not sure? :shrug: