Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed bans - BSL - Pit Bull bans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Demo At Queens Park Taking Place! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8418)

pitbulliest October 19th, 2004 12:13 PM

Demo At Queens Park Taking Place!

Spread the word guys..we have an official demo taking place at Queen's Park in Toronto, ON.

The web sight encourages you to bring the whole family, including your
dog. Use your common sense. If your dog isn't used to big crowds or is
likely to provide the media with a nice clip of a snarling, drooling
pit bull - Leave it at home! I would probably encourage people not to even take their dogs.

Here's the link to the demo info:
[url]http://www.goodpooch.com/home.htm[/url]

mastifflover October 19th, 2004 12:57 PM

I think the demo is a great idea, Bad idea bring the dogs. I will not attend the demo because the dogs are there. This is a disaster waiting to happen. One idiot with his aggressive dog shows up and goes after another dog or worse a child, that is the only thing that will make the news and so much for having this law repealled before it even becomes a law. We need to be responsible and this means leaving our dogs at home not in a crowded enegized surrounding. I emailed the group putting it on and voiced my opinion and I think it would be prudent for all of us to do this. This could be a great demonstration or an absolute disaster.

Luvmypit October 19th, 2004 01:10 PM

If there is always gonna be a reason not to go then why bother . You have to try. whether you apart of itor not your voice is important to us

mastifflover October 19th, 2004 01:14 PM

I would have but one incident and it will happen I dont mean to be negative but some idiot is going to ruin it for everybody and that is the only thing that will be mentioned. I don't think MB needs more one sided ammo

pitbulliest October 19th, 2004 01:22 PM

If you have any concerns, call the number on the website and tell them how you feel. Maybe they'll post another advertisement banner that says people should be careful with their dogs.

The information is on the Toronto Humane Society as well. A whole page dedicated to this demo.

I urge you to go..the more responsible people we have, the better. I'm sure that if a dog is there and it looks a little 'mean', one of us will let the person know that the dog should go home.

sammiec October 19th, 2004 01:26 PM

I know all of us here think that our dogs are great and would never do anything wrong. This issue needs as much POSITIVE media attention as possible. Why risk that? Dogs should remain at home. Period.
There is a great chance that one dog could react to the surrounding. There will be ALOT of emotion running through there; that one dog can set off a fenzy that could be the nail in the coffin. Please reconsider your plans to take your dogs. I too have emailed them and voiced my opinion. No dogs.

pitbulliest October 19th, 2004 01:56 PM

yeah its a good thing that we know not to bring our dogs..but not everyone knows that..I'm sure there are alot of people trafficing through the Humane Society website...and they aren't getting much of a warning from anyone..yikes.

Like I said, when we're there, and if we see anything suspicious, it would be a good idea to warn the owner..for their dogs sake, their sake, and US.

Oh by the way..my supervisor at work didn't want to give me Saturday off so I quit lol..I'm a JOBLESS STUDENT LIVING ON GOVERNMENT LOANS WOO HOO
lol :thumbs up

sammiec October 19th, 2004 02:39 PM

Here's the email I received from the organizers.

[I][quote]Dear Sam,

A few other people have made the same suggestion about having this be a humans-only affair and we're starting to think that'll be a good idea. We'll try to get the word out that if anybody really wants to bring their well-behaved dog we won't stop them, but we'll encourage people to leave their dogs home. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for your request for more information, this is what we have so far. The demonstration will begin on Saturday at 12 noon and should last for about an hour to two hours maximum. It will take place on the south lawn of Queen's Park (at the corner of College and University, in front of the legislature building). We're estimateing that it's going to be a relatively small gathering of people - probably only a couple of dozen at most. We'll give a short speech about alternatives to breed-specific legislation and how that'll promote public safety. We will also open the floor to those who wish to speak (ie give opinions, testimonials about thier good dogs). I hope that answers your question, if you have any suggestions or any more questions, please write back. See you Saturday[/quote] [/I]

LL1 October 19th, 2004 02:53 PM

I'm glad you raised it with them - it's too bad they didn't say no dogs period from the start.

pitbulliest October 19th, 2004 07:35 PM

LL1..yeah that's why I'm encouraging everyone to write them back..as well as the Toronto Humane Society..and update the advertisement for the demonstration...to clearly write that NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED..
in case new people are looking at the information and bring their dog...

seeker October 19th, 2004 07:45 PM

Sam can you post the link to guy that replied to you I would like to contact him for some more info . I want to post flyers in the Newmarket area . Thanks

seeker October 19th, 2004 09:29 PM

It's OK I found it .

Dukieboy October 20th, 2004 08:34 AM

Flyer Changed

Demo Ad has been changed at goodpooch. Could someone please cut and paste the link to the page the the Humane Society has posted re the demo because I can't find it. Thx

sammiec October 20th, 2004 08:40 AM

Here's the lastest Demo information:
[IMG]http://www.goodpooch.com/images/demonstration.jpg[/IMG]