Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Help! with a PDF document (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60283)

badger January 27th, 2009 09:00 PM

Help! with a PDF document

So I am making a claim for a friend of mine who consistently fed his cat one of the tainted pet foods and lost her in the space of two days in the summer of 2006. She had a terrible death. It's hard to say if the food was to blame, but I'm going on the assumption that it at least played a part.

So the law firm that's handling this payout sent me forms to fill out, which I planned to send back to them by email since the deadline is midnight tonight. Now I find that the form won't take text! Or at least I can't set it up to take text. Help! I know so little about Adobe and their support site is useless.

I'm running Adobe Reader 9, if that helps.

Diamondsmum January 27th, 2009 09:07 PM

Badger I can surely help you

Can you attach the form here? & I can have a peek?

otter January 27th, 2009 09:18 PM

I'm sure DM can help :thumbs up:thumbs up

or
Badger, there are a couple of programs you can use to do it... Adobe reader doesn't let you unless the pdf was created as a FORM.

You'd have to download a program... would that be OK, I know of one I use at work that I downloaded for free. It isn't perfect but does get job done.

Are you ok with downloading something??
any one know if I can put the program links here??

badger January 27th, 2009 09:18 PM

:laughing::laughing:
Are you kidding?

What if you send me your email and I forward it to you.

I'm OK with downloading, anything that would help.

One thing I should mention is that if I have my cursor in the area where I want to enter information, I right-click and under 'choose tool' - I clicked on the arrow, which I understood would allow me to enter text. Nope. Does that give you any clues?

Diamondsmum January 27th, 2009 09:28 PM

LOL no worries I think so Otter

If not you can edit the post after she gets it

and remove teh link

Badger

Sometime using the TAB key gets you into the spaces

just in case my email in [email]techchic@rogers.com[/email]

otter January 27th, 2009 09:41 PM

Just in case

This is the one I used... just downloaded the free demo version
[url]http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/editor/[/url]

I haven't tried it but this one looks good too
[url]http://www.pdfill.com/freewriter.html[/url]

otter January 27th, 2009 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=badger;739304]
One thing I should mention is that if I have my cursor in the area where I want to enter information, I right-click and under 'choose tool' - I clicked on the arrow, which I understood would allow me to enter text. Nope. Does that give you any clues?[/QUOTE]
Unless you get that "I" kinda icon (like the way your curser looks when you are typing a new post) the document isn't a "form" and you can't fill it in with out using another program.
It drives me crazy that people don't take the time to make their "forms" into real fill in able forms when they create them. I take pdf "forms" and turn them into forms that actually work all the time for people at work... generally you need adobe acrobat to do this really well, once again there are also a couple of freeware programs that sorta work.

Let me know if I can help. Otherwise i'll leave you in DM's hands... she's so good at these things :thumbs up

Diamondsmum January 27th, 2009 09:49 PM

Otter I use that same program :)

No worries girl Ccan we split the pay tho? j/k

badger that will defiantely be easiet

otter January 27th, 2009 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Diamondsmum;739323]Otter I use that same program :)

No worries girl Ccan we split the pay tho? j/k
[/QUOTE]
I want all my pay in Diamond(s)... Diamond kisses will do if that's all you can part with :D:laughing::laughing:

Diamondsmum January 27th, 2009 10:06 PM

LOL Ok deal

badger I will convert it for you & resend it back

asap ok?

badger January 27th, 2009 10:54 PM

I do have Adobe Acrobat.

You guys are the [I]best[/I]. It'll take me about 5 minutes to fill it in. He's only claiming the cost of putting her down and I might be able to squeeze out a few more dollars for their crap food.

Then, I have to send it back. Is that a different problem?

badger January 27th, 2009 11:26 PM

No pressure.

Diamondsmum January 27th, 2009 11:34 PM

awww I feels sooo bad badger :(

hazelrunpack January 27th, 2009 11:38 PM

Can you print it out, fill it out, scan it back in as a .pdf file and email that? :fingerscr

badger January 28th, 2009 12:04 AM

Thanks for trying. I rigged up a Word document with all the information they needed and made the deadline with two minutes to spare. Hope they accept it. Cheers.

Diamondsmum January 28th, 2009 12:06 AM

WHOO HOOOO good job!!