Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   IGA sale on pork roasts (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35477)

technodoll January 18th, 2007 07:33 PM

IGA sale on pork roasts

bone-in meaty goodness, at 0.99/lbs! i'm stocking up this weekend :thumbs up

BMDLuver January 18th, 2007 08:04 PM

Provigo Whole Chickens, $1 a pound.

technodoll January 18th, 2007 08:25 PM

watch out for Provigo... they often have a "limit policy" ie two small chickens max per client :mad: at least the two provigos around here do that all the time. i got so mad, i am boycotting them now :evil:

x.l.r.8 January 18th, 2007 11:03 PM

Loblaws are also doing pork shoulder and leg roasts for 99c/lb. I just got there when they were clearing there shelfs, I guess there is a delivery coming and with no snow there has been little buisness, so we got beef hearts at 1/3 of the usual $2/lb and the same for pork hearts, best deals today were pork hocks $3.30-$3.45 with $3 off coupons and there value pack chicken thighs special $2.14/kg in packs of $5-6 again with $3 coupons. I loaded up and now i'm in a panic, I have left some in a plastic storage bin as it's -11 outside. I need to remove the junk thats been living on my freezer for the past 3 years and make room, Rileys sugestion was to leave it on the kitchen floor and he'll work out a way to store it. :laughing:

technodoll January 18th, 2007 11:22 PM

wow, i want some of those coupons :D

our loblaws don't have any advertised sales for pork, was this a "manager's special"? :o

x.l.r.8 January 18th, 2007 11:34 PM

Actually, now I think about it, I think it was Doninion/A&P, not sure as I was waiting for my wife to have her hair done and I went to all the local supermarkets looking for specials and salad. Anyhow, one of them 2 have the deals, it might even be loblaws for the Pork but I already cleaned out the local IGA and I know A&P are the only other place here to offer hearts. One woman at the checkout asked me how I would cook the hearts, i said I jsut throw them on the mat and if the dog like it warmed up he just breathes on it for a while, she asked about the raw diet and then went and got a few pork hearts as a treat for her dog. I didn't want to venture into the bones part of it all. But she's going to have one happy dog :dog: looking and the bag of kibbles and bits it usually gets. :yuck:

technodoll January 18th, 2007 11:40 PM

:highfive: woohooo! for you taking the time to talk about it, and for that woman to actually listen and try it out! :dog:

x.l.r.8 January 18th, 2007 11:56 PM

It's funny, with my scrubs and a stethoscope around my neck, people think I'm some kind of an authority :shrug:

BMDLuver January 19th, 2007 07:30 PM

Lol TD, the meat guy and I are best buds at my local Provigo so I get away with a few things. Small town grocery stores are easier to manipulate. ;)

technodoll January 19th, 2007 11:41 PM

[QUOTE]Small town grocery stores are easier to manipulate.[/QUOTE]

I also think that the small-town restaurant owners don't all flock to the supermarket to fill their trucks with on-sale meats :eek: ... they do this here in Mtl, hence the qty restrictions on some sale items. many things are better in a small town! :D :crazy: