Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Latest Rescue a PBGV (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54229)

HelenNutmeg July 10th, 2008 11:40 AM

Latest Rescue a PBGV

[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KHR/Wilson/samsung974.jpg[/IMG][/img]

10 months.. Its just sad a cute little basset like this is tagged "bad"

Frenchy July 10th, 2008 11:42 AM

[QUOTE=HelenNutmeg;620940]
10 months.. Its just sad a cute little basset like this is tagged "bad"[/QUOTE]

A Basset ? :confused: This is not a Basset ? :confused: :p

clm July 10th, 2008 11:57 AM

It's a Petit Basset Griffon Vandeen. I don't know, but I think they're French origin? They are adorable dogs.

Cindy

Frenchy July 10th, 2008 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=clm;620944]It's a Petit Basset Griffon Vandeen. [/QUOTE]

Oh ! ok , the name sounds classy :D (maybe a could call Chloe "a petite golden retriever Frenchy") :p

sorry for the off topic. :o

Winston July 10th, 2008 01:23 PM

:sorry::offtopic: But Frenchy maybe you should call her a petite French Goldcock! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Okay Im sorry I have a sick sense of humor!

Cindy

rainbow July 10th, 2008 01:32 PM

You two are too funny. :crazy:

The little *Bassett* is adorable :lovestruck: and at 10 months old of course he is *bad* .......all he needs is lots of love and training. :thumbs up

I hope he finds the forever home he deserves real soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

BenMax July 10th, 2008 03:01 PM

Very interesting. About 1 month ago I was asked to help someone re-home their PBGV. I contacted the US and got a hold of a chair person that has someone here in Canada and one in Vermont. They worked extremly fast and was able to find a home. They are very strict with this breed and tracked the breeder who in turn agreed to have them re-home on his/her behalf. Apparently this breed, though rare and very particular have leaked out in the 'puppy mill' stream. There is one dog that was sold and then purchased by a 'bad breeder' in Minnisota if memory serves me correctly.

I do know that they have one best in show about 2 years ago, so I am certain that they will be popping up in the system very shortly. This breed certainly is not for everyone. Hide your rabbits!

Chaser July 10th, 2008 03:45 PM

[QUOTE=clm;620944]It's a Petit Basset Griffon Vandeen. I don't know, but I think they're French origin? They are adorable dogs.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.....have never ever heard of these! What a cutie though! :lovestruck:

Writing4Fun July 11th, 2008 07:54 AM

I wonder why he's tagged "bad"? :confused: Poor little guy. :sad: He's adorable!

BenMax July 11th, 2008 08:15 AM

The PBGV was used to hunt rabbits in Vandee, region of France. They are primarily tracking and hunting dogs. They are not many in North America and certainly not here.

They do not have an official rescue in Canada, however they do have people scattered about the region that do take these dogs and re-home to only those that are familiar with the breed.

coppperbelle July 15th, 2008 06:44 AM

Latest resue

I just visited your web site... again and have fallen in love with Lucky. I have always had a soft spot for Bassets. How old is Lucky? If I could I would seriously consider adopting him however we have a two dog limit in our city. :frustrated: Darn rules.

wdawson July 16th, 2008 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=coppperbelle;623370]I just visited your web site... again and have fallen in love with Lucky. I have always had a soft spot for Bassets. How old is Lucky? If I could I would seriously consider adopting him however we have a two dog limit in our city. :frustrated: Darn rules.[/QUOTE]

i know a way around those rules:D

coppperbelle July 16th, 2008 07:04 PM

Latest recue

[QUOTE=wdawson;624043]i know a way around those rules:D[/QUOTE]

oh ya, how do you get around those rules?:D

Frenchy July 16th, 2008 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=coppperbelle;624133]oh ya, how do you get around those rules?:D[/QUOTE]

You ask someone that lives in a "no limit" of dogs city (hummm .... let's say like Sherrington!) to get you a tag ... :D

coppperbelle July 17th, 2008 11:19 AM

Latest rescue

:laughing: okay, now do you have a way to convince a husband?

Frenchy July 17th, 2008 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=coppperbelle;624389]:laughing: okay, now do you have a way to convince a husband?[/QUOTE]

Easy !

Husband : hey , what's this third dog? :confused:

coppperbelle : nope dear , not a dog , it's only a fur ball from the goldens :shrug:

rainbow July 17th, 2008 12:23 PM

Once hubby sees that cute little guy he wouldn't be able to refuse. :D

coppperbelle July 17th, 2008 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;624396]Easy !

Husband : hey , what's this third dog? :confused:

coppperbelle : nope dear , not a dog , it's only a fur ball from the goldens :shrug:[/QUOTE]

:laughing:I think he is a little smarter than that.

coppperbelle July 17th, 2008 01:39 PM

Latest rescue

[QUOTE=rainbow;624420]Once hubby sees that cute little guy he wouldn't be able to refuse. :D[/QUOTE]

This is true, he is a bigger softie than I am. :D That's why I married him.

HelenNutmeg August 13th, 2008 09:13 AM

Well I found him a GREAT home with another PBGV..

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KHR/Wilson/Jacquieetloulou1025jpgWilsonsnew-1.jpg[/IMG]

and I started blogging for BHRQ..

[url]http://bassethoundrescuechronicles.blogspot.com/[/url]

Lucky got a good home to with a Bouvier Breeder..

BenMax August 13th, 2008 09:31 AM

Helene - congratulations on finding this little one a home. They are little clowns that make fantastic family pets. I have had the pleasure of meeting only one in my life time. Luckily re-homed with well versed PBGV 'parents'.

Again - good to hear all is well.

HelenNutmeg August 13th, 2008 10:45 AM

Thanks.. I'm trying my best for all of them

Frenchy August 13th, 2008 12:22 PM

[QUOTE=HelenNutmeg;639713]Well I found him a GREAT home with another PBGV..

[/QUOTE]

Congratulation Helen ! :highfive:

14+kitties August 13th, 2008 02:21 PM

Great job at finding this sweetie a fabulous forever home!! Keep up the wonderful work you do!!