Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Please HELP Brownie-MTL (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29064)

poodletalk July 25th, 2006 11:42 AM

Please HELP Brownie-MTL

1 Attachment(s)
Poor Brownie didn't have an easy life, Brownie who just gave birth was found in the harsh of winter wondering the streets looking for food. Someone came to Brownie's rescue but it was too late for the kittens, they all died.

When Brownie went to vet for a check-up and to get spayed, she was tested positive for FIV. (She will be tested again in couple of months to make sure it wasn't a false positve)

Besides being FIV positive, Brownie is a sweet healthy petite cat who weighs in at 3.5 pds. She loves belly rubs and being groomed.

Brownie is loosing her foster home as of August 2nd, she needs to be the only cat in the family.

Anyone interested in helping sweet Brownie, please PM me or contact the Steri-Animal Volulnteer who's incharge of Brownies File [email]debra.simpson@mcgill.ca[/email]

CyberKitten July 25th, 2006 10:34 PM

She looks lovely - but I have a multicat household, sigh! I will ask around tho!

chico2 September 2nd, 2006 04:02 PM

Poodletalk,whatever happened to Brownie:confused:

poodletalk September 2nd, 2006 04:43 PM

She's in another foster home, looking for her forever home.

chico2 September 3rd, 2006 07:14 AM

Thank's PT,at least she's in a home,she looks just like my Cookie(:rip: ).
It's probably not easy finding a home for her beeing FIV positive.
In all my years having cats,I've never had any experience with FIV(:fingerscr )I have to read what it's all about.

poodletalk January 18th, 2007 02:20 PM

Brownie is going to loose her foster home in couple of weeks :sad:

Would anyone like to adopt or foster Brownie? She needs to be the only cat in the household.

chico2 January 18th, 2007 04:41 PM

Oh no,not again,poor Brownie:sad:
I would have thought she was adopted by now,what is her problem with other cats in a household?
My Cookie,also a tortie,did not like my 2 other cats,but it was ok,no fights or anything.
Gosh,how stupid am I :o it's probably because of the FIV-problem.

poodletalk January 18th, 2007 04:57 PM

Your right Chico, because she's FIV+ we are having a hard time finding her a home.

heidiho January 18th, 2007 05:09 PM

when you have a cat with fiv what does it entail??why would no one want her because of that??medicine everyday??

chico2 January 18th, 2007 05:28 PM

PT,I have a very old friend a male,who adopted 5 FIV+ cats from HS,they were going to be put down,those five cats are now well up in age and have had a wonderful life.
Poor Brownie,she is so pretty hopefully she'll find a home soon:lovestruck:
If your other cats have had their shots,would it not be ok,to adopt her??

rainbow February 22nd, 2007 02:08 PM

Any updates on Brownie? :fingerscr

JAB July 8th, 2007 11:17 PM

Brownie is still waiting for a forever home. She is such a wonderful girl and a real cuddle and lap cat.