Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ben , another goldy (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44628)

Frenchy September 15th, 2007 01:40 PM

Ben , another goldy

2 Attachment(s)
Ben is looking for a new family after being abandonned by the side of the road. :sad: He is a neutered male , between 8 and 10. He does have difficulty to get back up and go up stairs , he is getting better at it. But has no problem walking and even started running after the ball , always asking me to throw it for him. He is a typical golden : extremely loving , always happy and ... food motivated :laughing: he is great with cats and dogs. He will be going to the vet next week for lump check and x-rays so we will know more about his condition.

He had to be shaved due to having been neglected , either way , he's the cutest thing , looks just like a puppy , don't you think ? :lovestruck:

chico2 September 15th, 2007 04:13 PM

OMG Frenchy is he ever sweet,what a face...what I feel about people like that,cannot be printed:evil:

clm September 15th, 2007 08:44 PM

He's adorable Frenchy. I hope he makes out fine at the vet :fingerscr

Cindy

Frenchy September 16th, 2007 09:15 AM

Thanks Chico2 and CLM , he is too cute ! :cloud9: and adorable , and goofy , and loving and cudly and playfull .... ok I'll stop now ! :p

badger September 16th, 2007 10:55 AM

Who could drive away from that sweet face? :fingerscr for Ben.

JanM September 16th, 2007 12:44 PM

So sweet looking - I do hope he finds his home soon...

rainbow September 16th, 2007 01:15 PM

Awwww....look at that face. :cloud9: He certainly doesn't look his age. :lovestruck: I hope Karma bites his owners in the butt. :mad: GOOD LUCK BEN !!! :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Frenchy September 20th, 2007 08:09 PM

Ben spent the day at the vet and we were all surprise by the results . All the staff tought something was wrong with Ben's hips. But no !!! Everything is fine ! They did x-rays and didn't see anything wrong . Ben simply has no muscles in his hind legs , we think maybe because he could have been tied up in a backyard all his life. So he needs exercise , small amount at a time. And his lumps , all fatty ones !!! So only good news for Ben today !

hazelrunpack September 20th, 2007 08:18 PM

Well how cool is that?! :highfive: Yay, Ben! [SIZE="5"][I][COLOR="Red"]WoooHoooo!!!!![/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh...sorry....I guess I was supposed to say "Well how keee-ewwllll is that?!" to be really 'with it' and 'hip' :laughing:[/SIZE]

But what absolutely wonderful news! :thumbs up :grouphug:

otter September 20th, 2007 09:18 PM

Yeah! for Ben, congrats on the clean bill of health:thumbs up. (and yipee for you too Frenchy, the curse has been lifted:fingerscr)

growler~GateKeeper September 21st, 2007 01:49 AM

Alriiiiiight!! Good job Ben - now all we need is good news in finding a fabulous :cloud9: home for you (after many muscle building walkies :D) <- Jiorji gotta a job for you :D

Frenchy September 27th, 2007 08:38 PM

bump bump , Ben is officialy up for adoption (he will be on our website soon : [url]www.goldenrescuequebec.com[/url] ) and he's doing better and better. He doesn't need my help anymore to come up the 3 stairs from the solarium , he rarely needs my help to get up when on slippery floors (ceramic) and he is 100% on carpet or grass. :thumbs up
He wants to play more and more outside , fetch his ball / Cuz like any other dog :thumbs up even tries to catch Nelly , but she runs a bit too fast for him :D but he looooves steeling her Cuz , when left unattended for a few seconds. He is too funny , a real sweetheart. :lovestruck:

If you know anyone who doesn't want to adopt a puppy , but would like to give a good retirement home for this guy , take small evening walks , please contact me.

otter September 27th, 2007 08:41 PM

Yea! Ben. Someone out there is looking for a guy just like you, here's hoping they find you soon:fingerscr:goodvibes:

coppperbelle September 27th, 2007 09:30 PM

Ben

That is excellent news about Ben. I really didn't think he had much of a future because he had so much trouble walking. I can attest to the fact that he is a real sweetheart and has such a funny character. For an old guy he still loves to play with toys. When he was here he would empty the toy basket everyday. He especially loves balls and will play fetch all by himself. He throws it and then goes and retrieves it, too funny.

rainbow September 27th, 2007 11:47 PM

I missed the update on Bens vet checkup :o but, WOO HOO for the results. :highfive: There has to be someone out there that would love to have him join their family. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Rottielover September 28th, 2007 06:05 AM

I have to say, I was really lucky to have met this handsome fello.
Age, what age, this dog has more energy than my lazy Harley.
He is the sweetest little guy, with lots of love to give.
Frenchy, you have done a great job with him, regaining his stamina, and it greatly shows.
I hope he finds his forever home soon, such a doll. :)

JanM September 28th, 2007 09:09 AM

"If you know anyone who doesn't want to adopt a puppy , but would like to give a good retirement home for this guy , take small evening walks , please contact me."

Ahem....

Frenchy September 28th, 2007 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=JanM;483274]"If you know anyone who doesn't want to adopt a puppy , but would like to give a good retirement home for this guy , take small evening walks , please contact me."

Ahem....[/QUOTE]

:laughing: You know JanM, housing is so much cheaper in Quebec .... :rolleyes:

JanM September 28th, 2007 03:01 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;483313]:laughing: You know JanM, housing is so much cheaper in Quebec .... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: yeah but you don't have an ocean at your doorstep :sad: After all - Goldens do like to swim :D

coppperbelle September 28th, 2007 08:50 PM

Ben

[QUOTE=JanM;483355]:laughing::laughing: yeah but you don't have an ocean at your doorstep :sad: After all - Goldens do like to swim :D[/QUOTE]

We have lakes, rivers and streams and the ocean is only 6 hours away.

JanM September 29th, 2007 09:39 PM

[QUOTE=coppperbelle;483441]We have lakes, rivers and streams and the ocean is only 6 hours away.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gee - only 6 hours away... well, the ocean is about 6 minutes away for me (driving) and one forest walk is about 10 minutes away - walking... and, here's the clincher - there are no stoplights downtown :D

rainbow September 29th, 2007 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=JanM;483809]Oh, gee - only 6 hours away... well, the ocean is about 6 minutes away for me (driving) and one forest walk is about 10 minutes away - walking... and, here's the clincher - there are no stoplights downtown :D[/QUOTE]

:cloud9: :thumbs up :D

Frenchy September 30th, 2007 09:03 AM

Maybe , but there's no Ben in Vancouver , na nananan na na ! :rolleyes:

JanM September 30th, 2007 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;483935]Maybe , but there's no Ben in Vancouver , na nananan na na ! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Frenchy, I laughed out loud!

otter September 30th, 2007 11:50 AM

JanM, you could pick up Ben and move to Wawa - Molly would love some golden friends, we have Lake Superior (ocean like but NO SALT!), all the forest walks you could dream about right at our door step and NO STOP LIGHTS AT ALL, closest one is 3 hours drive!:thumbs up

JanM September 30th, 2007 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=otter;483981]JanM, you could pick up Ben and move to Wawa - Molly would love some golden friends, we have Lake Superior (ocean like but NO SALT!), all the forest walks you could dream about right at our door step and NO STOP LIGHTS AT ALL, closest one is 3 hours drive!:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Now that sounds like a bit of heaven - BUT - yes, there's a but... salt water is a natural flea deterrant AND - you get the dreaded white stuff - SNOW eeek. :D

otter September 30th, 2007 12:57 PM

Hmmmm, fleas not much of a problem if you have chickens (and I can lend you a few) and global warming is taking care of that snow problem:laughing:

:lightbulb:Soooooo, how about we go pick up Ben and deliver him to Ladysmith? I've always loved the west coast!!:D

rainbow September 30th, 2007 01:53 PM

You guys are too funny. :laughing:

JanM September 30th, 2007 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=otter;483995]Hmmmm, fleas not much of a problem if you have chickens (and I can lend you a few) and global warming is taking care of that snow problem:laughing:

:lightbulb:Soooooo, how about we go pick up Ben and deliver him to Ladysmith? I've always loved the west coast!!:D[/QUOTE]

WOW - what a wonderful idea.... I know they don't ship dogs out of province but, hmmm, pick-up eh.... something to think about for sure :D and now I'll have to think about it until the snow that has fallen in the mountain passes on the mainland has melted! That darn stuff :wall:

rainbow September 30th, 2007 02:32 PM

You better hurry up cuz once the snow hits the mountain passes from Hope and eastward, it doesn't go until spring. :D