Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   R.I.P. Shadow (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80578)

Sylvie March 22nd, 2012 08:44 PM

R.I.P. Shadow

3 Attachment(s)
It breaks my heart to have to tell you that my sweet stubborn girl is gone.

I had planned to spend the day outside with Kobe. Shadow went outside in the morning, but did not eat her breakfast. She did not come back in. She lay under a tree and I thought she was enjoying herself. Then she made the weirdest noise I have ever heard. Hubby and I ran to her and she was having trouble standing up. We helped her up and her back legs would not support her. We carried her into the house. She continued to make the horrible noises, not barking or whining. It broke our hearts. We both knew the time had come. Kobe went and lay with her.

We had fourteen wonderful years with her, but still not enough.

A couple of my favourite pictures

luckypenny March 22nd, 2012 10:06 PM

Oh Sylvie, I am so, so very sorry :(. This is such a difficult time for you and your family. You know Shadow was the luckiest girl in the world to have had you to care for and love her :grouphug:.

RIP Sweet Shadow :candle:

BenMax March 23rd, 2012 04:52 AM

Sylvie...:( I don't know what to say. I am so very very sorry.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know that you are in so much pain but know that your animals felt and feel your love and compassion for them.
Be brave.
Strength and Peace to you all. :grouphug:

Beautiful Shadow - run free sweet one. :candle::pawprint:

Winston March 23rd, 2012 05:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My heart breaks as we have lost another sweet soul! and member of our pack. You know my boy will have been waiting for Shadow and I am sure they are running free of pain together with all the others!

I am so sorry you are having to go through such a horirble time right now.

I will be thinking of you and Kobe today. :(

Here is one of my favorites of sweet Shadow!

RIP Shadow! :rip::dog::angel2:

cpietra16 March 23rd, 2012 06:24 AM

Sylvie, please accept my condolences...RIP Shadow. :(
14 years...wow...what wonderful years.

Love4himies March 23rd, 2012 06:42 AM

Oh no, I am so sorry, Sylvie :cry::grouphug:.

:rip: Shadow :candle:

breeze March 23rd, 2012 08:15 AM

I'm sooooo sorry sylvie :(

:grouphug::grouphug:

:rip: run free Shadow

hazelrunpack March 23rd, 2012 08:42 AM

Oh, Sylvie, my heart aches for you. :cry: :grouphug: May your 14 years of memories buoy you up during this time and ease your heart some.

Such a difficult time for you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss :grouphug: You're in my thoughts and prayers.

:candle: Shadow

Sylvie March 23rd, 2012 09:06 AM

Thank you so much my friends, you really do help.

LP I feel we were the lucky ones to have had her in our lives for all those years. Shame on the people that through her out of their vehicle in the country to fend for herself. They missed a lot of love and enjoyment.

RIP my sweetheart

marko March 23rd, 2012 09:37 AM

Please accept my deepest condolences Sylvie, I'm so sorry and I can feel your pain. :sorry:

You gave Shadow GREAT years and you can be very proud of that. It does get easier with time, but not today.

:rip: sweet Shadow :candle:
Sincerely - marko

Dog Dancer March 23rd, 2012 10:06 AM

Sylvie, you know my heart is with you. My Shadow and all our other furfriends will be playing with Shadow today. She will still know love and she will wait for you to join her in due course. She was a very lucky girl really to have been pitched out of that car - look where she ended up. If those horrible people had not thrown her away she would have had a very miserable life. No, I think that was her lucky day - she found her way to you and your love. You know we are all here for you, today as well as always. We care, and we understand. :grouphug::grouphug: RIP sweet Shadow you were a beautiful, beautiful girl.

Rgeurts March 23rd, 2012 07:41 PM

Sylvie, I'm so sorry :cry: :cry:
What a horrible time for you and your family. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you :grouphug:

I know that nothing I could say would be of much comfort. I'm just heart broken for you all. I'd like to think my beautiful Thorin is there waiting for her as well. Please take care, and if you need anything, let me know. :2huggers:

:rip: Beautiful girl :candle:

pbpatti March 23rd, 2012 08:13 PM

Sylvie what a difficult time you must be having not only the illness and loss of one but two furbabies. My heart goes out to you and your family at this time of sorrow. :pray::rip::angel2::angel2::grouphug:

Winston March 23rd, 2012 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thinking of you my friend!

I thought I would share another picture I just love of sweet Shadow.

14+kitties March 24th, 2012 07:31 AM

:candle::rip::candle: Shadow

Sylvie, I am so sorry. I share your pain. :grouphug:

Goldfields March 24th, 2012 10:42 AM

Sylvie, your home must feel almost empty with the loss of both your beautiful Shadow and Kobe. You have our deepest sympathy.

MaxaLisa March 24th, 2012 07:00 PM

I am so very sorry :grouphug:

Rest peacefully sweet girl!

Sylvie March 25th, 2012 07:33 AM

Thank you my friends, you are so right GF it is a very lonely house for everyone.

growler~GateKeeper March 25th, 2012 06:36 PM

I'm so sorry Sylvie :( :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Shadow :candle: She is playing at the [URL="http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html"]Rainbow Bridge[/URL] with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Sylvie March 29th, 2012 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up Shadow's ashes today. She is back where she belongs.

My girl on her 14th birthday.

Dog Dancer March 30th, 2012 10:42 AM

It's such a comfort to have them back home again isn't it. It's still not easy, but it's just good to have them back. :( I haven't buried my Shadow's ashes yet, but I do plan to. Eventually. When I'm ready. Eventually.

Bless you Sylvie for all your caring. Hugs to you as you heal.

hazelrunpack March 30th, 2012 06:41 PM

:grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee March 31st, 2012 03:30 PM

So sorry to hear of Shadow's passing. She sure looks like she not only had a wonderful life but a truly loving family to share it with.

:candle: Sweet Shadow :candle:

:angel2: