Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   MISSING: Champ the Cat (Ile Perrot, Quebec) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30634)

JDG September 12th, 2006 02:09 PM

MISSING: Champ the Cat (Ile Perrot, Quebec)

[SIZE="7"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]THE CHAMP HAS BEEN FOUND THE CHAMP HAS BEEN FOUND THE CHAMP HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.paulgraham.ca/albums/album04/champ.sized.jpg[/IMG]
My Neighbour's cat is missing, (Champ is a DEAD ringer for my cat Marty, and they are buddies - they talk to each other through the window of my basement!!!!)

Champ is very very very friendly, and might have gotten into a car or house if invited.

He doesn't have a collar on. He does not have a tattoo or microchip.

Please crosspost anywhere you can! Please help me find Champ!!!

JDG September 12th, 2006 08:13 PM

We were out looking for Champ again tonight, and no luck.

Please crosspost if you can. . . .

Please help us find The Champ!!! He is very loved and sorely missed!!!

Prin September 12th, 2006 09:56 PM

Good luck! :fingerscr :fingerscr

Melinda September 13th, 2006 09:52 AM

Is Badger anywhere near there? She's feeding a grey stray?

badger September 13th, 2006 10:21 AM

I'm a long way from Ile Perrot, alas.
Hope Champ finds his way home...

BMDLuver September 13th, 2006 11:08 AM

Did you check with Centre Canin du Suroit? He has the cat contract for Ile Perrot I think and if he does get a call for the cat it will head to the SPCA the following morning and right now that's not where you want a cat to be with their recent outbreak of Panleuk.

JDG September 13th, 2006 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=BMDLuver]Did you check with Centre Canin du Suroit? He has the cat contract for Ile Perrot I think and if he does get a call for the cat it will head to the SPCA the following morning and right now that's not where you want a cat to be with their recent outbreak of Panleuk.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my neighbour calls every morning! Still no sign of The Champ!

poor mite!!!

I've emailed every rescue, store and vet office in Quebec I could find an email address for (sorry for anyone on this board that got the email multiple times), put his poster up on all the 'Lost and found' websites I could find, and my neighbour posted posters on Ile Perrot. . . . .

He is such a friendly cat, I can see him going into someone house, or car if he was invited. . . . . .

Is there anything else we can do?
what are the chances of finding him. . . . .

chico2 September 13th, 2006 04:10 PM

There is always a chance you'll find him,or he you,even after weeks of being lost:fingerscr
If he is as friendly as you say,he might very well have found himself another home,no collar,no microchipp,they'd think he's a stray.
If that's the case,hopefully they'll respond to your posters:fingerscr

rainbow September 13th, 2006 11:41 PM

Fingers crossed for Champ's safe return. :fingerscr

JDG September 14th, 2006 08:09 AM

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][SIZE="7"]THE CHAMP HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

I'm so happy to report that The Champ came home last night!!!

He was about 3 blocks away from our street, a wonderful lady brought him in from the rain - and called because she saw the posters hung!!!!

Thank you to everyone who PMed, emailed and posted!!!

happycats September 14th, 2006 08:44 AM

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]YEAHHHHHHH FOR CHAMP![/SIZE]![/COLOR]

so glad this had a happy ending:)

Could have ended much different, I was thinking about Champ this morning when I saw a dead cat on the road .:sad: and thought how very sad, and how sad it will be for the owners once they find out.

badger September 14th, 2006 08:48 AM

YESSSSS!!
So happy for you and your friend and of course Champ.
Small voice: if he is not neutered, please persuade your friend to do it. It really cuts down on wandering, spraying, some cancers, and more cats.
Great news.
See how close he was?

JDG September 14th, 2006 08:48 AM

Thanks Happycats!

I agree!!! Could have been very different. I was so very worrried about him last night because of the cold winds and rain. . . . . . . .

I think The Champ is glad to be home. . . . . .

I'm sure Marty and Minou will be happy to see their buddy again too!!

Again, thank you to everyone!

JDG September 14th, 2006 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=badger]YESSSSS!!
So happy for you and your friend and of course Champ.
Small voice: if he is not neutered, please persuade your friend to do it. It really cuts down on wandering, spraying, some cancers, and more cats.
Great news.
See how close he was?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Badger! Yeah, he was really close. We were concentrating our canvassing the other direction than he was (Murphy's Law, eh) - we were both looking more towards the soccer pitches, school and open fields.. . . The Champ stayed closer to the buildings, houses, appartments and people . . . . .

I'll be sure to pass on the good advice! :)

cpietra16 September 14th, 2006 09:31 AM

I am soooooo happy. What a great end. Welcome home Champ.:pray: :D

rainbow September 14th, 2006 11:39 AM

Great news. Glad Champ is safe at home. :highfive:

chico2 September 14th, 2006 03:42 PM

That's exactly what I was hoping to read opening your post,wonderful news! Thank's![img]http://bestsmileys.com/cats2/11.gif[/img]

JDG September 14th, 2006 03:46 PM

His owner phoned me early this morning to give me the good news. . . .

. . . . .I'm so glad he was found! I was really worried for a bit!

We're going to go over and visit the little traveller tonight.