Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Do not open till Christmas (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22063)

Shamrock December 12th, 2005 04:15 PM

Do not open till Christmas

I went to Petsmart last week, and bought a few small toys for the cats and dog. A few days later - I decided what the heck.. and gave them to them.

This morning, I stopped in at Petcetara to replace these.. decided to get the cats a new scratching post. I wound up with a large cat-tree.. with all the bells and whistles.

Back at home.. I couldnt wait to see how they would like it..so, I lugged it into the house. and now they are all over it.

I still have nothing to give them for Christmas Day.;)
As I dont buy Halloween candies early.. too much tempation for me to eat them.. I think I will have to wait until Christmas Eve to buy more pet gifts. I cant seem to resist the temptation of presenting the goodies ahead of time.

Are your pet gifts still stashed for the big day - or do they have them already?:crazy:

jiorji December 12th, 2005 04:37 PM

yeah same thing happened to me too. I was going to buy them new collars, then one day I happened to be at Moudou and saw this scratch post on sale and i thought to myself "Must.....have...it....now!!" lol It was too cheap to pass up the chance. I bought it for $26 on sale. and Scratching posts this big can get up to $100. I think the girl screwed up when she added the discount.
It would've been hard to hide it with my crazy cats :angel: so i gave it to them as an early Xmas present.

Only furry that hasn't gotten anything yet is my piggy. She'll get a treat for sure :D

jessi76 December 12th, 2005 04:38 PM

I almost didn't open this post until christmas.... hee hee

It's so hard to come home with goodies for them, and not give them to those adorable furry faces... ugh. I have a system... 1 toy for now, 3 for xmas. 1 small bag of treats for now, 2 for xmas... that way I can give in, and still have presents to give them on xmas.

Much more costly this way, but hey, I don't have kids yet - you should see the mound of gifts for my 2 cats and 1 puppy... my bf thought I was nuts until he went to Petco without me... I think the bag he came home with was bigger than mine!

Puppyluv December 12th, 2005 04:44 PM

It's not so much that I have a problem waiting, it's that Layla does. Since I'm bringing her to Calgary over Christmas, I bought some doggy toys to give "From Layla" "To Mia" (my parents' dog) Well, not thinking, I put the toys with all the other gifts I'm bringing home... big mistake.. While I was in the shower this morning, Layla claimed all the presents I got for my parents dog.... :eek: I guess I have to go buy some more

papillonmama December 12th, 2005 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=jessi76]I almost didn't open this post until christmas.... hee hee
QUOTE]

LOL, I wasn't going to open it either, I love Christmas surprises.;)
Honestly, I haven't gotten any Chrismas presents yet, not for furries or peoples, just because of this very problem, I do my shopping last minute because everyone, and I mean [I]everyone[/I], dogs, kids and Daddy too, like to search for their presents leaving me without a surprise to give.

StaceyB December 12th, 2005 06:22 PM

Can't seem to wait either so I will pick them up just before.

joeysmama December 12th, 2005 09:29 PM

I've gone out to buy the gifts twice and both times I gave them to him the minute I got home !:rolleyes: I did pick up one little squeeky toy at the grocery store the other day and I put it away. Later this week I'll make a trip to get more things, when my daughter comes home. I'll put her in charge of them so I'm not tempted AGAIN !!!

The puppy already has more toys than my kids did when they were toddlers. I'm always picking up the playthings !

Prin December 12th, 2005 10:26 PM

LOL I almost didn't open this either.. Shows how undisciplined we are, eh?:D

My doggies (I posted it a few weeks ago) broke into their present stash! And no, I didn't cave and give them their gifts early. Nooo way. We're having a "just us" Christmas day, and my babies are getting their presents then and not a minute sooner. They know exactly where they are though... Every time I open that cupboard, they both come running..

Lissa December 12th, 2005 10:37 PM

:D Ha! Looks like for once, I might be [I]slightly [/I]more disciplined then some!!

I have 2 new toys for Dodger, already wrapped and under the tree with the rest of the presents! I can't put Minnow's there because she'll sniff out the catnip - Dodger is too well-behaved (okay, dopey) to find his:p !!

He has gotten a few pre-Christmas gifts but I tell myself that I already have his presents so I don't need to stash away more...that's my justification for giving him a new harness, a bear bell, a hide-a-squirrel and 2 Advanced Obedience training courses in the last couple of weeks!!:D

Bushfire2000 December 13th, 2005 12:14 AM

It's not christmas yet?!!
What about the twelve days of christmas? :angel:

My babies will have treats galore. I went nuts and bought 6 cases of dog treats. All my friends are getting dog treats for christmas (hope they have dogs)!
I don't dare buy doggie toys until just before christmas or I'd be shoping all the time. It's a long trip to the pet store, so temptation is farther away.