Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Snow White is in Montreal... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27025)

Gerdy's Rescues May 23rd, 2006 07:46 AM

Snow White is in Montreal...

1 Attachment(s)
This affectionate little stray is deaf. We are amazed she managed to survive outside as long as she did. Snow White is petite and very coquetish . She's also quite vocal - no doubt she has lots of stories to tell... She's around 2-3 years old. A real sweetheart!:love:

[email]info@gerdysrescue.org[/email]

badger May 23rd, 2006 08:37 AM

Adorable! I see a little Scottish Fold in those ears.

Lucky Rescue May 23rd, 2006 09:32 AM

Oh my goodness - poor baby...I did know of someone looking for an all-white cat.

I'll check it out!

Gerdy's Rescues May 23rd, 2006 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Her ears are warm to the touch so there is circulation. Who knows, there might have been a great-great grandfather who was a Scottish Fold! She's very elegant. Here's another photo.

jessi76 May 23rd, 2006 10:48 AM

she is simply precious! best of luck finding her the perfect forever home... I just know there's one out there.... do keep us posted!

badger May 23rd, 2006 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one. The ears are definitely going in the right direction but the apple head isn't there. Amazing that this little girl survived outside. Was she preggers?

phoenix May 23rd, 2006 04:36 PM

oh she's gorgeous. I'm not usually tempted by cats! what a sweetie.

Gerdy's Rescues May 23rd, 2006 04:54 PM

Thanks for the good wishes. She will make someone a great pet.
She has been spayed and her vaccinations are up to date. She tested negative for FIV and Felv. She also had her teeth cleaned - a few had to come out. But there are plenty left for munching! She's ready to go.....

Lucky Rescue May 24th, 2006 09:33 AM

You might be getting a call from a lady named Sylvie.:)

chico2 May 27th, 2006 03:55 PM

Any news on this little beauty:confused:

Lucky Rescue May 27th, 2006 04:56 PM

I was told that someone was going to see her last night.:fingerscr

cpietra16 May 27th, 2006 06:24 PM

Oh she sort of reminds me of mt Tess, except for the ears ofcourse...:D. I wish I had more rooms:( The older cats don't want to play with Tess and my 2 fosters play but they may be gone soon...Tess may need a playmate

chico2 May 28th, 2006 06:20 AM

CPietra,does that mean someone is interested in the 2 girls??
:fingerscr for Snow White!

Gerdy's Rescues May 28th, 2006 09:27 PM

Snow White is adoption pending. We are hopeful. She has another cat to play with. Her original foster home said she really got on with cats and dogs.

She's also very vocal and very loud. Well, if you can't hear yourself, you can be as loud as you want! Keeping :fingerscr and toes crossed. Will update when we have more news.

canine14 May 29th, 2006 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=cpietra16]Oh she sort of reminds me of mt Tess, except for the ears ofcourse...:D. I wish I had more rooms:( The older cats don't want to play with Tess and my 2 fosters play but they may be gone soon...Tess may need a playmate[/QUOTE]

Cpietra,

How is Tess? I may be able to help you with a playmate for Tess. A friend of mine was given a cat for her barn who was "fixed." Well, it turns out that she is not for made barn-life and that she wasn't fixed. Her kittens are 7 weeks old now. Momma is the most petite little thing, about 4 lbs, and is all grey and short-haired. She is not very old and she desperately needs a home. She loves human contact and has become very shy in the barn. She is used to dogs and other cats.

PM me if you are interested!

Lisa.

cpietra16 June 1st, 2006 03:26 PM

Hi Chico,
The Girls are going to a clinic this weekend.....alone... without me, and I'm sort of nervous about it. My son just started his fist ever soccer career and I can't miss it; he's seven. Casca will be taking them and hopefully they might meet their future family. I'll keep you posted.

Canine14...The cats sounds great, but at this point I can't make any decisions until I know the girls are Ok. I also keep thinking of Catsnatchers beauties and I would love to invite at least one to stay with me...although I would hate to seperate them.....

how is it going [B]catsnatcher[/B]...did you catch them all??? Please keep us posted.

catsnatcher-CDN June 1st, 2006 03:50 PM

Hi Cpietra
(Temporary Thread Hijack in progress....)

The cats are still outside and eating out in the open since under the balcony there is a raccoon. The neighbors have complained and I'm holding them off.

They will be ready to go within the next 2 weeks.

If within the next 2 weeks your 2 girls get adopted, I hope you can consider Tiger into your family. She keeps sneaking inside the basement here and I keep having to push her out :sad:

Don't worry about splitting them... Their worst case scenario is that one will escape the barn and they will be split anyway....

chico2 June 1st, 2006 04:07 PM

Awww CPietra,Tiger is sooo beautiful,I wish I could take her,but 3 is our limit unfortunately:sad:

cpietra16 June 1st, 2006 08:46 PM

Chico , they're all so beautiful. I am starting to think that Tess really needs aplaymate. I started working full time and I can't play with her like I use to and Winnie refuses to hold on to the lazer pointer for her to play with....WInnie wants to chew it and she wants to chase it..:rolleyes: Anyway, I will see by the end of this weekend if there was interest. Catsnatcher don't say that...I am sure that the people will do their best to keep them indoors for a few months before they get out...I know you well enough to know that you would not let [B]just anyone [/B]have your babies....I know you asked them a million questions and reassured yourself before you let them go.

Lucky Rescue June 1st, 2006 09:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cpietra, what about this little mite?;)

cpietra16 June 1st, 2006 09:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LUcky...If it weren't for my little diabolical sweet Nickie....I would go for a small kitten, but I'm afraid on how she would treat it and she is the most ferel of my cats and I don't think that little sweetie would have a chance...Nickie may look sweet and she is with me, but ever since i have been keeping her in doors(going on 3 years) she's become very bitter and anxious for a hunt. She always ate all her prey and she may think a little kitten would be a present from me to her...if you know what I mean:mad:

Lucky Rescue June 1st, 2006 09:27 PM

I have a feral cat too, and while she hates adult cats - especially males - she was a mom many times over, knows what kittens are and is very good with them.:)

Just ignore me - I"m shameless when it comes to trying to find homes for kitties!!:D

cpietra16 June 1st, 2006 09:35 PM

keep being shameless:D ...Nickie was the only one in her litter that was not eaten by the neighbourhood cougar. I found her at just about 2.5 weeks old and basically raised her. She was spayed at a young age and never had a litter of her own. She never showed any maternal instincts as she was the youngest one of 5 in the family, all the other cats babied her...as did I. She is spoiled and ruthless when it comes to younger cats. As a matter of fact my poor little over weight Winnie fears her too. Actually we all do:D

chico2 June 2nd, 2006 06:58 AM

CPietra,Nickie is beautiful:love:
The problem is too,if Tiger would be lucky enough to come to you,what if Tess and her do not get along...and I am sure Tiger comes with her own set of problems,but you girls seem to work magic.
Do you have only girl-kitties??
I went to the vet yesterday and she has 8 kittens 4,8 week olds and 4 only 4 weeks old.
Luckily I did not see them,because I am in a serious kitten-mode,hubbie does not agree and he is right,we really cannot afford another cat and Chico would move out:D
It's hard,when you know you could love these little guys and give them a good home,but there are soooo many,absolutely heartbreaking:sad:

badger June 2nd, 2006 07:33 AM

She does have that tail-switching look about her. Still, you never know.

Lucky Rescue June 2nd, 2006 07:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE]Nickie may look sweet [/QUOTE]

"Sweet" isn't the first word to describe her expresson, IMO.

"Go ahead - make my day!" is more appropriate.

cpietra16 June 2nd, 2006 09:11 AM

LR...You hit the nail on the head.....she has that expression 20 hours a day...the other 2 hours are spent sleeping....she is always hunting someone down. My kids know all about cats thanks to Nickie:D

chico2 June 11th, 2006 04:26 PM

CPietra,I guess it was a no go for the girls:sad:

Lucky Rescue June 11th, 2006 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That scary pic of Nicki really needs a caption and I saw the perfect one on My Cat Hates You::p

[B]"I see my incarnation as a flesh-eating virus failed, so I will have to dispose of you the old-fashioned way."[/B]

Gerdy's Rescues June 26th, 2006 03:14 PM

Remember Snow White?

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it's official. Snow White has been adopted. She lives with another cat, who is not deaf, and is doing very well. Truly a happy ending!