Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Foster talk - Rescue talk - NO listings please (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Senior Golden needs a home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=12556)

Lil'RickyMom February 25th, 2005 06:18 PM

Senior Golden needs a home

I got a call from someone who must place her older dog. :yuck: She is a
Golden (or mix), and is about 9-10 yrs old. Very sweet, healthy,
but, people are "moving".... :evil: Needs a new home by May.

Does anyone know of a Senior Dog rescue or somewhere I can post a
Senior dog for adoption? :confused:

Thanks

coppperbelle February 25th, 2005 08:22 PM

Golden

Do you know if this dog is a golden? Does it look like a golden? If so, you can contact the Quebec Golden Rescue. The web site is [url]www.goldenrescuequebec.com[/url]
They may be able to help.

:)

Lil'RickyMom February 25th, 2005 08:43 PM

Looney the Golden

Not sure yet if she is mixed or pure. Should have all the details on the week-end. Do they take "mature" dogs? Most breed rescues I've encountered, are very picky, sadly to say! I will try though, thanks.

Lil'RickyMom February 26th, 2005 12:14 PM

Golden (who's not a Golden!!)

OK, Here's the deal. She is supposedly a Golden/Lab. You can see the picture at [url]http://sophie.rimasec.net/Looney.jpg[/url] (you tell me what you think!!). So I guess so much for the Golden Rescue.

She is operated and vaccinated "the first years" (!) - so therefore, NOT..

She is anywhere between 8 - 10. Any other thought??

Heinz57 February 26th, 2005 01:01 PM

Aww she's identical to Keyto, my white shep/lab mix. She's a doll :love: I'm in tears, if she was in Alberta, I think my hubby would let me take her in a heart beat. Why do people do these things?? She's not going to know what's happening to her :sad: She certainly looks golden (longer hair) and yellow lab to me. :sad:

Lil'RickyMom February 26th, 2005 06:46 PM

Golden mix

I know, it is so sad that people can actually dump their pets at that age. But, that's why we're here I guess. Wish I had someone driving to Alberta, I would have made arrangements for her to go!! :D

I'm not sure of the success rate in placing her :( So far, Golden rescues can't really help. To me, she doesn't look very Golden-ish!!

goldenblaze February 26th, 2005 09:24 PM

I would agree with Heinz57 Shep/Lab

The ears stand up not like golden or lab, she sure is sweet. Hope someone can help her I'm sure they will be glad they did she looks like an :angel:

Lise February 27th, 2005 08:13 AM

I don't know if this helps but there is a site for senior rescue it's [url]www.srdogs.com,maybe[/url] they could at least help you get the word out,good luck.

Lil'RickyMom February 28th, 2005 10:14 PM

Home visit in Richmond Hill

Possible good news for Looney, the "Senior Golden" who's not a Golden :p

I may have a family in Richmond Hill, I already did the screening as they had been interested in adopting Lil'Ricky but his adoption was already pending. I had done the screening in case I got another dog that might interest them.

I contacted them about Looney, and they seem very interested. She was interested in Lil'Ricky originally as she wants to help a dog that nobody wants or one who has less chances because of an age or health issue. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

However, I would like to know if someone near Richmond Hill could do a home visit for me. That is the last thing that needs to be done, and if all is cool, I would make arrangements to have her transported up there.

Please contact me by e-mail at [email]sophie@rimasec.net[/email] if you live out that way and could do this. Thanks

Lil'RickyMom March 2nd, 2005 10:43 PM

Good news for Looney

Hey Guys,

Found a wonderful family for Looney. A family from Ontario. They are going out of town for 1 month, but will be back early April. So all I have left to do is organize transportation. This family had been interested in Lil'Ricky, but he was already being adopted. They thought of Snoop, but when I told them of Looney, they wanted to adopt the one I thought had the less chance. They have a 12 yr. old dog already, and wanted to really give one a chance.

So... unless something goes wrong, she should be on her way home in April.

Thanks all,

Sophie