Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   14+, I'm speechless (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=62414)

ancientgirl April 28th, 2009 06:07 PM

14+, I'm speechless

Words cannot express how grateful I am for your gift. It's amazing, just amazing. :laughing: You got her little expression just perfectly!

Thank you so much!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/006-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Kiska/020-1.jpg[/IMG]

Between the box of crafts and this, well you just can't imagine how grateful I am right now, and how happy.[img]http://smily.hit.bg/hug.gif[/img]

I hung her right on the wall next to the hall closet. It's in a position where anything you hang on the wall you'll be able to see when you walk into the apartment! I can't wait for people to come over and see it!

onster April 28th, 2009 06:31 PM

wow 14+!!! Amazing :cloud9::cloud9:

I love kiska's nose :cloud9:

So what did kiska think of her portrait AG ..are the others jealous yet :crazy:

ancientgirl April 28th, 2009 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I think she liked it yes!:D

rainbow April 28th, 2009 06:53 PM

[B]AG,[/B] it is absolutely beautiful ......[B]14+[/B] did a wonderful job once again. :angel: :thumbs up

ancientgirl April 28th, 2009 07:13 PM

I can't stop looking at it.

ownedbycats April 28th, 2009 07:45 PM

Wow, that's so amazing. !4+ managed to get the different shades in her fur to show up so well, it looks like she's going to meow at any second.

Dee-O-Gee April 28th, 2009 08:40 PM

AG...You are SO Lucky to have a piece of 14+'s art. :cloud9:

It is absolutely stunning 14+! Beautiful work--as always :lovestruck: [SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"] That's my south :pawprint:[/COLOR][/SIZE] :thumbs up

krdahmer April 28th, 2009 09:22 PM

:thumbs up:thumbs up another awesome likeness!!! So pretty!:highfive:

hazelrunpack April 28th, 2009 09:48 PM

I can see why Kiska is thrilled! It's gorgeous, AG! :cloud9:

Fantastic work, 14+!! As always! :thumbs up

Jim Hall April 28th, 2009 10:21 PM

wow that is way cool

growler~GateKeeper April 29th, 2009 12:08 AM

Gorgeous :lovestruck:

Melinda April 29th, 2009 04:38 AM

oh how beautiful!!!!

14+kitties April 29th, 2009 06:51 AM

Hey! You finally got it! That took almost two weeks to get there. :eek: I guess that's what happens when you send it regular mail. Now send it back. I see a couple of spots I missed. :rolleyes: :p
I'm glad you like it. :thumbs up

Love4himies April 29th, 2009 06:55 AM

What a great job, 14+ :thumbs up.

Iggette April 29th, 2009 07:30 AM

Really awesome you are quite talented 14+ I see your in ontario, I should have known....lol

chico2 April 29th, 2009 07:49 AM

WOW,another master-piece from our wonderful artist,beautiful:lovestruck:

ancientgirl April 29th, 2009 08:07 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;774263]Hey! You finally got it! That took almost two weeks to get there. :eek: I guess that's what happens when you send it regular mail. Now send it back. I see a couple of spots I missed. :rolleyes: :p
I'm glad you like it. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah you come and get it. You'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands. :laughing:

Two weeks isn't so bad.

I'm just thrilled with it. I posted it on my Facebook and I'm going to post it on my blog.

Thank you so much, for everything! Not only have you given me this precious piece of art with my sweet Kiska's likeness, but you have opened that creative side of me I've so long shut away. That box you sent me did more for me than you can imagine.

14+kitties April 29th, 2009 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;774289]Thank you so much, for everything! Not only have you given me this precious piece of art with my sweet Kiska's likeness, but you have opened that creative side of me I've so long shut away. That box you sent me did more for me than you can imagine.[/QUOTE]

:thumbs up That's all I need to hear. :grouphug:

Magicwildwolf69 April 29th, 2009 08:40 AM

its so beautiful great job :) you are really talented on those things

Chris21711 April 29th, 2009 10:01 AM

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Great work 14k...I am bewildered how you find the time :eek:[/COLOR]

What kind of wood are you using, Maple?....Pepe has all kinds that he brings home from the shop :lightbulb:

[COLOR="Purple"]It is nice to hear AG that 14k has reignited your creative side :)[/COLOR]

bendyfoot April 29th, 2009 10:13 AM

Beautiful!!!

Gosh, she DOES look like Molly!:lovestruck:

ancientgirl April 29th, 2009 10:16 AM

Chris, she really did. I look forward to my weekend scrapbooking and I'm trying to teach myself to knit!

Bendy, Mollly looks a little more furry, but they really look a lot alike.:D

14+kitties April 29th, 2009 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Iggette;774279]Really awesome you are quite talented 14+ I see your in ontario, I should have known....lol[/QUOTE]

?? Why should you have known I am in Ont? I's confused. (Doesn't take much though) :confused:

[QUOTE=Chris21711;774377][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Great work 14k...I am bewildered how you find the time :eek:[/COLOR]

What kind of wood are you using, Maple?....Pepe has all kinds that he brings home from the shop :lightbulb:

[COLOR="Purple"]It is nice to hear AG that 14k has reignited your creative side :)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually Chris, I use basswood and sometimes hard maple for different textures. Soft maple is just that.... too soft. Doesn't burn right at all. Even curly maple is nice but it's expensive and hard to find.

Chris21711 April 29th, 2009 11:56 AM

Hard Maple we have lots, do you join pieces together or usually use a single board, though single boards of that width are pricey....let me know and I will rob Pepe of some :D

14+kitties April 29th, 2009 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;774429]Hard Maple we have lots, do you join pieces together or usually use a single board, though single boards of that width are pricey....let me know and I will rob Pepe of some :D[/QUOTE]

I don't join pieces together. Meg told me about the place her dad goes to for his wood. I went there a couple of months ago and got lots of pieces. Hubby is cutting them for me and routering. I let the experts deal with joining the pieces. :D I will be using smaller pieces to make pics from now on. So far I have been using basswood from Michael's but they are too expensive.
Y'know Chris - you keep this up you are gonna need a bloody moving truck to come see me!!! :rolleyes: :p

breeze April 29th, 2009 12:06 PM

beautiful work 14+..the time you must have spent doing this WOW :lovestruck::thumbs up

BenMax April 29th, 2009 12:10 PM

Once again absolutely amazing how you capture the true essence. 14+ - you are truly gifted.:thumbs up

Chris21711 April 29th, 2009 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;774431]I don't join pieces together. Meg told me about the place her dad goes to for his wood. I went there a couple of months ago and got lots of pieces. Hubby is cutting them for me and routering. I let the experts deal with joining the pieces. :D I will be using smaller pieces to make pics from now on. So far I have been using basswood from Michael's but they are too expensive.

[COLOR="Red"]We don't have basswood, they don't really use it for cabinets and such......but maple LOTS, so DH joins the wood for you?[/COLOR]

Y'know Chris - you keep this up you are gonna need a bloody moving truck to come see me!!! :rolleyes: :p[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Arial Black"]I'm on a purge remember, I find it cathartic :D[/FONT][/COLOR]

14+kitties April 29th, 2009 01:36 PM

[B]We don't have basswood, they don't really use it for cabinets and such......but maple LOTS, so DH joins the wood for you?[/B]

No, the place where I get the wood does it if need be. He has tons of wood though and some of them are huge! But for my purposes I don't need them joined. The guy even planes them down for you before you leave. Cost for me is probably a quarter of what Michael's charges for a piece of their wood. I figure if I am going to start charging people I need to try to keep the prices down else no one could afford them. :rolleyes: I mark where I want cut, hubby cuts it and routers because his hand is straighter than mine when cutting. :o

[QUOTE=Chris21711;774449][COLOR="Purple"][FONT="Arial Black"]I'm on a purge remember, I find it cathartic :D[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: Hurry and get here then!! I could use some purging myself!! On the house I mean. Not me!!

Chris21711 April 29th, 2009 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;774471]
:laughing::laughing: Hurry and get here then!! I could use some purging myself!! On the house I mean. Not me!![/QUOTE]

OK so you don't need wood, Rats :sad:

You wouldn't want me purging your stuff, I'm on a roll right now, anything that is not nailed down is fair game :laughing: