Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Chloe and the cactus pics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=49881)

shredy February 26th, 2008 12:57 AM

Chloe and the cactus pics

3 Attachment(s)
So I just downloaded the pics of our hike the other day including pics of the infamous cactus that ruined our good times...

The first is of our lovely girl, the bandana she has around her neck took the brunt of the cactus attack which we were grateful for! The other two are of the surroundings, pretty view in an otherwise very populated area in sourthern california. This is one of the places where we can escape and feel a little closer to nature.

shredy February 26th, 2008 12:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Chloe and I trudging up the hill, giving me her pretty eyes, and one of me and Ricky :lovestruck:

shredy February 26th, 2008 01:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So here is a picture of the stupid cactus that hurt my poor girl, and of the aftermath, Ricky carried her down on his shoulders for 1.5 miles. She had that same pitiful look on her face the whole time and just went along for the ride :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper February 26th, 2008 01:31 AM

awww what a poor pitiful face :lovestruck:

:eek: yikes thats a lotta cacti :eek:

Yay for her hero Ricky & the bandana that saved the puppy :thumbs up

shredy February 26th, 2008 01:35 AM

[QUOTE=growler;552889]awww what a poor pitiful face :lovestruck:

:eek: yikes thats a lotta cacti :eek:

Yay for her hero Ricky & the bandana that saved the puppy :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

I know!!!!!!!!!! and she landed right smack dab in the middle of it with all four paws. Tough little girl didn't even make a sound, I would have been screming my head off. :sad: :yell: :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper February 26th, 2008 01:38 AM

Really? wow that's one tough cookie!

I forgot to say that 2nd pic is really :cool:

rainbow February 26th, 2008 02:53 AM

I love the "pretty eyes" pic. :cloud9: I can't believe how she stayed so calm on Ricky's shoulders like that. :o

krdahmer February 26th, 2008 12:00 PM

Oh that look on her face almost made me cry... she looks so ouchy!!! What a trooper! :lovestruck:

Cram February 26th, 2008 12:34 PM

She is just so sweet! So expressive!

chico2 February 26th, 2008 04:24 PM

Chloe is sooo good,just hanging on the shoulders like that,but I guess it hurt to walk:sad:poor baby,but all's well now :thumbs up
She is just so pretty:lovestruck:
Beautiful pics by the way.

ancientgirl February 26th, 2008 05:20 PM

I hope Chloe's okay now. It's a good thing though she's still a pup or she would have been pretty heavy to carry down that mountain.

She's getting so big. They grow so fast!

loopoo February 26th, 2008 09:04 PM

hope shes doing okay now what a beautiful girl. and what an expressive face.. that smile:cloud9:

luckypenny February 26th, 2008 09:07 PM

Daddy's Chloe's hero :flirt: . I absolutely love that first picture of her! Such a goofy smile on her face :cloud9: . Is she a little better today?

shredy February 26th, 2008 09:26 PM

Chloe is doing MUCH better, she isn't limping at all and I have not found any more pokers. I have been keeping her kind of quiet to make sure she doesn't get any infections and I will reward her tommorrow with a swim at the beach!

She says woff, ruff, roo, (gee thank you!) for all the compliments!

She was so cute on the way down I kept petting her head and kissing her nose and she would rest her head in my hand and sigh.... like she was saying Mommy it hurts!!!

Frenchy February 26th, 2008 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=shredy;552891]I know!!!!!!!!!! and she landed right smack dab in the middle of it with all four paws. Tough little girl didn't even make a sound, I would have been screming my head off. :sad: :yell: :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Goldens are extremely pain tolerant (most of them anyway)

She is sooo goofy in the first pic :laughing: and on daddy's shoulders , too cute ! So that's the guy who wasn't too crazy about dogs right ? :laughing:

shredy February 26th, 2008 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;553428] ! So that's the guy who wasn't too crazy about dogs right ? :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the funny thing is that she is such a Daddy's girl and I get jealous of him!! She always snuggles with him in the morning and brings him her toys first! I just look at her and say, "he didn't even want you Chloe, traitor!!" :D:laughing:

Really I'm kidding, he loves dogs and one of the reasons I fell in love with him was because of how he was with Shade, he used to stop by my house when I was at work and take her for a walk. I would come home to wet happy dog who had been swimming at the lake or the river and a note from him lettingme know that she had a good time and he would see me later :lovestruck: He just was scared of a destructive puppy and Chloe hasn't chewed up one single thing of ours, she hasn't even destroyed any of her own toys so he was scared for nothing :p

jiorji February 26th, 2008 11:04 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH i love that first picture!!

made me laugh outloud....for real!! :laughing:

Ford Girl February 26th, 2008 11:12 PM

Oh, so cute...she is beautiful...glad it's all better now. :cloud9: They are tough little dogs thats for sure...:D

Frenchy February 27th, 2008 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=shredy;553449]he used to stop by my house when I was at work and take her for a walk. I would come home to wet happy dog who had been swimming at the lake or the river and a note from him lettingme know that she had a good time and he would see me later :lovestruck: [/QUOTE]

OMG ! he wouldn't happen to have an older brother who lives in Quebec would he ? :rolleyes:

shredy February 27th, 2008 12:48 PM

Frenchy, no, but he has an older brother down the street from us..... Very cute too, maybe you should bring the clan for a visit :D

aslan February 27th, 2008 12:51 PM

Poor Quincy would be on the mountain still, no way could either of us carry him like that. Bailley no problem. Chloe's a lucky girl.

Frenchy February 27th, 2008 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=shredy;553718]Frenchy, no, but he has an older brother down the street from us..... Very cute too, maybe you should bring the clan for a visit :D[/QUOTE]

California here we come ! :dog: :dog: :dog: :cat: :cat:

:laughing:

clm February 27th, 2008 01:14 PM

OMG that had to hurt. :eek:

Good thing he could carry her home. Poor thing. The first pic is my favorite.

Cindy

shredy February 27th, 2008 02:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Aslan: You would have figured out a waym if he had given you the face Chloe gave us! :sad: :laughing:

Frenchy: We can't wait, Chloe is good at sharing!

Clm: The first is my favorite too! but here are a couple other good ones...

Slobber face, and cleaning up her slobber face! :laughing:

phoozles February 27th, 2008 06:11 PM

Chloe is adorable :lovestruck:
Love the smiley pics - and then after the cactus, not so much :sad:
Good to hear she's on the mend now - and that is a good amount of slobber :D

JanM February 27th, 2008 07:08 PM

Chloe is a very beautiful girl - and to be so good to be carried! You've sure got a keeper...

growler~GateKeeper February 27th, 2008 11:28 PM

Aww "Slobber Face" pic is so cute :lovestruck:

rainbow February 28th, 2008 04:31 AM

And such a happy "slobber face" it is too. :lovestruck:

crazydays February 28th, 2008 07:39 AM

Love Chloes smile--don't it make you happy???

Love4himies February 28th, 2008 10:02 AM

Oh poor Chloe, I feel the pain her pain :yell:. Good thing Rick was with you.