Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Having problems with the bulletin board or the site? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=15979)

marko June 7th, 2005 09:51 AM

Having problems with the bulletin board or the site?

If you are having any problems with the bulletin board or the site, please post them here. We will do our best to address your issues in a timely fashion.

Any issues regarding your OWN settings or your own username should be sent by PM or emailed to [email]marko( A t )pets(d o t)ca[/email]

PLEASE if you need to refer to a particular thread - copy and paste the URL (address)

Thanks

Marko
ADMIN

shannon1233A February 16th, 2006 10:49 AM

Ummm Marko, prob is back

Hi Marko and everyone! I've not been able to post for a while, as I've got the same old problem back :sigh

Whenever I try to post, I'm taken back to the log in page over and over. I've tried to rectify the problem by doing what we spoke about, deleting cookies, files, temp etc. reset my security settings, checked and unchecked the Remember Me box, all to no avail. So I'm just taking my chances. Anyone else experiencing this again? I've also found that now, I have to re log in in each seperate forum as my username isn't recognized from one forum to another on the board!

SARAH February 3rd, 2008 10:07 AM

Lately, I've had a lot of problems with pages not opening and going to that frustrating "web page cannot be found" blank page! In addition, when the pages do open, the wait is sooo long I often feel like just logging off and forgetting about the whole site! I know it's not my computer, because everything else (including other forums) works just fine!

Frenchy February 3rd, 2008 11:27 AM

Sam problem here Sarah , I always think it's my computer / connection. :o

wdawson February 3rd, 2008 11:45 AM

breeze and i had the same probs on thursday.

Tommysmom February 3rd, 2008 11:53 AM

Same problems here too, on any computer I use. It just really started happening a little while ago, I never had any problems before that, but these days it's often just very, very slow to load anything on the forums.

marko February 3rd, 2008 11:57 AM

I agree, sometimes it's slow...but Because these reports are sporadic, it's tough to diagnose.

It would be a GREAT help if people were able to report which EXACT threads (by copying and pasting the URL) they were trying to access or post to when the problems arise. It could be that the larger threads (threads with MANY posts and pics) in particular are causing the problems. This was the case with the threadjack before we decided to make a new one each month. What would also be a great help is as the same time to record the date and time the slowness occurred. Also if members write if their connection is dialup vs highspeed, that would also help.

Thanks everyone!
Marko

Tommysmom February 3rd, 2008 02:17 PM

If it's any help, it's happening to me right now. No particular thread - it took a long time to get into the forums, is taking a very long time to load any pages, and taking a very long time to open threads or make replies.

SARAH February 3rd, 2008 02:19 PM

Me too, it's on and off. Right now I had two short threads taking the longest time to load and post on as well, then it went smoothly for a longer one, so it's not even the thread size that seems to be the trouble.

rainbow February 3rd, 2008 03:04 PM

I agree....it's very random and thread size doesn't matter. :shrug:

rainbow February 3rd, 2008 03:09 PM

It just happened with this thread...

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=49140[/url]

I waited two minutes and then got the message "page cannot be displayed".

marko February 4th, 2008 09:03 AM

WOW. This sux...and it's hard to diagnose but I will definitely look into this.
Even though this site is on its own server there is an issue somewhere. HMMM.
( Notes for Marko - It may be simultaneous searches - or other members looking at image heavy threads simultaneously)
I'm on it though - promise.

In the meantime if members can continue to report which threads are causing the problems (just like Rainbow did - thx!) and if they are on dialup vs highspeed - that would still help.

Many thanks!
Marko

breeze February 5th, 2008 01:22 PM

It's happening again..
white page the message "page cannot be displayed".

no particular thread, the whole site.. at 1;18pm

I am using high speed..

:shrug:

wdawson February 7th, 2008 09:09 PM

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=543451[/url]

wdawson February 7th, 2008 09:09 PM

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=543451[/url]

unable to post reply.....had to exit this site then reconnect to post this.....i have smypatico high speed.....oh and the reason for the edit....pets.ca just randomly posted my reply before i was done

breeze February 7th, 2008 09:13 PM

todays post and reply to any post at 9;10pm

also had a problem geting on to the bulletin board at 9;00pm it is now 9;11 and I just got on..

Frenchy February 7th, 2008 09:16 PM

It just happened to me too. I had to restart the computer.

clm February 7th, 2008 09:18 PM

I had trouble a few minutes ago, really, really slow, but it seems fine now.

Cindy

pbpatti February 7th, 2008 09:24 PM

I was playning stonebreaker and tried to get into "new posts", today's posts and could not had to control/alt/delete to get out and sign in again. high speed pbp

marko February 8th, 2008 09:09 AM

Dear members,

Thanks so much for your patience - we think we have isolated that the problem is indeed simultaneous searches.

We are totally on it though...and expect to figure something out within a week.

Sorry for the hassle...

Marko

breeze February 8th, 2008 10:22 AM

[B]Marko[/B] do you still want us to post all the information if we are still having problems?? or do you have everything you need..??

Love4himies February 8th, 2008 11:20 AM

I seem to be missing my "home" link. I use that alot to see the most recent thread postings.

breeze February 8th, 2008 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;543693]I seem to be missing my "home" link. I use that alot to see the most recent thread postings.[/QUOTE]

now that you metion the "home" link I too am missing "home" link on top..
but it is on the bottom of the page..

Love4himies February 8th, 2008 12:04 PM

[QUOTE=breeze;543695]now that you metion the "home" link I too am missing "home" link on top..
but it is on the bottom of the page..[/QUOTE]

Thanks Breeze.

marko February 8th, 2008 06:14 PM

[QUOTE]Marko do you still want us to post all the information if we are still having problems?? or do you have everything you need..??[/QUOTE]

yes please...even though we are working on it, please continue to post probs.

MY error on the home link...I'll put it back up tonite or tomorrow morn....

Thx again for your patience everyone!
Marko

marko February 10th, 2008 07:21 PM

Just an update - We will be making some edits and tweaking some settings tomorrow.

These settings will hopefully reduce recent lengthy pageload timeouts.

The board will be up during this tweakage.

Thanks all!

Marko

Love4himies February 11th, 2008 01:00 PM

Marko, can you tell my why in some threads the pictures seem to disappear such as in the link I posted.

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22373&page=19[/url]

I also noticed in a thread by Frenchy when she was first introducing Nelly that the pictures aren't there, just the captions.

marko February 11th, 2008 04:29 PM

This thread has pic for me...anyone else have probs?

[I]I also noticed in a thread by Frenchy when she was first introducing Nelly that the pictures aren't there, just the captions.[/I]

PLEASE it's my pleasure to help solve problems every day but please include the exact link to a thread. Saying that 'a' member posted 'a' thread takes me 5-10 minutes, and we get MANY requests for different types of help each day. Adding the link takes 1 second for me to go to.

marko

wdawson February 12th, 2008 05:51 PM

today 5:45pm...after hitting refresh the page was frozen....it was waiting for google ads.
[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php[/url] would not load.

marko February 12th, 2008 06:07 PM

Thanks again for 'slow' report.

We have solved some of the problems today and will continue to tweak and monitor.

Please continue to report slowness and we'll continue tweaking.

Thanks!
marko