Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Help name me! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67712)

kayla January 4th, 2010 02:58 PM

Help name me!

2 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to find a name for a stray cat I just adopted. So far I have:

Miniki
Minou
Munchkin (I don't think I'd name her this but it may end up a nickname)

Hmmm, I just noticed they're all M names lol.

She's very small, so maybe something to do with size. Or maybe something kinda exotic. She's also courageous and a survivor!

Any suggestions?

Winston January 4th, 2010 03:14 PM

What a cutie..to keep in the spirit of M names how about Mika? or how about Suri? partly cause she's a survivor and it sounds nice :thumbs up

Magsie January 4th, 2010 03:19 PM

How about Mere Cat :D

Macomom January 4th, 2010 03:21 PM

She is sweet.
How about Khoya?
It means lost in Hindi...

Chris21711 January 4th, 2010 03:23 PM

She is real purty, being the original person I am :rolleyes:, she looks like a Trixie to me :)

Frenchy January 4th, 2010 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=kayla;869404]
Minou
[/QUOTE]

are you french ?

[QUOTE=Winston;869407]or how about Suri? [/QUOTE]

But wouldn't Suri Cruise be insulted ? :laughing: (if that's her name ... not sure...)

I suck at names , I would end up calling her madame la chatte :laughing:

naaa , she deserves a better name ! :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer January 4th, 2010 03:49 PM

Staying with your M theme Magic came to my mind. She's lovely and a very lucky kitty.

Marcha January 4th, 2010 03:55 PM

Mili - which is Hindu for 'to find, to meet', and in our society also has the connotation of milli - small.

What a cutie she is. Such gorgeous markings and an open and curious demeanor.

kayla January 4th, 2010 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Winston;869407]What a cutie..to keep in the spirit of M names how about Mika? [/QUOTE]

Mika's a great name, unfortunately I already have a cat named Mika though! :D My other cat's names are Mika and Boji (short for Bojangles). Dogs are Kayla and Max (he came named).

No I'm not french, but we were calling her Minou because it's french for kitty and had nothing else to call her and we were in Montreal. It's cute but I think maybe something a bit more original would be nice, there must be about 50,000 cats named Minou in Montreal alone!

Khoya is kinda cute, I like that it has a meaning. Maybe I should be looking up words in other languages. Her eyelined eyes make her look maybe Hindu, or Egyptian. I've always liked African names too.

I just introduced her to my male cat Boji. Needless to say introductions went well. I used catnip as an icebreaker lol. Will be a couple weeks before I introduce her to my female though, since she's a little less forgiving. Right now I'm just working on getting her used to her smell.

Frenchy January 4th, 2010 04:01 PM

omg :laughing: can't believe how comfy they already are together ! :thumbs up

yes minou is not too original :p

Marcha January 4th, 2010 04:02 PM

Gorgeous! Just lookit that tail!

the gang January 4th, 2010 04:33 PM

i got it,,, it should be rosie :laughing: lol, i love nicky , lexus, angel, tiny. and best for last misty

happycats January 4th, 2010 09:14 PM

She looks like a Macey to me :)

others

Maggie
Miley
Maddy
Midge
Mitzy
Mimi

Oh and Marley

Macomom January 4th, 2010 10:15 PM

I like Marlo

bendyfoot January 4th, 2010 10:39 PM

she's very pretty, whatever her name is! :lovestruck:

rainbow January 5th, 2010 02:35 AM

She is such a pretty girl :lovestruck: ....so glad that she is doing great and it's amazing how well her and Boji are getting along already. :thumbs up

rainbow January 5th, 2010 02:38 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;869407]or how about Suri? partly cause she's a survivor and it sounds nice :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Frenchy;869416]
But wouldn't Suri Cruise be insulted ? :laughing:[/QUOTE]

I would think that the cat would be insulted. :laughing:

rainbow January 5th, 2010 02:43 AM

[QUOTE=kayla;869437]
Maybe I should be looking up words in other languages. Her eyelined eyes make her look maybe Hindu, or Egyptian. I've always liked African names too.
[/QUOTE]

Here you go ....

[url]http://www.20000-names.com/female_african_names.htm[/url]

Tundra_Queen January 5th, 2010 03:48 AM

She is pretty and the black and white one is beautiful!

How about Bijoux, it means jewel. :D

Debbie

kayla January 5th, 2010 08:51 PM

Oh so many cute name suggestions, thank you! Brian really wants to name her Minou (he's from Montreal) and I have been calling her Miniki, and we are now talking about Minuki (ah the comprimising we do!). I don't even know if Minuki is a name, but we're going to try it out for a bit now. There are so many cute names on that link you posted too Rainbow! I'm just going to have to get more cats to name hehe.

ancientgirl January 5th, 2010 09:02 PM

I've always loved the name Samara. You could always say Sammy as a nickname. :D