Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Crafts (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Ok here goes... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67741)

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 08:34 PM

Ok here goes...

I did this page today, so far out of the few I've done this is my favorite.

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/scrapbook108.jpg[/IMG]

I can't wait till I can accumulate some of the cutting tools, and punches, and more elaborate embellishments.

ancientgirl January 5th, 2010 09:03 PM

Um...is it me or did you forget something?

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 09:54 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;869974]Um...is it me or did you forget something?[/QUOTE]

Ummm.....I dunno! What do you mean?

aslan January 5th, 2010 09:55 PM

the image isn't there lmpg..

hazelrunpack January 5th, 2010 09:56 PM

Oh, that's cool, LMPG!! :highfive: And you said you were bad at this!!! That's [I]way[/I] better than anything I've ever managed to come up with! :thumbs up

Jersey is so photogenic :angel: even if she [I]is[/I] master of the stinkeye! :laughing:

hazelrunpack January 5th, 2010 09:57 PM

I can see an image :o

Unusual that I can see it and no one else can! :eek:

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 09:57 PM

HUH? When I open this thread I can see an image....dang nabbit...I'll try again.
It's gonna take a few minutes I have to upload it to photobucket again.

aslan January 5th, 2010 09:57 PM

omg hazel you can see the pic,,, it's telling me it's been deleted.

aslan January 5th, 2010 09:58 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;870004]I can see an image :o

Unusual that I can see it and no one else can! :eek:[/QUOTE]

ummm i thought yours was a dry household hazel..:laughing:

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 09:59 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;870004]I can see an image :o

Unusual that I can see it and no one else can! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can see it too....I'll try reposting it, for aslan and AG tho.

hazelrunpack January 5th, 2010 09:59 PM

Nope, it's 800 x 533 pixels and about 172 KB...took me a while to download it, but it's there :shrug:

:laughing: Now [I]that's[/I] a first!!! :eek:

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 10:03 PM

hope this works

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/Rotti35/scrapbook109.jpg[/IMG]

aslan January 5th, 2010 10:05 PM

yup can see it now...good job LMPG you got the hang of it..:thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 10:07 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;870014]yup can see it now...good job LMPG you got the hang of it..:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thank you, good grief it took me hours to do that :laughing:
I took the advice, of laying things out before attaching, it took hours to come up with something I liked. With limited supplies this was the best I could come up with.:)

hazelrunpack January 5th, 2010 10:12 PM

It looks dang good to me, LMPG! :highfive:

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;870021]It looks dang good to me, LMPG! :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I gotta admit, I had fun with this one!:D

aslan January 5th, 2010 10:15 PM

i can always hit the dollarama here for you and get stuff, ours has ooooodles of stuff, old english script and everything, the cutters, etc,etc..

Luvmypitgirls January 5th, 2010 10:22 PM

[QUOTE=aslan;870029]i can always hit the dollarama here for you and get stuff, ours has ooooodles of stuff, old english script and everything, the cutters, etc,etc..[/QUOTE]

:eek:...ours had some stuff, mostly baby pages and embellishments.
There were no Alphabet packages left for words, no rub ons, no flowers, no cutters or punches. I did manage to scoop the last pkg of tags.
Stopped in there again yesterday, and they still haven't restocked the shelves:sad:...

Tig's mom January 6th, 2010 03:03 AM

:)
That is a beautiful 'layout?' or scrappbook page.I don't Know the right
terms of scrappbooking.You are very talented!
I have done some Artist Trading Cards, but nothing like that before.
I wouldn't have a clue where to begin.

rainbow January 6th, 2010 03:07 AM

WOW ....that is a great job. :thumbs up

Did you ask at the store when they are expecting a new shipment?

Luvmypitgirls January 6th, 2010 03:28 AM

[QUOTE=Tig's mom;870227]:)
That is a beautiful 'layout?' or scrappbook page.I don't Know the right
terms of scrappbooking.You are very talented!
I have done some Artist Trading Cards, but nothing like that before.
I wouldn't have a clue where to begin.[/QUOTE]

Thank you:)
I'm not sure of the right term either, I just call it a page, I'm new at this scrapbooking stuff. I heard the term Quilling and have been trying to find out what that means.:laughing:

[QUOTE=rainbow;870231]WOW ....that is a great job. :thumbs up

Did you ask at the store when they are expecting a new shipment?[/QUOTE]

Thanks rainbow:), no I didn't ask, cuz it was only a few minutes after the Stokes incident, I just wanted to get some stuff and get the heck outta there. Besides the girl was chewing gum "smack" style, really loud and with her mouth open and that just grosses me out :yuck:..:laughing:

rainbow January 6th, 2010 03:32 AM

[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;870252]
Thanks rainbow:), no I didn't ask, cuz it was only a few minutes after the Stokes incident, I just wanted to get some stuff and get the heck outta there. Besides the girl was chewing gum "smack" style, really loud and with her mouth open and that just grosses me out :yuck:..:laughing:[/QUOTE]

LOL ....from the sounds of her you probably would have got "I dunno" for an answer. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl January 6th, 2010 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;870000]Ummm.....I dunno! What do you mean?[/QUOTE]

Oh cool.

For some reason, when you posted, there was no picture. It looked like maybe you forgot to put it on there. :laughing::laughing:

I see it now. It looks fabulous! I don't know what you were talking about not being inspired or your stuff not looking as nice as some you see. I think this page looks really lovely!:thumbs up

quincymycat January 6th, 2010 09:17 AM

LMPG, the image came up in both posts, the original and the second. It looks great.
I was given a scrapbook about 7 or 8 years ago and I never took it out of the box. It got sold at my yard sale last fall for a ridiculously low price. If I had known things could look that good, maybe I would have tried, but I am not crafty in that way.
Do you only hvae one Dollarama in town? Crap, we have about 6 all within close proximity to each other. I always noticed they had tons of stuff in their craft isle for scrapbooking. I would definately try back again. Although not everything is still $1, never is it much more and compared to large craft stores, they are unbelievable for selection and price.
Good work. :thumbs up Post more when you do it!

Luvmypitgirls January 6th, 2010 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;870311]Oh cool.

For some reason, when you posted, there was no picture. It looked like maybe you forgot to put it on there. :laughing::laughing:

I see it now. It looks fabulous! I don't know what you were talking about not being inspired or your stuff not looking as nice as some you see. I think this page looks really lovely!:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thank you AG, actually the first post did disappear eventually, I didn't realize that if I deleted it from my photobucket after posting on a site it would disappear...(my lack of computer knowledge astounds me). Trust me my first few pages, don't compare to this one. I took my time, and tried different layouts before I attached anything. This is my first "good" one.:)

[QUOTE=quincymycat;870323]LMPG, the image came up in both posts, the original and the second. It looks great.
I was given a scrapbook about 7 or 8 years ago and I never took it out of the box. It got sold at my yard sale last fall for a ridiculously low price. If I had known things could look that good, maybe I would have tried, but I am not crafty in that way.
Do you only hvae one Dollarama in town? Crap, we have about 6 all within close proximity to each other. I always noticed they had tons of stuff in their craft isle for scrapbooking. I would definately try back again. Although not everything is still $1, never is it much more and compared to large craft stores, they are unbelievable for selection and price.
Good work. :thumbs up Post more when you do it![/QUOTE]

Thank you quincymycat, and yes I think there is more than one Dollarama in Calgary, I'm just unfamiliar with their locations so I stick to the one I know.
There is also one in Airdrie, where I recently moved from, so the next time I go up there to collect the rent, I'm going to check them out too.

edwina January 6th, 2010 10:46 PM

Very nice. :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls January 8th, 2010 02:25 AM

Thank you Edwina:)

breeze January 8th, 2010 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=Luvmypitgirls;870252] I heard the term Quilling and have been trying to find out what that means.:laughing:
[/QUOTE]

I believe if my memory does not fail me :laughing: quilling you take loooooooong pieces of paper the width of a straw and as long as you like and a special tool wrap the paper around and around

ok it's hard to explain so here is a video [SIZE="1"]amazing what youtube has :laughing::laughing:[/SIZE]
and some pictures

we use to do this in school and shot it at people before we knew it was a craft:laughing::laughing:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9DOF7zdGg[/url]

[url]http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.handmade-craft-ideas.com/image-files/quilled-shapes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.handmade-craft-ideas.com/paper-quilling-instructions.html&usg=__cMbOwlHrQAUPrjU7huXrA68-a9Y=&h=515&w=393&sz=25&hl=en&start=4&sig2=Ax4jFxsxWm4hAvgS2x0k8g&um=1&tbnid=wyEKxlZFrQAzoM:&tbnh=131&tbnw=100&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpaper%2Bquilling%2Bpictures%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1&ei=2DNHS5qlKcyV8AaIvf2JAw[/url]

[url]http://images04.olx.in/ui/2/61/46/22005546_1.jpg[/url]

Luvmypitgirls January 8th, 2010 06:46 PM

Thank you Breeze for the video link!
Next time I'm in the city I am going to look for a quilling kit. That looks like a lot of fun actually and could save a lot of money in embellishment kits!:D