Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   On topic - Pet chat, opinions, feelings and rants (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The "people" behind the PawsRUs puppy mill are starting again! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80354)

Mirela March 1st, 2012 09:21 AM

The "people" behind the PawsRUs puppy mill are starting again!

Although they were forced by the courts to surrender the 500+ dogs they were abusing in their puppy mill, CHARLENE AND NICOLE LABOMBARD, PROPRIETORS OF PAWS R US KENNEL, SHAWVILLE, QC. are again posting ads selling puppies.

All the rescue organizations and foster networks that have worked so hard since the seizure to undo as much as possible the damage these heartless people have done are on red alert, but they need everyone's help to continue to raise awareness.

Please do what you can to keep this in the public's eye - letters to your newspaper, contact your MPP if you're in Quebec or MP - after all - the puppy mill horror is not limited to one province - laws need to be changed; otherwise this will never end.

Thanks.

Love4himies March 1st, 2012 09:25 AM

No Way! :eek: Are they even allowed to own dogs or cats????????

Mirela March 1st, 2012 09:29 AM

No, but it does not seem to stop them. I am so upset right now...

Rgeurts March 1st, 2012 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;1035520]No Way! :eek: Are they even allowed to own dogs or cats????????[/QUOTE]

Actually, they are allowed to own animals, for now. They go to court this month where it will be decided whether or not they can own any animals. Until then, they are still free to do what they want. I have a feeling they are trying to make some fast money before they are banned. It's disgusting. But there are several people on FB who constantly watch for her ads, call and email her, and report her ads placing links to the news stories and court case etc. It won't "stop" them, but it will slow them down a bit.

Melinda March 1st, 2012 12:16 PM

were they not left with cats, chickens and some other livestock

Rgeurts March 1st, 2012 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Melinda;1035550]were they not left with cats, chickens and some other livestock[/QUOTE]

I believe they were, but Lorie would know for sure. She did tell me that the judge hasn't ruled yet on whether or not they can ever own animals again. That will be decided this month. If he has any sense at all, he will ban them.
What I don't understand is the fact that they took all these dogs from them 6 months ago, but yet allow them to possibly place just as many dogs in the same horrendous situation. It's infuriating. She has had several ads over the last couple of weeks. At least 3 I know of all for different breeds. So they've obviously purchased more "stock". :wall: :mad:

Melinda March 1st, 2012 12:22 PM

unreal..........damn law.....