Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes for humans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Sugar Free Low Fat Iced Cappuccino (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=51483)

krdahmer April 15th, 2008 02:52 PM

Sugar Free Low Fat Iced Cappuccino

Ok so I love love love Timmy's Iced Caps, but being type 2 diabetic don't get to have them when I want. And as I have written Tim Horton's many times requesting that they get with the times and start to offer sugar free and lower fat choices and never get anywhere with it.... I decided to go on a mission to make myself a good sugar free iced cappuccino! Well last spring I was in Danville Virginia at a great place called the Gingerbread house.... where lo and behold they MAKE sugar free iced caps! So I watched carefully as she made my third in as many days, and after much searching have now found the needed ingredients! Here is what worked and tastes great for me....

Take 1 1/4 cups skim milk and blend in 8 tsp. of General Foods International Sugar Free Swiss Mocha (or other flavour) coffee mix. Found this also in the US. However if you aren't in the States or near a border all these ingredients are available online.

Then blend in 1tbsp each of any 2 flavours you like, DaVinci Gourmet Syrups(found at US wal-mart in the coffee isle) has a few sugar free flavours.

Pour that into a blender, unless you already used the blender to blend it ;) ... and add 1 1/4 cups or one full tray of ice cubes.

Use the pulse button until desired smoothness. It will also be a little frothy on top, but I like that. If you want to get really fancy for guests or pamper yourself you can add chocolate shavings on top of the froth! mmmm....[img]http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif[/img]

Some flavour combos I like are Coconut/Cherry and Hazelnut/Raspberry (all with the mocha flavour GFI mix of course). Pour them in a glass and enjoy with a straw....

and thumb your nose at the nearest Tim Horton's!!!:laughing:

:D
Oh and this recipe makes two large glasses!

phoozles April 15th, 2008 03:20 PM

That sounds awesome! :thumbs up
I hate coffee, but I love those Ice Caps! I used to have one every weekend, until someone told me how much fat, etc., is in them :eek:

clm April 15th, 2008 10:01 PM

I actually make a pitcher of iced coffee from time to time that tastes a lot like starbuck frappachino that costs $18.00 for a case of 12 at Costco. It's actually better than that stuff, but it's certainly not low fat or low sugar....I'll give yours a try and see how I like it.

Cindy

Jim Hall April 15th, 2008 10:11 PM

ive had iced cappy no sweetmer it was really good however the beans were dead freshh ground 30 seconds before it got brewed

around here everyone assumes you want a low fat cappy i have to tell them whole milk they look at me like "whats that?"

krdahmer April 15th, 2008 10:16 PM

Oh and I did the nutritional figuring (just by adding up my ingredients and dividing by two) and compared with Timmy's... my serving size is about an extra large at Timmy's and the Timmy's stats were from a small regular iced cap. And I don't know about you but the small never does it for me.:rolleyes::laughing:

Mine / Timmy's
Calories- 86.25 / 250
Fat- 2g / 11g
Sodium- 98mg / 50mg
Sugar- 6g / 33g
Protein- 4g / 2g

For those that count the calories etc. I mean 6g vs [B]33[/B]g!! :eek:

CyberKitten April 18th, 2008 04:34 PM

What is their response? Have you spoken with the owner of the one you go to the most - in my area, one fellow owns several and that is often the case. My brother's nest door neighbour owns 10 or so in his region of the Maritimes and so someone like that could take that to the company meetings. Esp at the regional level. What about writing Ron Joyce even tho he is no longer involved with the company, he is the type who would take that kind of thing seriously )He now lives ion Nova Scotia).

Good luck but I also applaud your initiative in creating your own. I do not care for the iced stuff myself- I like the hot but have an Espresso machine so try to emulate theirs -which I do prefer to Starbucks! We have fortunately two Tims in the hospital - and if one is desperate for Starbucks, there is a one at the student union of the univ with the med school up the street (in the Student Union bldg) and there are also many Tim's nearby as well as a "real" Starbucks (ie not one like in Chapters)
on a nearby street so I can get biscottis which I DO like, lol