Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   St-Bernard looking for new family (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55972)

Frenchy August 29th, 2008 08:54 PM

St-Bernard looking for new family

3 Attachment(s)
In Quebec , my foster Ma Belle is looking for her forever family. I will not post the petfinder link as the profile has to be change. Ma Belle is a 3 yr old blind St-Bernard. She was used to be kept outdoors and slept in a barn at night. But she has now tasted the comfort of a home and doesn't want to live outside anymore. She's on the petite side , I would say about 100 lbs. Although she's blind , sometimes I completely forget about it , she has gotten use to her surroundings pretty fast , it's actually amazing to see her , she even gets the zoomies outside !!! She didn't like my dogs too much but , she had so many changes in her life and meeting 4 dogs in the same day was probably too much for her. She was use to the other dogs with who she lived. I think it would be good for her to live with one dog and to have a big fenced yard. She's very affectionate :cloud9: and she amazes me everyday. Please spread the word , she needs all the help she can get ! For more info pm me.

onster August 29th, 2008 09:58 PM

Good luck beautiful ma belle :goodvibes::fingerscr

Frenchy August 29th, 2008 10:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Speaking of dogs with small handicaps .... Emma is STILL looking for her forever home ! She would benefit from living with another dog , one who could be playful and patient with her :angel:

Here's her story [url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=54449[/url]

and may I remind you all on how cute she is :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack August 29th, 2008 11:06 PM

Belle and Emma... :flirt: Emma and Belle... :cloud9: Two sweethearts... :lovestruck:

luckypenny August 29th, 2008 11:13 PM

:lightbulb: They could get adopted together. Ma Belle could "hear" for Emma and Emma could "see" for Ma Belle :o .

hazelrunpack August 29th, 2008 11:21 PM

Now [I]there's [/I]an idea! :cloud9:

TeriM August 29th, 2008 11:41 PM

I second that great idea :thumbs up.

Chris21711 August 30th, 2008 12:11 PM

I'll send the link for Ma Belle to those people I mentioned to you already Frenchy, You never know.

14+kitties August 30th, 2008 02:30 PM

I hope both of them find their furever homes very very soon! :thumbs up:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:

Frenchy August 30th, 2008 02:34 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;649147]I'll send the link for Ma Belle to those people I mentioned to you already Frenchy, You never know.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chris. The couple that was interested changed their minds , there's another couple now but nothing is official. :shrug:

pitgrrl August 30th, 2008 07:34 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;649004]:lightbulb: They could get adopted together. Ma Belle could "hear" for Emma and Emma could "see" for Ma Belle :o .[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine the attention those two would get out on a walk?:laughing:

I hope they both have the best of luck finding forever homes.

coppperbelle September 1st, 2008 07:00 PM

St-Bernard

Are they posted on Petfinders? Whenever I post a dog there I get a lot of responses.

Good luck finding a home for Ma Belle and Emma.

BHRR September 2nd, 2008 12:45 AM

I truly hope everything works out well for her! :fingerscr

I was contacted to see if I(BHRR) could assist yet we had no room! :sad: The person who rescued her and who brought her back into her home; assured me that she was in no risk of being put to sleep, so I was much relieved in being told that.

chico2 September 2nd, 2008 07:33 AM

:goodvibes::goodvibes:for beautiful Ma Belle and little Emma:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Frenchy September 2nd, 2008 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=BHRR;650295]The person who rescued her and who brought her back into her home; assured me that she was in no risk of being put to sleep, so I was much relieved in being told that.[/QUOTE]

That was me BHRR :laughing: and no , she will NOT get euthanase !

BHRR September 2nd, 2008 07:58 PM

Frenchy,

Yes, you contacted me ;) and I responded back to you BUT I was also contacted by the original person who rescued her then took her back when things did not work out in your home as a foster. :) She called me and we spent quite a bit of time on the phone discussing Ma Belle and her situation.

[QUOTE=Frenchy;650425]That was me BHRR :laughing: and no , she will NOT get euthanase ![/QUOTE]

aslan September 2nd, 2008 07:59 PM

umm ok maybe i'm misunderstanding, but Frenchy still has Ma Belle.

Frenchy September 2nd, 2008 08:02 PM

BHRR , don't know what you've been told but I got Ma Belle from her original owners. She was never anywhere else than from the original owners to my place. :shrug:

BHRR September 2nd, 2008 08:03 PM

That is confusing to me for I was told when I was callled that she went back to the apartment of the person who first rescued her????? :confused:

Gwen

[QUOTE=aslan;650610]umm ok maybe i'm misunderstanding, but Frenchy still has Ma Belle.[/QUOTE]

Frenchy September 2nd, 2008 08:05 PM

I'll e-mail you Gwen ;)

BHRR September 2nd, 2008 08:05 PM

That is so confusing......I was called and told that things did not work out with her in your home and that she was now back in this person(who rescued her???)apartment and could BHRR possibly assist????

[QUOTE=Frenchy;650615]BHRR , don't know what you've been told but I got Ma Belle from her original owners. She was never anywhere else than from the original owners to my place. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

BHRR September 2nd, 2008 08:06 PM

OK! Great! :)

[QUOTE=Frenchy;650620]I'll e-mail you Gwen ;)[/QUOTE]