Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Starving Marvin (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83420)

omy319 February 7th, 2013 01:36 PM

Starving Marvin

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]My Marvin is about a year and a half old. He seems to be always hungry and has loose stools. About a week and a half ago his stools were solid. He does poop about 3 times a day :yuck: because he eats so much. I feed him Purina Indoor Cat Formula (dry) and Innova canned food. If he hears a door open or the sound of dry food he comes running :laughing:

He was previously living with another family but they didn't want him anymore because he always wanted to go out and the lady of the house was not happy because he wouldn't warm up to her. Marvin is not that kind of kitty......He is sweet but very independent, not the kind to snuggle or sit on your lap. What can I do to get him back to normal? He has a beautiful coat and no parasites or fleas. :shrug:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

sugarcatmom February 7th, 2013 02:12 PM

He may have a food intolerance to the kibble. Has he been to the vet for a check-up?

I would recommend eliminating all dry food from his diet, which tends to have too many carbs and fillers that can trigger digestive issues. Might also be worth trying some different canned foods, or even a raw diet if you're up for it. Here is some great info on feline nutritional requirements: [url]www.catinfo.org[/url]

omy319 February 8th, 2013 04:11 PM

Thank you for your help.

Barkingdog February 8th, 2013 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=omy319;1053528][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]My Marvin is about a year and a half old. He seems to be always hungry and has loose stools. About a week and a half ago his stools were solid. He does poop about 3 times a day :yuck: because he eats so much. I feed him Purina Indoor Cat Formula (dry) and Innova canned food. If he hears a door open or the sound of dry food he comes running :laughing:

He was previously living with another family but they didn't want him anymore because he always wanted to go out and the lady of the house was not happy because he wouldn't warm up to her. Marvin is not that kind of kitty......He is sweet but very independent, not the kind to snuggle or sit on your lap. What can I do to get him back to normal? He has a beautiful coat and no parasites or fleas. :shrug:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Have had your cat checked for worms , they make a pet have lose stools and be hungry all the time.

Barkingdog February 8th, 2013 05:25 PM

Have you had your cat checked for worms , it can make a pet have loose stools and be hungry all the time .