Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   My cat felt from the 6th floor (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69721)

emcee April 21st, 2010 11:52 AM

My cat felt from the 6th floor

I am writing in need of cheering and advices....

Our 10 years old cat has jumped of the 6th floor. Our cleaning lady has left the window open, and off he went. She brought him back home, and had to wait an hour for us to get back and bring him to the vet.

The vet's radio shows 2 fractures at the bassin (dont know the english words), and said he must stay under their observation for 24-48hrs (with anti-hemoragic and antibiotic medecine) to see if he eats and eliminate. They think a operation will be needed next week for his bassin.

Cats was suffering trying to lift himself up, and bleeding for a cut near his genital.

We are so scared to loose him, it's like all joy left our life since 4 hours.

If you have any uplifting stories of cats who felt from the 6th floor and were happily back home and playing around freely some weeks later, let us know. We desperately need virtual support.

Fingers crossed four our little angel,

thanks for reading...

m-c

BenMax April 21st, 2010 12:17 PM

Good vibes coming your way.:goodvibes:.

Here is hoping and praying that everything will be ok.:pray:

My thoughts are with you and your 4 legged companion. Keep us updated.:grouphug:

krdahmer April 21st, 2010 12:38 PM

:pray::goodvibes: that your kitty will be ok!

chico2 April 21st, 2010 01:07 PM

Emcee,I have no experience with anything broken(bassin=pelvis??)..
That's probably a serious place to have fractured:(
:pray:your little one will be ok:pray:
Please keep us updated:cat:

BrownEyedGirl April 21st, 2010 02:31 PM

Oh no, hope your furbaby will be ok. How scary.

Tig's mom April 21st, 2010 02:38 PM

I am so sorry your sweet cat has been injured.
I pray that the vets will take very good care of your kitty and that he
be ok. Sending out prayers for your cat & for your family also.
:pray::goodvibes:

Chris21711 April 21st, 2010 02:41 PM

Here's hoping your kitty heals well and fast.

Over a year ago in Mississauga/Toronto a cat fell 17 stories, she didn't sustain any dreadful injuries and recovered quite well.

hazelrunpack April 21st, 2010 03:31 PM

Oh, ouch, emcee!! Sending lots of :goodvibes: and keeping our :fingerscr for your kitty! :grouphug:

catlover2 April 22nd, 2010 12:17 AM

[I]emcee[/I], any update on how your boy is doing? Sending :pray: :fingerscr

emcee April 22nd, 2010 03:24 AM

News from lilo

Thank you *so* much for your support, it is so helpful to feel understood and that someone cares...

Monsieur li made it trough the night at the vet. Our little family at home did not sleep well, and our cat's brother, monsieur O, is searching for his brother in all corners of our flat. He did not sleep at all, keeping us awake.

We will be visiting lilo at the vet in less than 2 hours, and the vet will give us more news.

I'll keep you posted,

Many many thanks again...

emcee:fingerscr

emcee April 22nd, 2010 03:25 AM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;910433]Here's hoping your kitty heals well and fast.

Over a year ago in Mississauga/Toronto a cat fell 17 stories, she didn't sustain any dreadful injuries and recovered quite well.[/QUOTE]

Dear Chris, did you cat had any broken bone and need any operation? 17 stories is like, hm, 17 floors?!

Love4himies April 22nd, 2010 06:30 AM

Sending lot of :goodvibes: for your poor kitty :grouphug:

emcee April 22nd, 2010 06:48 AM

we are back from the vet. lilo is under strong drugs and sleeps.

beside his pelvis, all organs seems to be fine, but the vet keeps him under warm and heat because his temperature is too low and not getting higher (he lost a lot of blood yesterday).

we hope his temperature reach back to normal soon, from there we have good chances to get him back.

The little one needs his temperature back to normal, send good thoughts his way...

emcee

chico2 April 22nd, 2010 06:56 AM

emcee,you came to the right place,there is not one person here,who does not understand how you feel and :pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:that your your little boy will be up and running in no time:pawprint:

emcee April 22nd, 2010 07:01 AM

Thank you.

We are *so* heartbroken and still cannot believe this tragedy has happened to us, that lilo felt from so high.

We *so* wish for a happy ending to this horror story. Each moment waiting is so painful right now...

emcee

aslan April 22nd, 2010 07:08 AM

emcee,,,i had a husky that was hit by a car many years ago and had her pelvis broken in 4 places..it was a long slow recovery but in the end she was fine, no limp or long term issues. The most scary hours are over already now he just needs some time to recover.:goodvibes:

emcee April 22nd, 2010 08:01 AM

right now the vet is afraid bcs his temperature is low, and we fear hypothermia.

Is there anything that we can do to help, homeopathic or other remedies, beside the traditionnal remedies that the vet already does (pain repressers, antibiotics, anti hemoragics)?

any advice will be tried to keep our little angel alive.

thank you...

emcee

Chris21711 April 22nd, 2010 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=emcee;910581]Dear Chris, did you cat had any broken bone and need any operation? 17 stories is like, hm, 17 floors?![/QUOTE]

Emcee....it wasn't my cat it was in the newspaper, they think a bush broke her fall and she only sustained a chipped tooth and a little bleeding around the mouth, she was an abandoned kitty in an apartment and was picked up by the OSPCA and taken to their shelter...when she became famous the owner came forward to claim her, but hastily left when asked to pay for the care she received :frustrated:

Sending all the good vibes I can muster for Lilo :pray:

emcee April 22nd, 2010 08:57 AM

Lilo has just left.

hazelrunpack April 22nd, 2010 09:29 AM

Are you saying that Lilo didn't make it, emcee? :cry: Or that he's coming home? :fingerscr

:grouphug:

Chris21711 April 22nd, 2010 09:34 AM

Emcee, I'm so sorry to hear that, my heart goes out to you :grouphug:

emcee April 22nd, 2010 10:38 AM

he is gone. We are so badly hurt, do not know how to go through such a terrible phase, how to let him go, why did he left us... and how to bring happiness in our life again...

we now have to deal with his little body waiting for us at the vet...

onster April 22nd, 2010 10:48 AM

I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug::(

Love4himies April 22nd, 2010 11:11 AM

I am so sorry :( :cry: :grouphug:

hazelrunpack April 22nd, 2010 01:04 PM

I'm so sorry, emcee :grouphug: Such a difficult time for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I can tell Lilo was well-loved by you and my heart goes out to you.

:candle: Lilo

rjesak April 22nd, 2010 01:48 PM

I'm so sorry emcee. :cry2: I know just how hard it is. :grouphug:

BenMax April 22nd, 2010 02:06 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Lilo.:rip:

chico2 April 22nd, 2010 03:51 PM

Oh no,Emcee I am so very sorry,our kitties are small,but when they are gone, leave a huge empty space in our hearts,so sorry:cry:

diandpat April 22nd, 2010 03:54 PM

So so sorry emcee...poor little thing seemed to have fought pretty hard. Sometimes it is just too much :cry:

:rip: Lilo :grouphug:to you and your family

catlover2 April 22nd, 2010 06:06 PM

[I]emcee[/I], so very sorry to hear Monsieur Li didn't survive the fall.

I remember one of my kittens that was sold to someone who lived in an apartment, left the door to the balcony slightly open. This kitten was about 6 mos. and and went out on the balcony and jumped or fell from the 12th floor. They found him on the lawn badly injured but alive. His injuries were so severe a vet had to euthanize him. It was a very sad day for the owner and for myself as the breeder. Oddly enough the cat was named "Bouncer". That day I learned that vets called injuries from falling from apt/condos "Highrise Syndrome". Cats are so curious and who knows why he jumped, maybe after a bird? I was hoping and praying that your kitty would be the exception, as very few cats survive falls from apt. buildings/condos. May Monsieur Lilo rest in peace.

I would consider getting another kitty right away, not only to help with your grief, but also for Monsieur O as he misses his friend very much. You'll have to be [U]very strict now with your cleaning lady [/U]that [I]all[/I] windows and balcony doors must be [I]closed[/I]. I'm sure she will feel bad about this too.

:rip::grouphug: